Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-11-2004, 09:51 AM   #1  

Thumbs up I am new and I ran.....

Hello All,

I am new to this website and for the past few days I have been looking and learning and last night I ran. I am at my biggest weight ever and trying so hard to lose about 30 pounds. I ran for the first time last night in ages ( I used to run track in high school 10 years ago) But the advice, inspiration and support you folks offer is amazing. So from a past peeper, THANKS!!
Sugar Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Sugar Apple, It's wonderful that have decide to challenge yourself to becoming a better you. I amm part of the MaY MiLEs thread. We are all walkers of one type or another ( TM, WATP tapes, Trail, etc. ) we never challenge each other we just post our daily and monthly miles and encourage one another along the way. Feel free to join us any time!

Kristi
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 07:19 PM   #3  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

That is so exciting that you are running again! I love to run. I'm currently benched from running 5K races, but I've been running regularly in the gym.

DETAILS!!! We need DETAILS!! How long did you run? What's your plan to get back into shape? What's your running goal?
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 03:01 PM   #4  

HI everyone I am doing my first 5K this weekend. i can't wait the down side for me is that I am a treadmill runner and just started outside and I have to run with my son in the stroller. I am not looking forward to that part. But I can't wait other wise. I am going to so a 2 min run with a 1 min walk. I am looking about 40 min to get done altogether. I hope that everone keeps up their running I love the feeling that you get once you get past that wall. I have done that before like you can't stop.
Tanya
2cutekids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

YGG, You are 4 pound from goal and doing a 5k. You mention doing it with your son, are you doing a charity run? 40 min. sounds like a great time to aim for. I hope you are terribly proud of yourself. Cudos to you!

Kristi
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:39 PM   #6  
Tig
Gotta RUN!

Thumbs up Go! GO! GO!!!

Hurray for Running!!!! We'll get those 5Ks down... and then who KNOWS what we'll be looking at next fall??
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 01:12 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig
That is so exciting that you are running again! I love to run. I'm currently benched from running 5K races, but I've been running regularly in the gym.

DETAILS!!! We need DETAILS!! How long did you run? What's your plan to get back into shape? What's your running goal?
I worked out for an hour, that includes 2 10 min stops in between the run. Overall I was very proud of myself, but my running goal is to run for about an hour non-stop. I have no plan to get back into shape, that is why I am here.
Sugar Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 02:55 PM   #8  

HI everyone. I did my run and I was lucky my hubby took my son and I ran alone. I was done in the best time I could have ever thought. 28 min and 29 sec. I am so happy.
Well the I am am going to chance my goal to that I have reached my goal. 150 is were I am sitting and I am happy with myself. I can wear size 8's and the is good for me.
Well I am think I am going to see if I can find a 10 km run. I would like to try one. The one that I just did was a community run. It was great and I won a door prize of all kinds of coffee's.
Well everyone keep up that running
Tanya
2cutekids is offline   Reply With Quote