3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Leslie Sansone Walk way the pounds 2 mile video?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/36376-leslie-sansone-walk-way-pounds-2-mile-video.html)

Mackenzie04 02-07-2004 04:48 PM

Leslie Sansone Walk way the pounds 2 mile video??

I have been looking at the Leslie Sansone Walk way the pounds 2 mile dvd ...

Anyone have this? have an opinion on this? I am getting away from tae bo (well I stopped a while ago) because my right ankle is really bad..

Is this just like walking 2 miles? and In 35 minutes??

im really needing to lose weight at this point. just dieting isnt gonna cut it.. im looking to do this maybe 5-6 X a week..

FrouFrou 02-07-2004 05:34 PM

Hi Mackenzie~I have the 2 & 4 mile WATP videos, haven't been able to find the 3 mile. I actually haven't used the 4-mile one but the 2-mile I have. I still find it hard to believe that this is like a 2-mile walk because it is quite easy and I LOVE it! It is over so fast that it doesn't really feel like you have walked 2 miles. They do say it is the same as a 2-mile walk though, and in 30 mns. I don't do it everyday but try to do it 2-3 times a week so I don't get bored with the same routine. I mostly walk as my main source of exercise, but also go to the park, weather permitting of course, and walk the mall and I have a treadmill. I also ride a stationary bike 3-5 times a week. I give it 5 stars ***** out of 5. :lol: Good luck. :)

grandma57 02-07-2004 09:05 PM

Hi I have the one mile tape and it kept me going over the winter on the very cold days you are right it dosnt seam that you are walking that far I love it and going to look for the 2 mile one .

grandma57 02-07-2004 09:09 PM

There is a womans day walk and diet it is good too

Formia 02-07-2004 09:32 PM

I have the 1, 2 and 3 mile tapes - I LOVE them. Like Cristi said, it's hard to believe you've done 2 miles afterwards, it's easy and goes by so fast!

grandma57 02-07-2004 09:48 PM

Hi Monika so is the 2 mile tape about the same as the one mile but just a longer

loralee 02-08-2004 07:16 PM

I do the two, three and four mile tapes. I use them only in bad weather or if my husband is out of town and I do not want to leave the kids for an hour walk. I think all the tapes are worth the money. I bought mine at target. The four mile tape cost me 9.99. I bought the other tapes so long ago that I can’t remember there exact price. I love having the tapes on hand. I would recommend investing in at least one tape and seeing if you like it.

grandma57 02-08-2004 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loralee
I do the two, three and four mile tapes. I use them only in bad weather or if my husband is out of town and I do not want to leave the kids for an hour walk. I think all the tapes are worth the money. I bought mine at target. The four mile tape cost me 9.99. I bought the other tapes so long ago that I can’t remember there exact price. I love having the tapes on hand. I would recommend investing in at least one tape and seeing if you like it.

Hi I have the 1 mile tape what I want to know is the 4 mile about the same level of excerise just alittle longer Jean

Formia 02-08-2004 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandma57
Hi Monika so is the 2 mile tape about the same as the one mile but just a longer

About the same... a little bit faster pace at one point, and longer use of the weights. The 2 and 3 mile tapes are more similar to each other, I think.

DonnaD 02-09-2004 07:16 PM

Hi, I also have the dvd's 1,2 & 3mls and I thought they weren't enough of a work out. I haven't done them over the winter. Health problems, head problems, just problems. But I'm starting again. you will definitely feel the difference when you get to the 3ml.
at least I did. Once the nicer weather and early am daylight returns, I'm back outside.

loralee 02-09-2004 09:26 PM

The 4 mile express does not use weights and it makes me sweat just a bit.

Elise 02-10-2004 04:10 PM

Wondering?

I am wondering how much impact "Walk Away the Pounds" has? I had back surgery 2 years ago, have some nerve damage in my leg (Pain & Numbness). I think this is the video for me but would like some opinions. Has anyone had any experience with the "Walk Away the Pounds" video for older people?

Mackenzie04 02-11-2004 05:57 PM

I found the 4 mile on Ebay.. From what Ive seen Ebay has them all.. What kind of weights are we supposed to use with the video?? Im still waiting for my DVD in the mail, it should be here tomorrow so Id like to start it. I just purchased a eliptical (sp)machine too so I plan on using that a lot..

LuckyLadyBug 02-15-2004 09:03 AM

I have the 1, 2,3, & 4 mile tapes. You can make them as intense as you want to depending on your needs and/or wants by exaggerating the movements.

The 4 mile is much faster for a longer period of time but you still do the same movements as with the other tapes.

I found all of them on half.com.

lynnie24 02-22-2004 02:23 PM

I love my 1 and 2 miles DVD. Some days I just do one mile and others I do the 2 miles. But some times If I am really in the mood I do both to get a 3 mile workout.... I love WATP and never thought I would find a exercise DVD I would like but I did.

kari_berry 02-22-2004 04:53 PM

I was curious as to how these videos work? I was interested in buying them, but is it walking in place or something? Sorry if I don't really understand it - but the tapes sound interesting, but I know very little about them.

Thanks in advance :)

~ Kari ~

grandma57 02-22-2004 07:45 PM

4mile walkaway tape

Quote:

Originally Posted by loralee
The 4 mile express does not use weights and it makes me sweat just a bit.

How long is the 4 mile walk away express ?

ras8779 03-02-2004 06:04 PM

Hi the 4 mile Express is 1 hour long. It really flies by so you don't really notice how long it really is. This is one of my favorite workouts. I sometimes do two miles in the morning and the other two when I get home from work. The pace of the music determines the miles so the faster the pace the quicker the miles go by. The music isn't too bad in this one either. It really is worth a try:D!

grandma57 03-05-2004 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ras8779
Hi the 4 mile Express is 1 hour long. It really flies by so you don't really notice how long it really is. This is one of my favorite workouts. I sometimes do two miles in the morning and the other two when I get home from work. The pace of the music determines the miles so the faster the pace the quicker the miles go by. The music isn't too bad in this one either. It really is worth a try:D!

Ok I think I will do the 3 mile next if I do my one mile in the morning then do 3 mile in after noon I will have over one hour that sounds good to me I am 62 years old got to keep going

Trixi 03-07-2004 11:48 AM

I have just started the 2 mile one a week ago and really want to get the 3 mile one now. I love the music and feel great afterward. I find myself wanting to exercise (beleive me thats quite a change) try it and see if it fits you!!

dale

Hey Jude 03-09-2004 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kari_berry
I was curious as to how these videos work? I was interested in buying them, but is it walking in place or something? Sorry if I don't really understand it - but the tapes sound interesting, but I know very little about them.

Thanks in advance :)

~ Kari ~

Kari,
The WATP videos are based on a few basic moves, which Leslie demonstrates at the beginning (walking in one spot, kicks, knee lifts, side steps, etc.) It really isn't just walking. They are a good work out for people just starting to exercise, or a good supplement for regular exercisers. You can use hand weights to intensify the work out.

blugirrl1 03-18-2004 05:23 PM

I love my 1,2 mile ab WATP. I do the 1 mile when i just want an energy boost. 15 minutes and i am done. and i try to do the 2 mile 4-5 days a week. It goes by pretty quick, but i can definately feel the workout.