3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Walk Away the Pounds Tapes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/30630-walk-away-pounds-tapes.html)

Reesa23 08-14-2003 04:54 PM

Walk Away the Pounds Tapes

Anyone else using the walk away the pounds tapes by Lisa Sandstone? This is Day#5 for exercize for me and the fifth day I've done the 1 mile tape. I'm 260 pounds so this is a whole new process for me. I figure after 7 days I'll switch to the 2 mile tape and do that for 7 days straight then switch to the 3 mile tape. Someone else somewhere on the board says theirs a 4 mile express tape. Anyone using these tapes as their sole form of exercize? Please let me know your experiences with them.

beledigirl 08-14-2003 06:34 PM

Hi! I have a 2 mile tape and just bought the 4 mile express. Haven't done it yet, only watched it as I am doing the Fat Burning for Dummies tape. I think I will like the 4 mile tape.

Good luck with your exercise program!

cacikat 08-16-2003 07:16 AM

Hi, I have been using these tapes for about 7 days and alternate between the 2 mile tape and the 3 mile tape. When I do my strength exercises, I use the 2 mile tape. I also have the 4 mile tape, but figure until I can do the 3 mile comfortably, I will wait to start the 4. (I am still out of breath after I finish the 3 mile). I really enjoy these tapes. I was walking 4 miles a day outside around a track, but with the heat and humidity here in GA. I found that maintaining any speed was almost impossible. I see she also has a tape for the Abs, but after reading about them on Amazon, decided not to purchase them. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Do you use the weight also, they really seem to help. Caci

NicoleNYC 08-18-2003 08:41 AM

I LOVE Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds tapes! I actually enjoy the tapes and look forward to them. I haven't progressed to the four mile (I have the one, two, and three with the weighted balls) yet, but I'm working on it.

I'm SUCH a fan!

bandit2 08-26-2003 04:28 PM

Hi - I was doing the 2 mile for awhile & really enjoyed it.
Have to start again - they are really convenient, doesn't matter about the weather and having someone to walk with.

Think I will start again - I really felt so much better.

alteaon 08-27-2003 12:20 PM

hello.

I've been doing the walk away the pounds tapes for awhile now...They do seem to work. I have the 4 mile express and the set of ab tapes. The ab tapes come with a belt with cords on it. I like that because it gives resistance to your abs, arms, shoulders, chest, and ads to the work out. I also incorporate the belt in to the 4 mile video to vary it a bit. I've been slacking off, but when I did them on a 4- 5 times a week regimen, I felt a lot leaner and could tell the difference in how I felt. I did lose weight, but there were many other factors involved. I also like the fact that the people in the video are all different types, so it's easier to relate to. Leslie stresses the health aspects of moving more than only weight loss, which I am happy about.

becjo 09-09-2003 07:55 AM

I have her 2 and 3 mile tapes and love them. I have been doing aerobics for years so I use them for a "lighter" work out but they do get my heart pumping. I think Leslie is just so encouraging. I also have 2 of her videos for body sculpting - one is called "Walk the Walk" and I'm not sure what the other is but it involves weight lifting with light weights and lunges, crunches, that sort of stuff. If you like her, you'd like these videos too. Good luck!

FrouFrou 09-09-2003 03:04 PM

I have the 2 mile WATP video and am getting ready to buy the 3 Mile and another, can't remember the name. I enjoy the 2 mile tape and do it every other day (3 days a week) along with a bike ride and walk either outdoors or on the treadmill 3 days a week because I feel the tape is not enough for me.

dinki 09-27-2003 08:08 PM

I love the walk away the pounds videos. I have the one for the abs. with the resistance cords and feel like I get a good workout.
I did not know there was a 4 mi video. I think anyone would benefit.

Deddie 09-30-2003 05:26 AM

I've been using the walk away the pounds tapes for a while now. I have 1 2 and 3 mile original WATP and 1 2 3 mile WATP for Abs plus a 4 mile weightloss walk.
before these tapes I HATED to exercise at all but I really enjoy doing this walks. I use the 2 mile mostly and alternate with tapes by Susan Powter