Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 10:50 PM   #76  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Evening Everyone

Laura I love, love sweets lol. I'm sad that Christmas is over but also relieved so I can get back on track. No more savory pastries for me lol.

Today was a lazy day at home. I only had 7,104 steps. Tomorrow is back to work so I'm sure my steps will pick back up. I have a 3 day work week and then 4 days off

Have a great night everyone and I will check in tomorrow evening with my totals.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:46 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Laura mine does not, but I got my daughter the Charge HR since she spins and runs and would use that feature. Me....not so much

Yesterday's steps were a bust - 3152
Floors - 12

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 12-28-2015 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-28-2015, 03:08 PM   #78  

Afternoon all.

Steps yesterday were only 7,304. We'll see how today goes, now that I'm back to the usual work commute.

Trina - Back to work for you too?

PQ - When do you get back in the classroom? Must be nice to have those winter & spring & summer breaks!

Hi Dee!
Old 12-28-2015, 11:40 PM   #79  
lovemylife001

Good Evening Everyone

We had really bad weather here today. It was a sloppy mess lol, with sleet and freezing rain But I survived.

Steps for today were 8,089, not too bad, but not the greatest. My first day back to work I had 98 emails lol. It took me awhile to get through them all. It was a good day though.

There's still a lot of staff that is out until the beginning of January. I have a short work week this week My last day of work this week is Wednesday and then I have a four day weekend

Well have a great night everyone. I will be back tomorrow!

Last edited by lovemylife001; 12-28-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #80  

Yesterday's steps were 10,712.

Trina, we had the same sloppy weather here ( I'm in Chicago ). Walking in that wet, slushy snow was a workout in itself. Once I got home from work, I didn't want to leave the house, so I skipped my Pilates class.

Hellos to Dee & PrairieQueen.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:08 AM   #81  

Yesterday's steps were 4323 and 20 flights of steps. I logged 2065 ml of water.
I'm still n break and it's still wet here. We are going to a large indoor international food market today, so hopefully that'll help me get more steps in.

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 12-29-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #82  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi you'all
Our prayers were answered & we didn't lose electricity during the night from the 30° icy rain It took Dh a extra 15 minutes driving home from work yesterday. We have 3" of crusty snow & when Dh opened up our front door this morning to walk to the garage, the icy snow on the porch snapped-off the bottom of our storm door It'll dangle until he comes home from work to repair the door. We lost electricity Christmas eve from the 60 mph winds for 11 hours, but our temps were in the 50's keeping my home warm.

Falling Outdoor temps are wrecking my daily step count Christmas= 12,409. Saturday= 8,955. Sunday= 6,362. Monday= 4,211.

Trina, I'm happy that your work day was nice yesterday I hope that the plans for your 4 day vaca are fantastic!!!

PrairieG, Your day at the international food market sounds like a fun shopping adventure lots of yummy tastings. Please tell us the city & name of the place/event, thanks. Your steps will be amazingly higher today

Laura, You deserve a few days to chill out & let your body recover from your busy work days & evening gym work-outs About MeeMee's 4 beautiful boy's, no I didn't take any puppy reservations for this litter in case she only had 2 puppies. I didn't want to disappoint anyone waiting because of the holidays. I'd like to keep one of her boys, but Ron definitely feels that the little boy will teach our 2 girls to pee with their leg up, I said we have a 50% chance he won't but he won't give in... They will be ready for their own families in 4 weeks & will weigh under 15# adults, the reddish-apricot probably under 10# adult with him being the smallest. Sundae's litter has the bigger bone frame of the golden retriever 14#-20# adults we've been told by their families... What kind of boots are you wearing in the slush puddles to walk to the train, are they toasty?

Wishing you each safe traveling & much happiness Dee

Last edited by miniDoodles; 12-29-2015 at 01:01 PM. Reason: oops
Old 12-29-2015, 08:24 PM   #83  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi everyone!

Is there room for one more in this lovely thread? Hubs got me a Charge HR for Christmas, and now that all family gatherings and such are done for the holidays, I'm ready to start using it for real, starting tomorrow. I'm even going to ignore all the snow here and start walking anyway, lol!
Old 12-29-2015, 11:25 PM   #84  
lovemylife001

Good Late Evening Everyone

I'm so glad to see our thread is picking up Em Cocunut we are excited you are here. Only one more day until my 4 days off Today's steps were 8,808 not too bad but could be better.

Laura I don't blame you for skipping the Pilates, I don't like going out in bad weather.

PQ Your water totals are awesome. I need to step it up with my water intake. You have to let us know how the International Food Market was? Sounds fantastic!

Dee My plans for my 4 days off is to relax lol. Christmas really did me in even though I was off. I was consistently busy.

Have a great night everyone. I will see you tomorrow

Last edited by lovemylife001; 12-29-2015 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:14 AM   #85  

Yesterday's totals
Water - 1500 ml, we were out all day and I forgot to bring extra water w/me. I did buy one at the food market and drink some tap at DD house.
Stairs - same here, only got six flights in
Steps - a little better than average for a day off work at 6748

Int'l market was great. I got some authentic sweet chili sauce and egg roll wrappers, British shepherds pie seasoning and lemon sherbet candies (yum), naan bread and loads of Indian spice/curry packets that I haven't tried before. Hubs was like a pig in .....He was mainly focused on British aisle so he got Horlicks beverage mix (gag), orange marmalade, candy bars and cookie (biscuits), back bacon, meat pies, bangers, Yorkshire puddings, piccalilli, and a few more things. I do not like the majority of it but it was my Christmas present to him to let him get whatever he wanted from there. It ended up only being a 45 min drive so we will definitely be going more often.

I prob will not get 10,000 steps in until Monday when I go back to work, but I'll try.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #86  

Morning all. Steps yesterday were 9,989. Oh so close. If I’d known, I’d have marched in place to hit 10,000 for the day.

Welcome Em Coconut! I have a Fitbit Flex.

PrairieQueen – That food market sounds like it was a lot of fun. What a great gift for your husband! Enjoy what’s left of your break. Good job on the water!

Dee – Glad you didn’t lose power! Yeh, we now have an icy crust on the ground – but I must say it’s easier to walk on top of that than through the heavy wet slushy snow! Re exercise – I’m not doing much exercise at all lately so it’s good that I’m at least getting my walking in during my work commutes.---Do you advertise to sell your pups, or do you have a waiting list? ---Re my winter boots, I now have two pair. one is a pair of lace-up hiking-type snow boots from Land’s End. They are warm, and are usually leakproof, but I guess just for snow and not for wading through deep puddles like I did on Monday. My other pair is a pair of tall Totes snow boots, with a zipper. I just bought them before winter started, so I’ve only worn them once or twice. So far, so good.

Trina – Nice you’ll just chill out this weekend. I just realized last night that my bf and I have a party on Saturday as well as a family holiday gathering on Sunday. Sigh. I'd like to take Monday off work, but I just know (based on past experience) that if I do that I won't want to go to my Monday night Pilates class.

Okay, better get this posted and back to work.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:34 PM   #87  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Hello everyone!
I would also like to join, if that is OK.
I have a fitbit Charge HR and am pushing for 10,000 steps per day.
Will log my steps starting tomorrow.
Good luck everyone!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 12-30-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:49 PM   #88  
lovemylife001

Good Late Evening Everyone

What a busy day at work for me today. I'm off for the next 4 days I plan on doing absolutely nothing lol. Steps for today were 9,772

futurehealthyme We are so excited that you have decided to join us.

Laura I don't blame you for not wanting to take Monday off. When I'm off it makes me somewhat lazy and not wanting to leave the house, especially during the winter months. Have fun at your gatherings this weekend.

PQ That market sounds so fabulous. Oh how I wish I didn't love food so much lol

Dee& Em Coconut

I'm getting ready for bed. I will be back tomorrow. Have a great night everyone.

Last edited by lovemylife001; 12-30-2015 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:59 AM   #89  

Morning all.

Yesterday's steps were 7,440. Meh. I got a ride home from the train station last night, and I took my fitbit off to charge it when I got home (and while not wearing it, I did a workout dvd down in the basement).

Welcome futurehealthyme!

Trina - Enjoy your relaxing 4-day weekend!

Hellos to Dee and PQ.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!!
Old 01-01-2016, 03:01 PM   #90  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

I only have a minute to check in, family is here today. I'm happy to say that my steps on New Year's Eve are 9,268

That's my 2nd best day since Christmas day with 12,409 when I took a after dinner walk with my DIL & our temp was 58°.

Best Wishes to everybody for 2016, I hope that all your wishes become Your Reality......
because We share a Common GoaL for a Slimmer, Stronger & Healthier body

Dee
Closed Thread