Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-26-2016, 03:27 PM   #1  

Question Anyone with Fitbit experience?

220lb, 5'7", 34.5 BMI

I just recently purchased my Fitbit Charge HR 5 days ago and have kinda been obsessing about fitness and calorie out/in. I'm worried that the calories allowed are too high for my ideal weight loss goal of 2 pounds per week.

While I have just started late last month, my typical day involves 30-40 min of cardio and something like approx. 20 minutes of strength (I go until I'm worn with the muscle groups I'm working on). Today marks the 10th day in a row I have gone to the gym.

Typically, the Fitbit is telling me to consume between 2000 - 2400 calories depending on how the rest of my day way fitness-wise to be 'in-the-zone' (which I'm either over or under almost always)

It's just that I haven't really noticed much weight loss yet (maybe 0.2lb) after exercising for a month and would like to know if I should cut back more (and be more hungry, I'll admit) or if this is somewhat accurate and to keep at it?

Also, according to the Fitbit I spent about 75%-80% of my cardio time in my 'peak' zone, which is kinda a let down since I don't think it's TOO much work. Is it possible to have a naturally higher heart rate or should I go see a doctor/slow down?

Thanks!

Last edited by mcKempt; 02-26-2016 at 03:27 PM.
mcKempt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:12 PM   #2  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Getting your heart rate HIGH is what blasts those calories.
By consuming 2000-2400 calories a day: After a workout, that doesn't leave you with much of a calorie deficit.
Women seeking weight loss should probably consume net (Net: calories consumed after exercise) 1800 calories a day maximum, and 1200 minimum.
If it were me, I would decrease your consumed calories each day to 1500 - 1750. It will speed up your results, and if you eat nutritionally dense foods, you won't be as hungry as you think!

Another tip I have for you.. If you exercise often, I recommend:
Breakfast: Carb, protein, vegetable
Lunch: Carb, protein, vegetable
Snack: Fruit / vegetable / dairy etc
Dinner: Protein and vegetable, NO carb

Also, try not to eat after 6 or 7 pm, and ALWAYS eat breakfast!

Don't get discouraged
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitness, heart rate, weight loss