3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Commit to be Fit -- 30 Day September Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/298682-commit-fit-30-day-september-challenge.html)

xRiotGirl 08-19-2014 11:18 AM

Commit to be Fit -- 30 Day September Challenge!

:barbell::barbell::barbell::barbell::ebike:Commit to be Fit, 30 Day September Challenge:ebike::barbell::barbell::barbell::barbell:

It's really simple.
You pick a fitness program, any program you would like.
You stick to it for 30 days (the month of September).
You use us to remain accountable.

This is less of a challenge against others, and more a challenge within yourself. It's about saying that you commit to be fit this month, no matter what comes your way! Prove yourself, surprise yourself. It's only 30 days. ;)

I will create a roster in this thread: Your username, your program, days committed. At the end of the 30 days we can celebrate all the hard work given towards our goals for the month, completed programs and uncompleted alike. Because one active day is better than zero active days, right?

Join me! Let's have some fun! :D Challenge kicks off on Monday September 1st, so submit your entries now!

These Chicks Commit to be Fit:
  1. xRiotGirl -- ChaLEAN Extreme -- 18
  2. Miaka -- Zombies 5K/daily exercise/diet photo-log -- 00
  3. fool4fotos -- Weighted walks/food log -- 05
  4. atmos -- Dance/strength/5k -- 02
  5. toastedsmoke -- ChaLEAN Extreme, running -- 12
  6. foe3643 -- Gym 6 days/40 oz H2O -- 00
  7. opheliag -- Daily 30 min walk/strengh train 3 days -- 04
  8. nishita -- Walk 45 minutes 4 days/strength 2 days/uphill walk 2 days -- 13
  9. bepretty-- Walk 1 hour every day/pilates 3 days -- 20
  10. Aunty Jam-- 72oz H2O daily/work out 3 days -- 10
  11. Steelslady-- Water aerobics/recumbent bike/walking/gym 2 days -- 10
  12. jasmtnljj-- Various daily activities -- 01

Miaka 08-19-2014 05:05 PM

Great idea! Sign me up!

I commit to
  1. finish Zombies, Run! 5K training program where I run every other day
  2. do exercise every day, mostly cardio or yoga
  3. photo log everything I eat and drink

xRiotGirl 08-20-2014 12:13 AM

Yay! Thanks for joining. :D

fool4fotos 08-20-2014 11:49 AM

I Commit To Be Fit for September.

1. will incline walk at least 20 min everyday
2. include 5 lb hand weight exercises while walking
3. daily food log on my Daily Accountability forum

Thanks for the invite :drill: lol. This type of effort is what keeps me focused :)

atmos 08-20-2014 12:04 PM

This is just what I need!

My goal is to stick to the following program. Mostly I want to stick to my dance classes through the month! A few of the days will be replaced with dance events during the month as well.

I guess we can call this my dance/strength/5k program.

Monday - Dance class
Tuesday - Dance class
Wednesday - Morning run, dance class
Thursday - Rest
Friday - Weightlifting and running
Saturday - Free exercise...biking, hiking, etc. and/or dance practice
Sunday - Weightlifting and running

xRiotGirl 08-21-2014 12:37 AM

Hi guys! :wave: Welcome, and glad to have ya. :D

toastedsmoke 08-27-2014 07:58 PM

Count me in! I'll be doing Chalene Extreme with some running thrown in.

September Updated Goal Workout Minutes: 550 minutes
September Total Workout Minutes: 185 minutes
1:
2: Warm Up: 5 mins, Turbo Jam: 20 mins- 25 minutes
3: Running: 30mins, Elliptical: 15mins, Spinning: 10mins, Rowing: 5mins- 60 minutes
4:
5: Tae Bo Workout DVD: 50 mins- 50 minutes
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17: 10-minute Solutions Dance DVD- 50 mins
18:
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
30:

xRiotGirl 08-30-2014 09:10 PM

Woo! Solid 5 participants :D Have you guys made any sort of schedule for your workouts or do you plan to take it day by day?

I've been taking it day by day myself, but I feel like challenging myself this month. I don't usually make a schedule and STICK to it, so for September I have a dry erase calendar that I will be writing my workouts out on (probably at the beginning of each week, as soon as I know what my work schedule is!) Hopefully I will find this simpler to stick to.

foe3643 08-31-2014 06:44 AM

My goal is to get started. I feel like I'm 10 months pregnant and my last baby was born 19 1/2 years ago. I can't do this anymore....

I Commit To Be Fit for September.

1. I will go to LA Fitness six days a week for the 30 days
2. I will drink 20 ounces of water twice a day
3. I will exercise regardless if others join me or not

I will do this for me!!!

opheliag 08-31-2014 07:46 AM

I commit to be fit in September. My goal is to walk every day for 30 minutes and do some strength training 3x per week.

xRiotGirl 08-31-2014 09:38 PM

YUSSSS 2 more! Welcome guys!

We kick off tomorrow. Who's ready?!

fool4fotos 09-01-2014 01:52 PM

I'm Ready!!!!

Hey everyone and good morning!! I've finished my incline time with my weights for today and will log my meals this evening on my daily accountability thread. Really disappointed in myself as of late, but have been looking forward to this day and beginning the challenge :carrot:

I'm up 2 lbs from my last weigh in (I weigh every 2 weeks on Mons), but know exactly what happened and am back on track, so its onward and upward from here :D

Good luck everyone!! Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress throughout the month :)

bepretty 09-01-2014 02:09 PM

I'll join in! :)

I commit to:
1. Walk for 1 hour every day.
2. Do pilates 3 times a week.

opheliag 09-01-2014 10:40 PM

I finally was able to walk. It's been insanely hot, and I've had a bit of an upset stomach all day. The sun finally went down and brought some cooler temps, so I got a 30 minute walk done. :)

xRiotGirl 09-01-2014 11:46 PM

I'm liking this intensity right out the gate. You guys are awesome! :D
Thanks for joining bepretty. :)

fool4fotos - I'm glad to hear that this challenge will give you the push you need. We all have our pitfalls, it's how we respond and bounce back that matters. You're doing the right thing. :)

opheliag - This weathers been killing me too. I'm SO ready for autumn, I kind of refuse to go for runs in this sticky hot weather, hehe. I miss my runs. :( Sorry about your stomach -- but hope the walk helped work some of it out!

I am about to break into my very first ChaLEAN exercise. The whole first 5 months or so of this journey I've had such a heavy focus on cardio, not for any specific reason but just because I knew I could do cardio and that it would give me results. But I'm ready to get fit now, I want to be strong. I'm excited to jump into strength training! Wish me luck, so that my arms don't break off! :p