Just joined a gym (again)

• Hello to all. I haven't been on this board for a bit, just like I haven't thought about doing anything about my weight for a bit. Well I got sick of it and decided to do something about it. So 2 weeks ago I joined a gym again. Boy was the first workout hard. I really realized how utterly out of shape I am. and since I'm now 5 years older than when i went before, it's even harder this time. But I have to make the committment. Tired of having to shop in the larger size departments! I know it's the beginning of a new way of life. That's the only way to think about it I guess. I also now have knees that are not great so I have to be careful when I'm there and use the right equipment. Surprisingly, the treadmill is the most difficult thing for me to use, and I love the cross trainer (and boy can I feel it!) Also the weird thing is that I dont feel intimidated while working out, but in the locker room! Luckily mine has a couple of private dressing rooms so I try to get those when I can. But already I've seem an improvement in my endurance so I guess it's already paying of. Well, wish me luck that I stick to it and good luck to all of you out there.