Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2001, 09:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Sherrie,
I don't know why I never checked out the exercise forum before today. I am also doing the treadmill. My only problem is that I am not losing weight very fast. According to my doctor I am buillding muscle and can only expect to lose 4 lbs. per month. I am an older woman, 66 on April 1st, and have been fighting the battle of the bulge all my life. I still need to lose 50 lbs. I have lost approximately 8 lbs. in 50 days. I have had many different types of exercise equipment, but I agree the Treadmill is one I can really stick with. Because I start work at 6:30 a.m. each morning, I find the best time to use the treadmill is after work. That is the 2nd thing I do when I get home. The 1st is to check the mail. During this 50-day period I have taken off 2 days. I started out very slowly and after two weeks came up with a chart logging several different items each day. I usually walk about 1-1/4 miles in about 24 minutes. Since I have incline capability, I find I burn more calories the higher the incline. I also finally worked up to 3.5 miles per hour speed, but I cannot sustain this speed for more than 3 or 4 minutes. I have searched the web for instructions on how best to use the treadmill, but haven't found any. I sure hope I haven't bored you with these statistics, and I have to acknowledge that each day I get home I always contemplate not exercising. I live in Phoenix and already the temperature is up to 90 degrees. My treadmill is in the middle of our three car garage and I have a 19-inch television and a fan. Hopefully I can get through the summer because we do not have air-conditioning in the garage. Sorry for writing such a long message, but you have been inspirational.
KEEP ON WALKING!
Nita
Closed Thread