3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Do you like working out in the morning or afternoon? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/296894-do-you-like-working-out-morning-afternoon.html)

cheddahcat 08-13-2014 04:59 PM

Hi. I prefer afternoon after work. I've tried morning runs and I seem to struggle in am and not in pm. I don't know why. However, I am a morning person and up early every day but still prefer after work exercise

Stefania 08-18-2014 01:55 PM

I prefer evenings or nights. I have more energy after a day of meals, and it's so much cooler than facing the morning or afternoon heat.

Obsidianbbw 08-20-2014 01:16 PM

If I'm workout out at home..mornings to get it done and out of the way..if its the gym, then after work evenings so I can go home and collapse after.

lin43 08-23-2014 08:11 PM

I get up at 4:15 a.m., take my two dogs for a short (10-minute) walk (they're old), make a quick, to-go cup of coffee, and am at the gym for a 5 a.m. crossfit class (luckily, I live 5 minutes from the gym).

I have always been a morning person. I love getting my exercise done for the day. Also, there is very little chance that anything will interfere with my exercise time at that time of day, whereas the same isn't true for later in the day. Finally, I like the peace and quiet at that time of the morning. It's so calm and quiet, and it's a good way to start the day.

exercisework 08-23-2014 08:30 PM

Absolutely in the morning!!! Start your day nice and fresh!!!!!!

xfitgirl429 08-23-2014 09:34 PM

if i don't make the 9am class, it's not happening at all.

memememe76 08-26-2014 10:46 PM

During the week, I workout on my lunch break (the benefit of working close to my gym), which I *LOVE*. I can still sleep in the morning and I can do other things in the evening. Before these lunchbreak workouts, I would normally workout after work.

On the weekends or during a holiday, I usually workout in the mornings. My workouts are usually longer and if I am doing a long run, I prefer to do it before it gets too hot. The evenings, I usually have plans.

Aunty Jam 08-29-2014 02:43 PM

I'm an evening person :( I would love to work out in the mornings as my evenings can fill up which makes it easy to make excuses, but I am just not a morning person. I've tried working out in the morning and when I made it I loved it... I found I had a ton of energy for the rest of the day and I loved it that I could start my dogs day with a good run (although it made my young guy hyper and he ran up and down the hall and woke everyone up... oops! LoL). Those two can run a lot more than I can!

curvynotlumpy 08-29-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aunty Jam (Post 5062334)
I'm an evening person :( I would love to work out in the mornings as my evenings can fill up which makes it easy to make excuses, but I am just not a morning person. I've tried working out in the morning and when I made it I loved it... I found I had a ton of energy for the rest of the day...

^^^^This! This is my experience as well, Aunty Jam! You'd think all the energy and good feelings I experienced with morning workouts would inspire me to keep going and become routine. Nope. I'm hit and miss with a.m. workouts; I'm able to do it for a good stretch and then the excuses come :o I'm also terrible at putting myself to bed at a decent time in order to get up earlier.

Terra1984 08-31-2014 07:38 PM

I do both

preetyladyserenity 09-08-2014 01:05 AM

I work out after I finish work which is 7:30 at night. I am not a morning person so you won't see me waking up to go to the gym. And on the plus note by 7:45 the gym is nearly empty.

NewNicole 09-09-2014 06:44 AM

I work out in the mornings. I am NOT a morning person, but I feel much more energized during the day if I workout in the morning. Also, I need a routine and my days don't always go according to plan, therefor afternoons or evenings don't work for me.

Velvet bean 10-18-2014 05:58 PM

I'm really not a morning person. My favorite time to start is one hour before it gets dark.