Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 90kg

Height: 5'7"

Default Your Shoes: Runner's Knees (at least the name makes it sound like a run a lot)

I started running recently and found out the shoes I have are total poop for running. After my run I get a really sharp pain below the inside of my knee right knee. My doctor says it is runner's knee and that I should get different shoes (my shoes are old and really do need to be replaced). I run about 5 miles and I periodically run on concrete bleachers. I am resting my knee until it feels 100% - right now I feel around 80% so I want to make sure I have the right shoes once I get back to it.

- 5 miles on concrete (i know it is bad ) 4-5 times a week
- Concrete bleachers 1-2 times a week
- I weigh just over 200lbs and
- Overpronate
- Flat-ish feet
- Pound the ground hard when I go down
- Heel striker - I recently found out I am a heel striker (this means that when I run the back of my foot hits the ground which is terrible.... but I'm working on changing this).

The closest running store is really, really far away so I wouldn't be able to get fitted for a few more weeks or maybe even a couple of months.

If any of you could suggest a specific shoe model that would be great. I would want to spend around $110 because I will be buying two pairs to alternate between and would like to stay around $250 for both sets of shoes but of course if there are less expensive ones you love that would be even better.
zz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:06 PM   #2  

I use Vibram fivefinger shoes - but there's a bit of a 'learning curve' with them, and it's best to start with 30-60min walking at a time (not running) to help your ankles and feet develop muscle where its atrophied from using shoes.

For just shoes, I enjoy KEEN, they tend to have a wider toebox, and are built to last. Best of luck, be safe!
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:01 AM   #3  

I think its best suitable to take shoes those are good for trail as well for the injury free like flat feet, shin splint, high arches, achilleas tendonitis, overpronation.

Reason of keeping such shoes will always benefitted you in the long run and kept you safe from pain or injuries. Though one of the leading websites from which I usually do shop is Best Running Accessories. The best part is this website let you see Pros and Cons of each shoe with their attribute rating with genuine review from user side as well as from content poster side
JohnDaly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
knee pain, knees, shoes