Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-17-2005, 09:05 AM   #151  

Kerry- glad to hear that friday was a bit better. You're right about the birthmonster- you'll come out shining in the end.

Chris works for an electrical enclosure company- they make electrical fuse boxes and the big gray utility boxes. he worked saturday and I guess they did all they could and the boss told them to take off sunday this time.

I didn't get a chance to work out friday- late lunch and then I just wanted to go home at 5- but I worked out saturday. Got myself some new sweatpants because my other ones I was having to tie super tight or they'd fall off. Saturday was a good day for me- went to walmart and the grocery store EARLY and then returned a couple movies and then worked out and was home by 11 am. I love feeling accomplished. so I'm still on track on my curves goal of 200 visits this year. I'm at visit #111 I believe. I'm trying for 20 a month and then it'll get me to 240 visits.
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:55 PM   #152  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone hope you are all having a grea tday today. I went to Curves and got a good workout I will be sore in the morning I am sure. They tightened up the hydrolics today. So the machines were all a lot harder to use. I was thinking dang 2 days off and I am this out of it?It was nice to break a sweat and most there were sweating as well. Oh there was one lady had a small upper body and a hugh lower body can we all say baby got back? Gee that was not nice of me but dang ladies this was so off it was funny. Oh it was made worse being as this lady wore skin tight bottoms 2 sizes to small and a tiny tee that she kept lifting to wipe sweat off her face.
Kerry so sorry that Birthmonster is showing her colors. Just be tehre for the kids and be proud that you are so much a better mama to then than she is.
Yea Kandice on the 11th workout this month. I am number 8 I think? My first 2 didn't get enterered into the machine being as I didn't know I was to scan my key.
Leanne and why wouldn't dh want 2 bumps in front of him? COngrats on the smaller tees what a fun thing to happen!
Daphne
dabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 02:09 PM   #153  
Made my Goal weight!

Happy Monday Ladies...
On FRIDAY I went running on the treadmill....I used to run 2-4 times a week b4 I joined curves, so this was my first time running in almost 2 months...It took me Saturday and sunday to get over it- man, I was SO sore. BUT, now I will be incorporating Running into my weekly exercise...Curves M, W, Fr, running Tues, Thurs and sat or sun. I am BOUND and DETERMINED to get these last 16lbs off BEFORE summer AND pick my race to run....Seems like I am going to have to wait until the end of MAY but I will more than be READy for it.
Daphne- I gotta tell you about these 2 older ladies at curves, they both wear JEANS and TURTLENECKS to work out in...It is funny, but they are so adorable..and yes, we have some of those ODDLY shaped, too-tight clothes wearing people. Sometimes, I wish I was one of those people who would say something like "WHAT NOT TO WEAR" but I dont think I would ever have the BALLS to do it...lol

Hope everyone is having a great day...
Leanne
CW 141.6
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:43 AM   #154  
Miss. Brat

Wow Leanne you are a bundle of energy and then some. I would love to be able to run but not at this weight! I might cause an earthquake Oh my gosh I am at the what not to wear comment. The worse part was her lifting her **** to wipe the sweat off face and boom there it is her sports bra and her lumpy tummy. I bet she wears a string bikini at the beach too. Oh and on the maintaining boards she was doing this jump and lift a leg bending it forwards thing and she made MY back hurt. I was fasinated watching her!
OK hubby is leaving tomorrow for the day and then will leave Wednesday and not be hone until the 28th of this month. I plan on kicking it into high gear with him gone. I can feed the kids fast stuff and not worry about making real dinners. They don't care what I make and I am sick of making steaks, salads, dessert, a side dish or 2, etc.
Have a great night everyone!
Daphne
Old 01-18-2005, 11:09 AM   #155  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
You all had me rolling on the floor with laughter about your Curves experience with people who wear interesting outfits to workout in. There is one lady who is very large and wears tight little spandex pants (white one's at that to workout in) and tank tops to workout in at my Curves. The first couple of times she was in there I was shocked that it didn't seem to bother her that she was dressed like that. I mean you saw all her cottage cheese on her backside and legs. So that must be the twin for the one lady at your Curves Daphne. I went to Curves yesterday and got weighted and measured for the month. I lost another pound, another inch in my thighs and dropped 0.10% in my body fat. So I was happy with the results. I have to go to TOPS tonight and get weighed in there and I am hoping to have lost some weight this past week. I just haven't felt like eating as much here lately. I guess that is a good thing but sometimes I have to remind myself to eat a little something. Well I am here at school for an inservice and they just called about lunch so I will be back to chat with you all this evening.
Have a great day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:55 AM   #156  

way to go Kerry! I get weighed the 27th and I can't wait! I know I lost at least 6 lbs this month and who knows how many inches... the last time my body fat went up .5% so I'd like to get that back down again too...

I'm leaving in 6 minutes to go to curves today- number #12 this year...
Old 01-18-2005, 10:54 PM   #157  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Hope everyone had a wonderful day today! I am on cloud nine right now. I weighted in at TOPS tonight and weighed in at 200.8 pounds. I lost 4 1/2 pounds by justing really watching what I eat, drinking more water and bumping up my excerise. I was this week's Biggest Loser for my group. Then we had an Oscar night for our Open House and I won an Oscar for losing the most weight in my weight division for last year. So that little trophy is sitting in the entertainment stand by my workout videos as a gentle reminder to push even harder to reach my goals. This is the year I am going to be at my goal weight and then work on maintaining it. Please remember that when I feel depressed and need my butt kicked.
I treated myself to a trip to Curves this afternoon. Since we didn't have students at school today I was home by 3:15, instead of my 5. So I went with one of my friends and we worked out. So it felt great to reward myself with a little extra excerise. Well I am starting to get sleepy so I am going to close for now. Have a great day tomorrow!
Kerry
Old 01-19-2005, 12:11 PM   #158  
KAR

Snow day for me! Yeah I think I might wait for it to warm up a little bit more and then go into Curves this afternoon. Hope everyone is staying warm today! It is cold and we have about an inch of snow on the ground. But we still didn't have school today.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 01-19-2005, 01:16 PM   #159  

snow flurries but nothing amounting to anything here in western NC. cold though! went to curves today- visit #13 this month!
Old 01-19-2005, 09:31 PM   #160  
KAR

Hi ladies,
I spent my day being entertained by my stepkids. They were a hoot today. We had to go out for a walk in the snow to try out our new snow boots we got for Christmas. I took them for a 30 minute walk around town. They were so cute. They wanted to make snow angels and I had to be a meanie and say no. We didn't have any dry pants for them at our house. They came home and had a mini snowball fight with me until we made it up to the front porch and then I made them come inside to get warm. I then got my stuff ready and went to Curves to workout. I felt bad because I went in earlier than I usually do since I didn't have school and here the one girl who works there was looking forward to my workout being the last one of the evening. Since they close at 7 and I usually get there anywhere from 6:30 to 6:45 to workout on Monday's and Wednesday's, then I wait and walk out with the ladies who are closing. But today I went in two hours earlier so I could go to my sdd's basketball practice. She wanted me to come watch her practice. She was so cute when she asked since I am usually never home on the evenings that she has practice. Now I am trying to talk myself into getting ready for bed, just in case we have school tomorrow.
So how is everyone this evening?
Kandice it looks like you will be reaching your mini-goal #2 here very shortly. Keep up the good work. You will reach it by the end of this month I bet! My next mini-goal is to be 175 by my birthday which is May 15th.
Daphne, sounds like you have a wonderful plan for while your dh is gone for a few days. Do you have a mini-goal weight that you would like to reach by the time he comes home as a surprise to him? I know that you can kick it and get it done.
Leanne how is your tooth? When do you have to have it pulled? I decided that once I got down to 200 pounds, I would start to run. So this spring when the weather is nicer I am going to start jogging. My dh keeps telling me that he will jog with me but I don't think I am ready to go jogging with him just yet. He is so quick that I wouldn't be able to keep up with him and then he would try to start a fight with me about my speed. I guess I will have to go running for a while by myself to get a comfortable pace and then ask him to join me. I have a challenge to myself that I would like to accomplish by the end of the summer if I do start to run. We have a bike path here in town and it goes out to a state lake. I would love to be able to run the entire length of the bike path to and from the lake. I think that would be a beautlfful setting.
Well I better go and get ready for bed. I am starting to get a little sleepy as I sit here and type to you all. Talk to you all later.
Have a wonderful Thursday!
Kerry
Old 01-19-2005, 10:55 PM   #161  
Miss. Brat

Hi ladies and I hope you all are well tonight. Wow Kerry is sounds like you had a wonderful day today. Look at all the calories that you burned in the snow. How did the sdd's practice go tonight? What are your plans to get off 25 pounds by May? I mean do you have anything specific in mind? Did you used to be a runner? Are you a runner or a jogger?
Kandice congrats on the 13th visit. Wow you havn't missed a day this month! Do you have a mini treat in mind if you make so many visits? Wow you are so close to your wedding day goal you are going to beat that goal and be on the way to your birthday goal!
Leanne how are you doing? Post and let us know how things age going.
I went to Curves today and had a hard to going today I mean a real hard time. I am on 7 hours of sleep for the last 2 nights so I was not a happy camper. I got there and it was OK. There were 2 visiting Curves employees there, learning our system I guess that is what they were doing, and they just sat there staring at us. It made me uncomfortable to be there today. I was glad that I went today and got it done with now I have to go the next 2 days for sure and see if neighbor can watch the kids Saturday so I can go then as well. I want to go all 6 days this week and next. Dang I am paying for it I may as well go 6 days each week.
My scale was up a pound today this morning and I think that is why I was in such a funk. It is supposed to go down right? If I gain with eatting 1500 calories average a day and doing Curves then dang I will be lost as how to lose weight.
OK I am off to watch American Idol.
Daphne
Old 01-20-2005, 09:01 AM   #162  

Kerry- sounds like fun out in the snow! we still haven't had any snow this winter! When I was young in Maine, we always went sledding and my little brother and sister made snow forts at the end of our driveway where my dad piled the snow from the snowblower... and now- no snow!

Thanks for your kind words about my goal... I would love to be at goal by the wedding, but I'm eating more... today my weight at home (naked) went up a couple lbs.. to 176- so that means I'm about 180 with clothes on at Curves... But TOM just left too- excuses I know... I'm not updating my ticker because I want to see it gone in a couple days. I'm getting weighed/ measured the 27th so I'll probably update then...

my birthday- I would love to be at goal goal- 155 because we're going to NY to see Phantom of the Opera that weekend. I want to wear a nice dress and get all dolled up and feel good about myself. I already feel so much better than I did when I was 25 lbs heavier, more energy, confidence....

no rewards for going to Curves- just a new years resolution to go at least 200 times this year... I joined in june last year and had 100 visits in 2004- so double it for a full year...
Old 01-20-2005, 09:56 AM   #163  

Hi there... I am new here, and thought I would sound off here. I had my first Curves visit on Monday. Going early tomorrow morning with my Mom, and also on Saturday. we motivate one another to go, actually so that is a good thing.

My Curves is pretty good. There are a LOT of members, and we have a thing where if you have 12 visits in one month, you get a free month tacked on at the end of your year. So Mom and I are going to try to go for it. You have to do it for 12 months, I think ... I should check out the rules.

The person who took us around is a stickler for doing the exercises correctly, but she is also a little but overbearing, which doesn't mesh well with my mother's personality. But oh well... I am not there to win a popularity contest, am I?

Thanks for letting me sound off! I will be back later on.
mom2pittcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:32 PM   #164  
Made my Goal weight!

HI everyone, welcome Meredith...
Okay heres the story with my tooth....2 years (and 2 babies ago), I got a root canal...But, the temprorary filling broke off before I could get it fixed, so I then found out I was prego and had to put the whole thing of...so, needless to say I have a shell of a tooth, no feeling in it whatsoever and am NOW PROCRASTINATING about getting it pulled....I know I know, this is the year of taking care of myself...I'll have to kick my own arse into gear and just make an appointment right? yes, you are right!
Otherwise, I am officially back to running, as well as curves...I ran 5km yesterday in 37 minutes, which is BY FAR my best run EVER. SO it give me a starting point...but, I will be ready to run in no time...and ready for my race for SURE..
ALL of my clothes are starting to fit, in fact some are now getting too big, and holy cow my muscles feel AWESOME....I love that I have a year membership at curves because why pay for something if you arent going to use it? so that is extra motivation. lol
Kerry- I SWEAR running, for me is THE BEST way to lose weight...and I completely understand not wanting to run with your hubby, my hubby did an ironman competition last year , he can run way FASTER and FARTHER than me....in time, we'll run together...
Happy Thursday to everyone...
Leanne
CW 140.4..............GOTTA BREAK INTO THE 130'S SOON
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:02 PM   #165  
Miss. Brat

Meredith welcome to our group here! I joined Curves on the 3rd of this month and I love it. At my Curves the 2 ladies I have met just walk around and talk to us or on the phone the whole time. I havn't had anyone really say do it this way except for the hand over hand machine that you twist on I had hands wrong way and then it was a fellow work outer person helping me. I had to learn on my own the right way for the most part. Too bad there isn't a middle ground there some where!
Leanne wow and congrats on that fast run! Mileage wise how far is that? I am to shy to job even when my weight is down 50 pounds lower being as I have a large... hugh..... humongous bosom. It hurts to run and get black eyes at the same time. When I get down to 175 I will start to jog and I will buy me an expensive jogging bra then! How fun to have clothing getting to big. I want out of my 22 jeans and into my 20s. Hahaha I want into my 14s!
I did Curves today and there was just 3 of us and then just the 2 of us. I loved it that way. Parking was a cinch and I could stay at a machine longer when I wanted to. I love the thigh machine.
I went to a groacery discount place today and I got a case yes I said a case of Boca burgers for $10.00. There is 56 patties in there. I love Boca burgers they are just to yummy to me.
Today I made me a banana, strawberry, lite orange juice smoothie. It was delicious:I did splurge and get me an Iced Caramel Maccioto from Starbusck though.OK i am rambling so I will chat laters,
Daphne