Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-29-2004, 08:15 AM   #76  
KAR

Hi everyone,
Sorry I have not been posting lately. I have been very busy with school and going to my workouts at Curves in the evenings to destress from my busy day at school. I am tired by the time I get home in the evenings and end up getting my stuff ready for the next day and doing a little bit of light housework and then it is off to bed.
I did lose 3 1/4 pounds last week. The ladies at my TOPS group asked how I did it. I laughed and said that I ate some fat free cookies one evening and the ingredients did not sit well with my stomach. I was sick for one whole night and half the next day with a severe stomachache. So now I only have 7 3/4 pounds to go until my 200 pound goal by my birthday on the 15th of May. Well my kids are here. So I need to go and get them ready for the day. It is going to be another long day! But I will make it through and go workout at Curves tonight so I can relax. Have a great day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:21 PM   #77  
A princess on a mission

hey everyone its been ages since i dropped in here...can't stay long either but i just wanted to continue to rave about Curves...I love the place and i wasn't even disappointed today when i went for my first weigh in...*drumroll please* I have since i started curves a month ago lost 7 pounds and 6.5 inches...I couldn't believe it either...I thought i was doing so bad but I guess not...and i will keep on curving it up!!

Jessica
jsscmngn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:50 AM   #78  
KAR

Congrats Jessica on your weight loss and inches lost. Keep up the good work.
I didn't make it in to Curves last night and boy did I miss working out. I had gotten use to go everyday of the week last week. I am planning to go in tonight and tomorrow morning though. I had a hard time sleeping last night and I really think it was because I didn't get to workout.
Well I need to get back to work. Have a great weekend!
Kerry
Old 04-30-2004, 11:25 AM   #79  

Because the Detroit/Calgary game went so late I didn't get to bed until almost 1 a.m. Then I couldn't get up in time to go to Curves this morning before work. By time I'm done work it is too late to go for a work-out. (They close at 6:30 on Friday)
I'm like Kerry - I'm used to going every day and I really miss it when I don't work out.

on the inches and weight lost Jessica. I'm losing inches but not weight - I notice jeans fit differently around the legs or butt but not around the stomach.
wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:35 AM   #80  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hello Everyone!
So great seeing you all come in and post!

I haven't been to Curves this week - it has been a odd
sort of week for me...
I'll be back on my schedule come Monday next week.

I had a GYN appointment Wednesday morning (4/28) that was very important. The Dr. was going to lower my estrogen dose -again- and I was a very concerned about it... I was on 1.25mg and then she lowered me to .90mg last yr and wanted to lower me again to .625 & I don't want it to be that low! I am only 47! If you all only knew how much havoc it plays on the system when the dose changes like that... I have been on it since I was in my 20's because I have had 4 surgeries removing my Ovaries, Tubes, Uterus & almost all my Cervix - all stemming from my car accident when I was 19. I am blessed that my hubby, Joe, takes it as serious as I do and he took the day off to come with me to meet my Dr. and speak with her... in all fairness ~ my Dr. was concerned about breast cancer & that's why she wanted to lower me.

It all turned out very well! She was thrilled to see a husband so involved in his wife's care and was very attentive to both of us. I am not going to be lowered again and am feeling wonderful about that! Another hurtle jumped successfully I just have to get another mammo. done this year and I should be fine... I feel so blessed to have a good Dr. not to mention a good husband who really cares about me.

To all you gals losing inches and weight!

Catch you all next week!
Have a Wonderful Weekend!!
{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 12:08 PM   #81  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hello everyone. Sorry about being MIA again. These past two weeks, I have been sitting around, beating myself up for gaining back 27 lbs. Everyday I woke up, sat around, sulked, and went to work. Then this past week, I woke up and realized that I gained back 27 lbs (I am at 282 lbs right now) - but I still didn't gain back the other 23 lbs.

So I decided that I could either sit around, get bigger, complain, and do nothing, or STOP eating myself to death, and DO something about it.

So this week I decided what I was going to do.

Basically, I am going to follow a plan some what like "Jenny Craig". I am not going to be joining Jenny Craig, or buying their food. But what I am doing is buying my OWN prepared frozen meals, right from the grocery store (Healthy Choice brand to be exact.)

Each morning, I will eat a sensible breakfast (1 protein, 1 starch, 1 fruit). For lunch I will eat one of my Healthy Choice meals. For a snack (at work) I will eat a "Kellogg's Krave" bar, and when I get home in the evening for dinner, I will have another Healthy Choice meal. (Plus I'll be adding in extra veggies, and a few more fruits since they really don't provide that.)

I will follow this plan Monday - Friday because Ricardo works all day, and I only see him before I go to bed each night. And on the weekends when we are home together, I will cook dinner as usual, and try to lighten it up.

This plan seems a lot easier for me, because during the week when I am home alone, I don't like to cook for myself, so I either go and grab fast food, or eat junk that I don't need. I think this will start to give me a little more control, plus help me with my portions.

Once again, sorry for being MIA. I should be here, helping to support all of you too, like you all have supported me.

This time I'm back, and I think I'm staying on track.

I hope you all have a great day, and I am sending good vibes : your way!

~ Kari ~
kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 02:19 PM   #82  
KAR

Hi Sunny, Kari and Everyone else,
Sunny glad to hear that your appointment at the doctor's went so well. It is nice to hear that you have a wonderful supportive husband. My husband has yet to go to the doctor's office with me when I am sick. When I got the chicken pox's in Dec. he was very kind and caring, but I still went to the doctor's by myself the day I came down with them.
Kari I am glad to see that you stopped beating yourself up over your weight. Your plan sounds like a great one. You will see great results shortly if you sit your mind to it. I have been like you in feeling down in the dumps when I gained weight back. But I have learned that you are going to have ups and downs in life and just need to learn to deal with them the best way that you can. You will be able to take those pounds off and more. It is a great feeling to be losing weight, getting healthier and able to wear new smaller clothes.
Have a great weekend!
Keep up the good work ladies.
I am getting ready to go home and get ready to go workout at Curves. It is such a dreary rainy day outside so I will add a little sunshine to my life by going to workout.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 04-30-2004, 03:53 PM   #83  
SHAD

I just did my second "trial" workout at Curves. I have one concern about lower back problems - which I have. I just feel that the assumed position for some of the exercises, and the exercises themselves put a bit of stress on the lumbar region. I know the key to any exercise is good form, and to keep your tummy tucked in - this is a great back protector too. But, I wonder if anyone else feels back strain with the Curves workout - or is it just me? By the way, our place has great hours as far as I can tell: Mon-thurs 5:30-8, Mon-Fri 5:30-6, Sat 7-noon. I'm hoping that when my trial week is up, my back will feel stronger.
susanjmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 01:47 PM   #84  
~ Berry Happy ~

Good afternoon to all! I hope everyone is doing well!

It is SUCH a beautiful day outside today! (I almost hate to go to work! lol)

How has everyone been doing with their Curves? I sure miss going to Curves. I was going to re-join with the $$$ I got back from my totaled out car, but I ended up having to use that for some bills. *One Day* I'll get back to Curves

I have been doing very well on my plan so far. Saturday, which was my second day on plan turned out to be crummy because I ate at a fast food restaraunt. (There's a whole story behind it - and it's in my journal) lol. But since then, I have been totally OP and it is feeling great.

I have been working on getting all of my water in. Today so far I've had 64 oz. I'll probably drink a 20 oz water at work, and then come home and *maybe* drink another 64 oz.

Well - I'm off to go try my new Lean Cuisine - Baked Fish w/Mac & Cheese and some steamed broccoli. I hope everyone is doing well - and stops in soon.

Talk with you all soon,

~ Kari ~
Old 05-03-2004, 05:47 PM   #85  

Talking I'm back!!

Hello everybody! I have read through a few of the posts and yall are doing great. I have not been to Curves in forever but I am officially going back tomorrow. Everything is still the same with me. I am still taking my lexapro and still wanting a baby so bad it hurts but thats ok.

I have really missed everyone. Its good to be back.

I did have surgery in January. I found a breast lump that actually came back to be nothing. The Dr. is worried about my estrogen level causing breast cancer. I think I have another appt in about a month or two. Maybe I will have lost some inches from them by the time I go back!

Well, I am going to cut grass. I will write more later
Cassandra B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:58 AM   #86  
~ Berry Happy ~

CassandraB - Welcome Back! We've missed you!!!

I'm glad that you are getting back to Curves! You'll feel MUCH better once you start getting your exercise in. (I don't know what it is about exercising that makes a person feel good) lol. I still haven't been able to get back to Curves. Too many bills and others things to take care of right now, but I have my Walk Away The Pounds Tapes. I just have to start using them more.

I'm sorry that you had to have surgery! I'm glad that it turned out to be nothing! That must have been a very scary situation!

I can also relate to how you feel about wanting a baby. When I was 17 I had a miscarriage. For about 2 - 3 years following the miscarriage, I wanted a baby so badly. It was probably the worst time in my life. My heart ached all the time because I wanted a baby. (((Big Hugs))) to you CassandraB - one day your dreams will come true!

Well - I have to get going. Once again welcome back! If you ever need to talk, just send me a PM or e-mail me at [email protected]

Hope to see you around the boards!

~ Kari ~
Old 05-04-2004, 10:27 AM   #87  
KAR

Welcome back Cassandra!
Hi Ladies,
Tonight after work I have to go into Curves to be weighed and measured. I am hoping that I lost some inches this past month. I bumped up how many days a week I went to Curves from 3 to 5 or 6 days. So I hope that it might have helped. I have also bumped up how much water I intake on a daily basis. I drank 160 oz. of water yesterday. For some reason, that is the only drink I crave anymore. I still drink my milk, iced tea and a pop(occassionaly), but water is my main choice of beverage.
So Kari, I am glad to see that you are sticking to your plan. That is great. Please don't beat yourself up over having a meal at a fast food restaurant. It is okay to have one every once in a while. What did the baked fish and mac and cheese dinner taste like? I have been taking Lean Cruisine dinners for my lunches on my long days here at school. I am so glad that I only have 18 more days of school. Then it is summer vacation. I can't wait. I am hoping to drop off some of these much unwanted pounds over the summer. I will check in with you all later. Have a wonderful day ladies!
Kerry
Old 05-04-2004, 10:55 AM   #88  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hi Kar73 - Wow! You sure are getting your Curves in! Way to go! Let us know what your results are! I'll keep my for you! The lean cuisine meal that I bought was *okay*. I'm not sure if I would buy it again for not. The fish was a little soggy (and I baked mine in the oven). And it had a weird spice on it that I wasn't really fond of. But I did make a low fat tartar sauce (1 tbsp) to spread on top of it.

I too have been getting my water in. (Amazingly). I should be getting in about 140 oz everyday - but It's been more like 100 oz. That is an accomplishment though - I guess lol. (Been running to the potty an aweful lot though!)

Well - gotta get going. Hope ya have a great day!

~ Kari ~
Old 05-05-2004, 11:22 PM   #89  
KAR

Hi everyone,
I went last night and got the results. I lost a pound according to their scales. But they are about 4 or 5 pounds off from mine scales and the scales at TOPS. I lost 1.50 inches in my arms. But I gained .25 inches in my bust, hips and thighs. But I am still happy with my inches lost. So that is not going to get me down. I missed my workout tonight. I had a staff meeting from 4 to 7 and then my stepsons' ball game to go to. So there was just not a enough time to squeeze everything in. Oh well I will make time tomorrow night before another ball game at 7.
So how is everyone enjoying the spring weather we are having? My friend and I did squeeze in a tiny walk after school before our meeting started. So it is not like I didn't get any excerise today in. Just not a lot. Well I better be off to bed.
Have a great day on Thursday!
Kerry
Old 05-06-2004, 12:00 AM   #90  
~ Berry Happy ~

Hello everyone. I hope you are all doing well. It's been kinda quiet around here lately, I hope ya'll stop in when you get the chance.

Kari73 - Way to go on the weight loss and inch lost! You are on your way! I would definatly stick with the scale that you use the most. It will probably be more accurate for you.

I am going to the grocery store on Friday to do my first weight in, and to pick up some more Healthy Choice dinners.

I have been sticking to plan REALLY well. I am surprised with myself. I haven't cheated all week, and I feel great! Over the last 5 - 6 months I haven't stuck with ANY plan that I wanted to do. So I am pleased so far.

Water has been fairly good. Today I got in about 74 ounces. I tried sooo hard to get in more, but just couldn't. Yesterday I got in about 84 ounces.

Today for lunch before work, I made one of my Healthy Choice meals, and it was YUCKY. It was grilled chicken breast strips, in some WEIRD sauce, with mashed potatos. The chicken tasted funky, and the sauce didn't do anything for me either. In fact, I could taste it all night at work. (And I brushed my teeth afterwards!) I was forced to buy a pack of mints to get rid of the taste! Blah!

All of the other meals I have eaten so far, have been pretty good. My favorite was the Turkey w/gravy - mixed veggies, stuffing, and pumpkin/raisin dessert. It was closest to the real thing!!! YUM.

As far as exercise goes, I FINALLY got up the courage to do my 2 mile WATP tape! WOO HOO! I kept wanting to stop because I was TIRED, but I pushed, and made it through the whole tape! I can't wait to do it again!

Well - I'm off to bed, just thought I'd check in, see how everyone was, and update on my plan. I hope you all have a great night!

~ Kari ~