Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-21-2015, 05:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Need to buy new running shoes.....

I am in serious need of some new shoes. My shoes are about 2 years old. I know, I know, waaay past due for new shoes. I'm just having a really tough time picking out some good shoes because there are so many out there. My last shoes were reebok and I loved them. Mainly because they had an arch strap on them which really helped the bone I broke on the outside of my foot a couple of years ago.

So I need a running shoe with great arch support and that is comfortable. Any suggestions?
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:40 PM   #2  

Best advice I received is to buy your shoes from a running specialty store. They should check out your arches, measure your foot, watch you walk, then watch you run. They'll be able to recommend a few brands and then you can try them on and jog around the store a bit to see how they feel. I did this, got a great pair of shoes I love, and found afterwards when I searched online that it didn't cost me any more than buying those shoes anywhere else!

People can recommend brands but the perfect shoe for one person may not be the perfect shoe for you!
Chubabub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

My go-to shoe for foot or knee problems is Hoka One One.

Try them on.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I too strongly suggest you visit a running store. The world of running sneakers can be confusing and I hate to admit it but left to my own devices I end up picking something I think looks cute instead of being the right shoe.

At the running store they videotaped me running and showed it to me in slow motion. By seeing exactly how my foot hit the ground they were able to narrow my choices down to a few shoes and long story short I've been wearing Brooks ever since.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:37 AM   #5  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

If you can't get to a running store, there are online calculators to help you figure out what kind of shoes you should be wearing. Here is one example: http://www.runnersworld.com/shoeadvisor

I ordered my shoes from Road Runner Sports and bought the $1.99 VIP membership (just be sure to cancel before it auto renews for $25!). Using that I got free shipping and a 90 day trial period on my shoes with as many exchanges as I needed until I found the right pair.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote