3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Shaun T's FOCUS T25 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/301128-shaun-ts-focus-t25.html)

taben07 12-22-2014 12:41 PM

Shaun T's FOCUS T25

Hey all...well, thinking about buying the T-25. I tried Insanity before and sold it. Got tired of the constant repetition and also the hour long workouts and my jeans getting very tight and I am not using weights, just my own body weight! :( I must say, it was more intense than JM overall in my opinion and I do have a few workouts of hers as well for variety's sake. Never had done a workout like Insanity, that's for sure. I want to lose about 10 pounds (ish) and keep it off for good.

SO...........to get down to it. Your thoughts, good and bad, what are your results, experiences. Do you really need to buy the GAMMA too? Shouldn't Alpha be enough to kill ya? LOL

Just want to make a good decision spending this kind of $$ again and be able to stick with it for once. ;) I get bored very easily.

Thanks all and Merry Christmas!

Jenny_G 12-23-2014 01:46 PM

I know what you mean when you say the the hour long workouts were tough on time and to do. I liked T25 so much better. The workouts are shorter and seem to fly by. I'm not sure what you mean by asking if you need the Gamma. I think you are asking do you need the Beta Cycle then yes you need it. It increases the intensity of the exercises and really pushes you forward and helps tone and get you in shape. I lost 5 pounds when I did it and have kept if off since. I still use some of the nutrition plan to help me continue to eat healthy. Shaun T has created a bunch of programs and if one doesn't work for you it's worth a shot taking a look another. I hope this helps and Merry Christmas.

missmurphtang 01-09-2015 03:12 AM

I'm in the middle of T25 at the moment (alpha phase) and I can tell you even the first week has done something to me. I don't weigh myself, but I feel so much better, bit less jiggly and have a lot more energy. I find the workouts super hard, but then I am super unfit soooo...might be easier for you haha.

JudgeDread 01-09-2015 10:17 AM

I barely started it, which I am not following the program but I use the exercise videos for my time crunched days. It WILL smoke you, but it is quick, which is awesome. He does repeat a little, but nothing like Insanity. It is definitely a no joke workout, constant, no breaks (unless you pause)...so good calorie burner!

taben07 01-14-2015 01:30 PM

I noticed I am a bit less jiggly as well in my lower half...feel strong in my legs. But dang it, those tight jeans. LOL Will keep at it.

CakeBatter 01-17-2015 10:33 PM

I officially completed Focus T25 on Friday...I enjoyed the 25 minute workouts but I LOVED BETA more than alpha! I am posting my before and afters to my group tomorrow...I can post them here if you want. I did go a total of 12 weeks instead of 10 because I did it through the holidays and I missed a few workouts so I stretched it out to get the COMPLETE program finished. Overall I gained alot of strength (coming off an injury) and my endurance was great...enough to get back to running today without much pain LOL I hope that helps.

missm1 01-21-2015 08:20 AM

hi im new to the forum. I started t25 yesterday. Is 25 mins a day enough exercise to lose weight or did anyone do more along with it?

missmurphtang 01-23-2015 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missm1 (Post 5120930)
hi im new to the forum. I started t25 yesterday. Is 25 mins a day enough exercise to lose weight or did anyone do more along with it?

It depends on how much activity you were doing before. I've gone from eating whatever I want and sitting on my butt all day (work an office job) to eating healthily and mindfully (I think before I eat and count calories) and doing T25. I don't know if I've lost weight (weighing myself is a huge trigger for me and sends me into a spiral so...I dont do it) but my jeans have got looser, my shorts I've had since high-school are super baggy on me (they fall down) and my legs and bum are noticeably less jiggly. So, for me, it's working!

missm1 01-23-2015 02:40 PM

OK thanks. I previously tried insanity but found it too repetitive. I done Leslie sansone along with t25 today so hopefully that will work. :carrot: