Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-18-2004, 11:12 AM   #106  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning NEVERTOOLATE ~
Yep! Unfortunately (or fortunately- however you see it ) Most women will lose from the upper part of the body first. The thickest part of the body (for me that is my hips, abs and upper thighs ) is the last to see move... it seems that when fat finds it's way there ~ it likes to settle So we have to just be very consistant and persistant... don't give up, it WILL come off In time... ... you will see it begin to come off. I am fianally seeing it in my hips & thighs and it has been 7 months of going 2-3x a week & walking 5x a week since the beginning of April/04 (I am on the MaY WaLkErS thread too). Some see it sooner... so just be patient with yourself, okay.

*I wish you well on your venture to a NEW you *
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 05-18-2004 at 11:14 AM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:45 AM   #107  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

I have been going to Curves since March 8th and I have yet to lose anything from my thighs... I have lost from everywhere else but my thighs which is where I really want to see a loss... I started out going 3 or 4 times a week...Now I go 5 (or some times 6) times a week... AND it is indeed frustrating... Yesterday I ordered "Crunch: Pick Your Spot Pilates" and hope that will help me thin my thighs

Don't give up! You CAN do this!!!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 01:47 PM   #108  
One step at a time...

Talking That's the way to think!

That's the spirit! Keep tha attitude about it and you will go far... In my first month I only lost 2.5# and less than 2" total so you are already ahead of where I was!

If you want to see exactly what I've lost and where it is coming off, you can check out my website: my home page

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 05-18-2004, 05:28 PM   #109  
KAR

Hi everyone,
I survied my fieldtrip this weekend. I had a fun time with the kids. Boy did we do a lot of walking. So I am hoping that tonight when I go to TOPS that I have a lose instead of a gain. LOL. I was going to go workout tonight but functioning on less than 12 hours of sleep for the last 3 days, I thought taking a nap sounded better. I will go tomorrow night for sure. Just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone. I will write more when I have the time.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:35 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi ladies:

Had my weight/measure day last night & was down 6.4 inches overall & 8.4#
Have been going at least 3x and been really focussed on my eating. So I was pleased to see results. Hope everyone is doing well & keep on curving :-)
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:29 AM   #111  
One step at a time...

Good morning y'all!

Bandit- Great job!!! My monthly weigh and measure showed quite similar results for the month and I was elated!

NeverTooLate- It's good to see you are looking at it more positively now...as they say, "If you believe it, you CAN achieve it!"

Hope everyone is having a happy, healthy day!
Old 05-20-2004, 03:49 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hey guys- way to go on your losses & thanks Jenn/Sheila for the encouraging words.

Keep on drinking your water!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 08:25 PM   #113  
One step at a time...

Any time Bandit! That's what I'm here for!

BTW - when I was at my Curves today, they were having a "Sweating to the Oldies Day", and I was just wondering if anyone else's Curves has ever done that?

Hope y'all had a great day!
Old 05-21-2004, 11:02 AM   #114  

Smile

Good Morning Gals ~
I went to Curves this morning for my weigh-in and measure... all I lost in inches from last month was a quarter inch in my hips... and my weight is still 195 (down 21lbs all together). I am not disappointed, I just have to keep on truckin' and increase my workouts a little bit. I think I am puffy from the water I am holding (even thought I drink tons of water in a day ~ over 100oz )- it is very muggy here and hot! Not complaining 'bout the weather, mind you... but it is a reason for holding water. So I really think that my next Curves weigh and measure will be much better and look forward to next month. I did go down a bit in body fat --- from 41.40% to 40.80% --- down 1.19lbs in fat. I know it will be a better result next month cuz I am just gonna work harder!

Hi KERRY ~
So glad to see you and to hear you had a good time over the weekend in spite of the weather we had here... it was very wet!

You never said... ... ... How was your BIRTHDAY weekend???? Do anything special? Other then the field trip?

Hi BANDIT ~
CONGRATS on being down 6.4 inches & 8.4#'s!
***THREE CHEERS***
Keep up the great work! I too go 3x's a week... wish I could go more

Hi SHEILA ~
WoW! Everyday!?! Good for you!!!!! I wish I could go more then 3x a week, but I lack the time right now... keep up the wonderful job!
Fingers-crossed for good results in June.

Hi JENN ~
You make a great Cheerleader So glad to have you join us
Yep --- we have "Theme" days at our Curves too. I love the oldies myself - a huge fan of the late 40's and early 1950's music.

*~*~*

Well gals, I really must be going... things to do, people to see
Have a wonderful Day Ladies!!!!
SunnyD <><

Old 05-21-2004, 12:46 PM   #115  
One step at a time...

It's sooo funny that you would say I make a good cheerleader! Last week I was named SAA's official head-cheerleader

I even made up a little cheer after they said that, because I'm so corny...

It went like this:

2-4-6-8, Losing weight feels really great! As you watch the scale go down, There no way to wear a frown! Be really proud of what you've done, As you watch the pounds fall off one by one!!!!
Yeaaa chicks!!

Old 05-22-2004, 01:07 PM   #116  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
I was able to make it to my Curves only three times this week. I usually go 4 to 5 times a week. Only going three times this week, I have noticed a big difference in the way I feel and act. I am more tired and moody. Not a good thing for my kids are school.LOL. But this coming week I will be back on my routine schedule.
My birthday was just okay. It rained for almost day long. I ended up doing tons of laundry. Then had to eat pasta for dinner because that is what my stepkids told my mother in law what they wanted for dinner. So she made a big old pot of it. My DH could not understand why I was a little upset about the dinner plans. I said that we let the kids pick what they wanted to eat on their birthday's and that it was my special day. We had went out the day before and picked up the stuff to have steak,baked potatoes and salad for dinner that night. But he just laughed and said that I needed to be more flexable. Then we went shopping for batting gloves for the kids that evening. So I had a wonderful 31st Birthday. LOL I finally got my steak and sweet potato the other night when I went out with a group of friends from work. I guess I should just get use to the fact that my birthday is just another day and I have to do for everyone else. Sorry to rant and rave, but I am just getting tired of doing things for everyone else and not getting anything done for myself unless I do it.
Glad to hear that everyone is doing great with their diet's and working out. I am going to kick myself in the butt this summer. I am hoping to be able to take some more weight off this summer. I did get a new bike to ride around town last week. But it has either been too hot or raining. So I hope that after school is out after the 28th, the weather will cooperate.
Well I have to go and get ready to go to the ball field my stepsons have a ball game at 2. Talk to you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 07:15 PM   #117  

OK, I'm ready to begin again. Reading your remarks has made me totally ashamed of myself for not following through on a dream of finally doing something about my weight. Joined Curves the last of April but due to some health concerns didn't keep it up, although the payments have been regular. ha. Going to begin a new day tomorrow and get this ole body going down, down, down.
Wish me luck!

CW: 245
GW: 145
Lolow38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:02 AM   #118  
One step at a time...

Kerry - Sorry to here that you didn't have a good birthday... Your husband should have volunteered to do the laundry for you and give you some time to relax for your day! At least your friends took you out for the dinner that you wanted! Isn't it funny how sometimes your friends treat you better than your family? A least it wasn't a total wash.

Lolow - Welcome! It's good to see that you are making a new commitment to yourself! I hope that we can continue to motivate you to go to the gym. I love my Curves! it is sooo much better than having to workout in front of a bunch of men and the people are so nice! Hopefully the people at your Curves will be a good support group for you too!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I Kept myself busy. I went to the gym on Saturday morning, then played taxi for my sister and watch her 3-month old daughter all day while Tim and I looked for a digital camera. Everyone kept telling me that "my daughter" was beautiful and that she looked soo much like me Then yesterday I went curtain shopping with my mother and then for a 4.5 mile, hilly walk with one of my other sisters. We were so proud of ourselves because we didn't get all crampy and tired! Curves must really be helping our stamina! Next time maybe we will make the round-trip.... 9 mi, think we could handle it?
Old 05-25-2004, 06:42 AM   #119  

Exclamation *stop*

STOP!
DO NOT POST HERE...
TIME TO BEGIN A NEW THREAD

Here is the LINK to the New Thread - CURVES #6: