Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 02:11 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies,

Noelle, I am sorry ! I forgot to congratulate you on your loss the last time I posted. You are doing great and WTG on your loss! I can't believe I did that.

Faye, thanks for adding Aunt Molly and Margaret to your list. That is such a sweet thing you are doing. And good luck with it tomorrow. WTG on your loss also! You ladies are doing marvelous! Thomas is such a cutie pie! You'll have to post a photo of you with your new do.

I am down 2 pounds this week which is surprising as I don't think I tried as hard as i should have. But 2 pounds is good. I only did a 3/4 mile walk yesterday but did get in a 3 mile walk this morning at the park. It was such a nice day, there was a cool breeze so that made it all the better.

Janine, glad to see ya posting and hear that you are doing good. WTG on parking farther away from the store to get that walking in. It does count and add up. Just running after a 4-year old is exercise in itself! Hope to see more of ya around here.

Jaime, how are you doing today? Probably busy running after your little one. They do keep you busy at that age. What am I talking about they keep you busy and running at any age!

Jenifer, hope you are having a good day.

Well, ladies I am outta here. Talk to ya soon. Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day and weekend!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-26-2003 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:48 AM   #32  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone . Just a quickie post tonight. It's an anniversary of sorts for me. It was one year ago today that I had my "a-ha" moment and started my new WOE. I have successfully kept off 28.6 lbs and have made some great friends and a wonderful network of support--thank you ladies for that.

Cristi, thanks for the kudos on my loss. I'm looking forward to another weigh-in tomorrow morning and hope I've done well . Good job on YOUR 2 lbs, vanished forever! Woo-Hoo!!!

Faye, The Godfather, eh? I'll look for that the next time I'm at Blockbuster video . I don't know if you'll read this before you go, but I'll be thinking of you tomorrow as you do your 5K! Good luck Hey, on your loss too!

Hi Janine, long time no post! You're sure to be burning those calories just chasing after the little ones. Good to have you back.
I hope to see you around here often.

Hi Jaime, happy belated b-day to your son . You had a busy day so it's understandable about not getting to walk. At least you did your Power 90 workout the first day. The first step is the hardest, good job.

Jenifer, hope to see you pop in soon.

Take care ladies, have a great weekend.

Old 10-26-2003, 12:28 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi and thanks for the welcome back! Hi Jaime and welcome to the group! Faye I use to be here and then I was gone for a while, this was back in April! Whoaaa how time flies! I'm glad to see all your smiling faces!
Oh Cristi my pup is doing great she is so big! At her 4 month appointment she was tipping the scale over 40 pounds. She is going to be a very BiG DoG! She is in the crate at night and outside during the day. We let her in sometimes.
Went to the gym Wed, Thursday and Friday had weigh in today and lost 2.2 and after that went to the gym! It's amazing and feels so good when you lose weight how much easier it is to do things. I was walking on the tredmill and decided you know I can jog and tried it! I did it off and on for the 30 minutes! I was happy! I'm on a role!

Take care and I hope you all are having a great weekend! I won't be able to post much but I try!
Old 10-26-2003, 08:46 AM   #34  

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!

I really walked the whole race. This is a BIG accomplishment for me and I was pretty emotional about the whole thing. Here I am crossing the finish line and my daughter just walked in front of me and turned around to give me a hug and dh snapped the pic. I sobbed, I really did. I know people thought I was nuts, but I don't care. No one can know what it is like to be 400+ lbs in Jan and be walking 3.1 miles in a race just several months later and 90 lbs down. Thanks for all your support ladies!

Faye
Old 10-26-2003, 08:48 AM   #35  

Congrats Faye! I am so proud for you!
Old 10-26-2003, 09:24 AM   #36  
Walkn my way to thinville

Faye that is soooo awesome. I can imagine that I will be emotional too once I shed my heavy body for a nice new lean and healthy one. You are a true inspiration to me. Congrats!!!!!

Jenifer- Super job on the 2.2 pounds gone and on the jogging on the treadmil.......that is one of my mini goals to be able to jog on the treadmil or on the trails. Keep up the good work

Have a fab day everyone!!! Its raining and I have no TV to do my WATP today. I can't wait til I can join a gym again. To have more Cardio options. I feel good so I know Im still doing well Have a great day
Old 10-26-2003, 10:28 AM   #37  

Jaime: I lived in Va Beach not once but twice. My husband was career Navy and has since retired from the USN. It is a beautiful city and if it hadn't been for being in the Navy, I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more. The first time we lived there was when Jack and I got married and we lived in an apartment on Spring Lake Crescent and then the second time we lived in Base housing just off General Booth BLVD. Jack was stationed at Oceana and also aboard the USS Kennedy. I worked at Oceana's OB GYN clinic and I also worked at Lynnhaven elementary for awhile. Good luck with your weight loss program! I know you can do it!!! If you haven't done so, check out my website at www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/. It is there specifically to be a place to go to get some inspiration and help to know that YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING!

Faye
Old 10-26-2003, 10:30 AM   #38  
so close, yet so far...

Smile The Super Inspiring Faye!!!

[SIZE=6.5]Congratulations Faye!!! You are awesome!!! [/SIZE]

That is such a great picture, so full of emotion. You're making me teary eyed and dang proud of you! Oh, and LOVE that red hair on you! Matches that fiery personality of yours. You go Faye
Old 10-26-2003, 10:43 AM   #39  
so close, yet so far...

Whew, that was a super inspiring post, thanks for sharing Faye. So much that I'm up and at 'em and raring to go. When the sun comes up and it's safe to go out by myself, I'm going for a walk.

I had my weigh-in yesterday at WW and was down 1.2 lbs . That's a total of 6.4 lbs to date on this program. I am feeling pumped . I took my son Michael to the pumpkin patch yesterday and we roamed through the mud searching for "the" perfect pumpkin. This is only the 2nd year this farm has opened to the public and it's gotten wildly popular. So much so that this year they started charging for parking, and added a whole bunch of jumping balloon inflatables, a petting zoo, pony rides, hayrides and food booths . On the plus side my son got to experience his very first pony ride. He had a blast and it was fun watching. I took a few pics with my disposable camera so when I get them developed I'll scan a few and share.

Jaime, keep those spirits up! It's great for motivating the rest of us.

Jenifer, WTG on those 2.2 lbs!!!

Hi Janine, how's your weekend going?

Hi Cristi!

I gotta get those shoes on and get moving. Have a good one!
Old 10-26-2003, 02:41 PM   #40  

Angry

Great job Faye!

Wow! You did awesome! I'm sure glad I started posting here again!

Noelle great job on you weight loss! Keep it up! I love weight watchers!

I just got back from the gym. An hour workout is what I have been my average. I feel so good!

Talk to you all later!
Old 10-26-2003, 02:52 PM   #41  
Walkn my way to thinville

Good job on the workout jenifer. I miss the gym soooo much....can't wait til my daughters starts Kindergarten so I have a chance to go daily.

Well the rain let up and I decided to brave it and go for my walk...was actually craving the workout (LOVE that) I did two miles.....would have done three but dang rain started and I didnt want to get caught up in a downfall.

Faye: Wow small world.......I was born in Portsmouth Naval....Im a navy brat and was a navy wife for awhile but now I'm divorced. I love virginia beach.

Last edited by NewMeToBe; 10-26-2003 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:26 PM   #42  
One day at a time

I am so impressed with all you ladies at what an awesome job everyone is doing.

Faye, CONGRATULATION'S on a walk well done! You are truly an inpsiration to us all and we are very proud of you! WTG! That is such a GREAT picture, love the red hair!

Jenifer, WTG on your loss! Great job on working out also. I love those dogs but not sure I want a big dog, yes they do get big. But they are so pretty.

Noelle, WTG on your loss also! Sounds like you guys had fun at the pumkin patch. DH and I went to the zoo last week and had a great time. They now have a petting zoo at the zoo and it is such a treat for us to watch the little ones in there with the animals. They love feeding the animals.

Janine, glad to see ya posting.

Jaime, glad the rain let up and you got a walk in.

Not much going on with me today. Went to church today and lunch afterwards. It was nice, of course I was playing with the kids. They were dressed up today & father Mike had them parade around the altar-so cute! This one little boy couldn't have been two, he was so tiny, we were playing peek-a-boo. Okay, so the service was a bit boring. He couldn't be still, neither could I. I was fighting to stay awake. Father Mike had to go somewhere and was there for about 10 minutes and had a visitng Father. Anyway, I am going to try and get in a short walk today sometime, not much else to do.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-26-2003 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-26-2003, 04:37 PM   #43  

Quote:
Hi Janine, how's your weekend going?
Thanks for asking Noelle.
I am busy cleaning out my closet. My closet is about 5½ feet long and jam packed with clothes I no longer wear. It's all to big so I am purging and man do I mean purging! I have a bunch of stuff that I have bought over the past couple months but they have just been folded and laid on my dresser cuz that is full of stuff that is to big also. I also bought a new closet organizer that I want to put in. Maybe I will get it all done by the end of next week. I have 2 huge boxes of clothes to donate to charity and 2 smaller boxes to give to a friend for her daughters. I need to find more bigger boxes. I have some in the attic but they are to small. I could put maybe 5 or 6 things in and the box would be full. Not good for packaging up clothes.
It feels so good to clean that all out. I also found a pair of pants I was wearing when I started my weight loss quest over a year ago. They are a size 18W but tight. They are also stretch jeans so I was probably really a 20W. I tried them on and couldn't believe it. They are so HUGE! I am wearing a size 12 right now! I am debating on keeping them to remember how big I was.
Well, after I am done with my closet it will be time for my dresser. It feels so good to get rid of all those memories cuz they are not good ones for me.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:38 PM   #44  
One day at a time

I was getting ready to log out and saw that Janine had posted and wanted to say Hi.

Wow Janine, what a difference! Those pants look HUGE! I wear some 18 pants, but mostly a 16 and seeing that really makes me feel FAT! I can't believe the difference in a size 12 & 18 WOW, and you look FABULOUS! You have done an awesome job and are an inpiration to me. WTG!

I plan on cleaning my closet next week when I switch over to winter clothes. I know that 80 degree weather we had last week is over for now. I have a bag of clothes sitting in the floor ready to go to the goodwill but I know I will have 2 more bags. Not clothes that are too big, well, some are but clothes I just haven't worn in a few years. No point in keeping them.

Anyway, I could go on and on but I really need to get off this thing. Take care ladies.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-26-2003 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:23 PM   #45  

Hi!
Janine you look awesome! I bet you feel so good! Ya for you! I love seeing before and after pics of people. Thanks for sharing your pics!!! You go girl!
Just thought I'd check in before I go and do my favorite thing......dishes from dinner. ughhh! Talk to you all later!
Closed Thread