Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-05-2004, 11:25 PM   #16  
WW Moderator

Thanks, I'll look there!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:31 PM   #17  
Peace with body and soul

An FYI for you Taebo Fans, some Dollar General stores have the original Live Series Taebo tapes, Basic and or Advanced for a dollar a piece. This is the series that was came from the one new video per month workouts series and are no longer available anywhere. Its a big coup for those of us who missed a few of them initially! I just LOVE them! They're not rehearsed, they have tons of real people in them, and the music ROCKS!

Also, a new Impact duo will be available March 30, 2004, called Taebo Contact. Some places are selling it w/an inflatable kick/punch bag, some are just selling the workouts. Since Impact was my favorite Taebo series, I've been anxiously waiting new bag workouts. I hope these make up for Cardio which I really was disappointed in..Flex is a better workout, the emphasis on balance and strength is excellent! The infomercial set I've not purchased, I imagine I'll trade for them on my video swap sites eventually.
Mindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:07 AM   #18  
WW Moderator

Are the Live Tapes the ones with so many volumes? I saw that on a website not too long ago. They had multiple volume numbers and I didn't know which was which.

I recently bought the Cardio dvd, but I haven't seen it yet. You are the 3rd person I have heard that didn't like it! Are there specific problems with it?
Old 03-25-2004, 07:31 AM   #19  
Peace with body and soul

Yes that's the ones! 1-12, both basic and advanced live.

No, there's no specific problems w/Taebo Cardio, its just not the intensity level we Taebo freaks were hoping for, after waiting so long for new workouts. Billy went w/Goodtimes to produce these new workouts and Goodtimes has a 'rep' in the video world, not a good one, of taking workouts and mucking them up. Lots of oldtime Firm users have the same complaint about the Goodtimes released Firm series now.

But on the other hand, Taebo Cardio does offer a beginner a good solid workout..its just that if you compare a Live Basic workout to Cardio, the sweat level isn't even close. I gave my tape away and I've not bought the new infomerical group yet either. I'm going to wait to trade for them. There a couple of websites I visit where we talk videos and stuff nonstop, trade, review them, etc. Total fanatics. LOL

But I have high hopes for the Contact series.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:18 AM   #20  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

lol, i got the tae bo cardio to replace a lost dubbed tape that a friend gave me that i LOVED. but cardio just has my uncoordinated behind spinning in circles. i am going to keep trying though and see if i can get it down.
blugirrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 12:16 PM   #21  
WW Moderator

Heather, I'm having the same problem. I can keep up with the tape except for the coordination. I have two left feet and when they are saying 6...7...8... I am saying 1....2....2.....2..... I want moderate-intense, with easy choreography! Does that exist?
Old 03-29-2004, 08:43 AM   #22  
Peace with body and soul

haha I have the same trouble and balance was always an issue, still is, which is why I'm working on Flex. Just keep doing it, eventually it gets better, and don't forget to slow it down til you have the move under control and use a chair if you need a little balance help.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:38 AM   #23  

I saw the Contact Series at Wal-mart yesterday, (17.99 for the series DVD) but I was just wondering if anyone knew if the punching bag was necessary to the workout?
RachieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:53 PM   #24  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Jennifer :
I am right with you. super uncoordinated. 2 left feet I have.
Mindi, maybe flex would work better, but i am not fond of cardio. maybe hours on intense tae bo watching while relaxing in bed may help? lol
blugirrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote