Water-Skiing!

• Hey everyone!

At the end of July, I'll be take a two week long drive to the coast of BC and back with my BF, and spending a long weekend on an island. I am anticipating much boating, tubing and water-ski type activities and I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on exercises I could do to give me the best chance of being able to get up and stay up for a bit!

Thanks!
  • I can't give you advice about exercises for the best change of being able to get up and stay up (i'm assuming for the water ski type activities). But I just want to say--oh what fun! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
  • Quote: Hey everyone!

At the end of July, I'll be take a two week long drive to the coast of BC and back with my BF, and spending a long weekend on an island. I am anticipating much boating, tubing and water-ski type activities and I'm just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on exercises I could do to give me the best chance of being able to get up and stay up for a bit!

Thanks!
    Crunches for your stomach, you'll be using a lot of core strength in water skiing, your quads will get a workout too, so try to work those also, work out your arms, they can get tired, and as far as staying up,,,well that's completely up to your skill level.
  • If i remember correctly, the few times I did water ski, I used my quads a lot... So, squats, lunges, any and all variations would be good... wall sits in particular would be great...
  • Definitely quads and arms, when you're water skiing remember to let the boat pull you up, it's natural to try and pull yourself out of the water with your arms, but that'll throw you off balance once you're out of the water and you won't stay up.

Loads of fun! Enjoy
  • Keep your knees bent and if you face-plant in the water don't inhale.

Have fun!
  • All excellent advice! Thanks much!

I haven't even attempted this since I was a kid, so I'm looking forward to giving it a go!