3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Don't MARCH - RUN!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/293352-dont-march-run.html)

CherryPie99 03-01-2014 09:19 AM

Don't MARCH - RUN!!!

Can't believe we neglected having a running thread last month! I did most of my miles on the dreadmill and ended up running about 143 miles.

I am hoping March will bring in nicer weather, FINALLY.

I am scheduled to run my first race of the year on March 15th - it is called the Shamrock run and is a short 5 miler!

Happy running everyone!!

Jen

CherryPie99 03-10-2014 11:57 AM

Anyone else out there putting in the miles?

12 on the treadmill yesterday - this girl is sick of the treadmill fershure!!

Mrs Snark 03-10-2014 12:06 PM

Yes, I'm putting in my miles. but not the kind of miles you put in, girl, you're a beast! Twelve miles on the treadmill is rough, hats off to you for your commitment, very inspirational!

I'm just jukin' along as usual, limiting myself to 5k on the treadmill, and doing more biking right now due to back problem flare-up.

But I still love running the bestest. :)

CherryPie99 03-11-2014 03:36 PM

Oh, I hope your back problem clears up!!

I was happy to get 7 miles in OUTSIDE today - the snow is melting and so I got soaking wet and muddy, but the sun and fresh air was so worth it!

I am excited for the Shamrock Run on Saturday. This is my first time running it and I checked the results from the last 2 years and based on that I have a good chance to get a medal in my age group - fingers crossed!

Mrs Snark 03-11-2014 09:35 PM

Ooooo hardware! So exciting! Good luck, wishing you a speedy race!

BigChiefHoho 03-12-2014 01:06 PM

Well, I don't know that I'd call myself a runner just yet, since I'm only on my second week of C25K, but I did just sign myself up for my first race ever! A local wetlands preserve has a 'Swamp Stomp 5k' every spring, and I've been wanting to participate for ages, so this year I'm going to. It's at the end of April - hopefully I'm ready. Any words of wisdom for a complete newb's first race? (other than 'keep running' I mean, haha!)

Good luck in your race Saturday, CherryPie - hope you bring home the goods!

CherryPie99 03-12-2014 01:46 PM

Welcome Hoho!

The biggest piece of advice I can give is run your own race!!

With all the excitement and other runners there is a tendency to get excited and run WAY faster then you are used to and then you will burn out!

Jen

CherryPie99 03-18-2014 01:50 PM

I know that it's bad form to brag, but I can't help myself!!

I've been stuck inside all winter on the treadmill and I run really slow on the treadmill - it feels like I'm sprinting when I'm not going that fast. So I've been worried that I would be slow outside.

I was able to get outside today - 34 degrees but sunny and no wind for once. I ran my regular 7 mile route AND ...... Ran my fatest mile ever - 7:17!!!!

7 miles in 53:02! Not too shabby!

Mrs Snark 03-27-2014 10:44 AM

Wow, was an awesome pace! Congratulations!!! :carrot: