Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-13-2016, 12:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 299/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Anyone 250+lbs starting or doing couch to 5k?

Hello!

I did my first day of couch to 5k on Saturday and plan to do it again this evening after work. Has anyone else in my weight range had success with it? I didn't find it too difficult, I just kept pushing through when the minute to run started. The workout on the app itself was 25mins but I did a total of 4km in 49mins with the walking included to get back home etc. I have been walking 4-6km about 4-5 times per week for a month now. I have my doubts that I will be running 5k in eight weeks but at least I am trying
Dragonfly33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Way to go! You are being smart by going gently on yourself but pushing yourself and taking on this challenge!! *high five* I did C25K last summer (starting weight 301) but I primarily ran on the treadmill. It was great for helping me build stamina and learn how to run, but I overdid it when I switched to mostly outdoor runs and injured myself. Now that my ankle/tendon is healed enough I've been trying to summon the courage to start again. You're definitely helping me feel motivated to do that!
neonwildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 299/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Thank you!! I've completed my first week. We'll see how I do this week

Sometimes it's hard to find the courage to start. It took me a long time to get to this point. I just do it now and try not to think about who's around me. I started walking with a group from work as well and I am by far the heaviest. I've had nothing but encouragement and other people telling me I inspire them so that definitely keeps me motivated. I know you can do it!
Dragonfly33 is offline   Reply With Quote