Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #316  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Just restarted, I completed it last year and felt the urge to try it again, I have started outside, trail running,when it gets to dark/cold I'll go back to the treadmill at the gym.

W1D2 completed plan on D3 tomorrow

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #317  

Height: 5'4"

Just finished W4D1!

This is the farthest I've gone in this program. It was a bit of struggle to finish today, but I've mostly been doing really well thus far.

Hope you're sticking with it too kelijpa!
TrayTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #318  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

WTG Trayteam!

Did w2d1 yesterday, feel like I'm off to a good start, thought I could jump ahead, but glad I decided to restart from the beginning

Last edited by kelijpa; 08-19-2014 at 04:48 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #319  

Glad to hear it kelijpa!

I do W4D2 tomorrow, and I'm trying to psych myself up already. One thing to do it is that I officially signed up for a 5k race that will be in a month. Even if I have to walk a few parts I won't be crushed, but it is great motivation to continue on.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #320  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrayTeam View Post
Glad to hear it kelijpa!

I do W4D2 tomorrow, and I'm trying to psych myself up already. One thing to do it is that I officially signed up for a 5k race that will be in a month. Even if I have to walk a few parts I won't be crushed, but it is great motivation to continue on.
TrayTeam, I am in the same boat as you are. I just finished Week 4 and I signed up for a race on September 28th. My ankles hurt and I hope I can finish the 5K training by the race!
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:02 PM   #321  

Miaka, much luck to you. I hope your ankles heal. Think it's your shoes?

I tried W4D2 today and had to stop and walk halfway through due to asthma issues. I think I'm going to try again tomorrow but have some coffee before I start. That typically does the trick.

May we both get to our 5Ks in one piece!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #322  
repeat offender

TrayTeam,

Sorry to hear that workout got interrupted. I think the main thing is to continue and not give up. I skipped my morning jog because of my ankles. I think it's just sore from over use. I am getting a little impatient with my body. Hope we both make it in the race. My only goal is to run the entire race and not walk.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #323  

Height: 5'5"

I wanted to look for a place to post my C25K results. Hope it's okay to do it on this thread, Miaka and TrayTeam. Looks like you and I are at about the same place, TrayTeam.

I did Week 5, Day 1 today. I struggled with Week 4, but then noticed that it was largely because I wanted to "push" everything just a little. So, when I would get to the end of the first running interval, I would increase my speed for the last minute or so if I wasn't feeling fatigued. I didn't actually finish Week 4, Day 1, then took an extra walking pause in the middle of my last running stretch for Week 4, Day 2. But then, with Week 4, Day 3, I focused on pacing myself better, and finished without a struggle.

I really want to do a 5K on September 20, so I didn't want to start Week 4 over. I did Week 5, Day 1 this afternoon, and concentrated on running at a slow pace (4.4 mph) the whole time, though I maintained a fairly brisk walking pace (3.7 mph). I did all three 5-minute runs without too much difficulty, though the third was starting to get tough. Then, I did a bonus 2.5 minute run at the end, after walking for about two minutes.

My goal is also just to run the whole race, even if it's a "barely running" pace. When are you two planning on doing the 5K?
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #324  

I've got the same goal as you, barely running pace all the way. At least for this first one.

Mine is scheduled for September 21st. Just under a month away.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #325  

Ooh TrayTeam. We have almost the same date! Very exciting.

Week 5, Day 2. I did the initial 8-minute jog at 4.2 mph. Wasn't feeling very fatigued, so only walked for 1.5 minutes. Did a 10-minute jog at the end instead of the 8 minutes. I then walked for a bit, did a 30-second run at 7.3 mph, then walked for a while, then a 1-minute run at 5.3 mph.

We'll see if I can make the Week 5, Day 3, which is jogging for TWENTY minutes. That seems beyond crazy to me. We'll see what happens on Tuesday. =)

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 08-24-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #326  

I'm stuck on W4D2. I'm fine after the first segment, but a minute into the second I start wheezing.

I'm thinking maybe just try a longer walking segment between the two? I hope that can help. I've already signed up for the 5K and I have every intention of doing it. I just hope to not have to walk a majority of it.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #327  

Week 5, Day 3. I have asthma, but it's pretty mild. Nonetheless, I get a little panicked when I struggle for breath. Which is why I took a 10-second breathing break (doubled over trying to breathe until it finally felt like I got some air into my lungs). Nevertheless, I am still totally counting it as finished! I ran 20 minutes straight (with the 10-second breathing break at about 15 minutes, but I ran 30 extra seconds at the end to compensate)! I ran the first 15 minutes at 4.3, and the last 5 at 4.1. Only traveled a little more than a miles and a half, but that's still running, right? I then finished out the two miles walking, with a one-minute run at 5.8 mph.

TrayTeam - A longer walking segment seems like a good plan. Let me know how it goes. And I have to admit that I never even thought of walking part of it as an option. =) Not sure if that's good or bad. I have been holding off on signing up for mine, but I think I will just do it. I can always walk part of it if I'm not ready to run it all, right?
Old 08-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #328  

Yeah Laurie, go for it! It is helpful in motivation for me to keep at the program, even when I have off days. I have a date that I've dedicated to showing up and jogging a 5K, and I'll do what I can to make that happen.

I'll let you know how my walking plan goes.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:13 PM   #329  

Don't really understand why, after a 20-minute run on Tuesday, I was back to doing intervals of 5/8/5 today. So, I decided to try to push myself with speed a little bit. The first interval I did at 4.8, the second at 4.4, with the last at 4.2. I then did a few "bonus" minutes. 1 at 5.8, 1 at 5.2, and 1 at 4.8.

Really had trouble with breathing today, for some reason. I found myself regularly doubled over while I ran from the first minute trying to suck in a breath. And I had my inhaler, and used it. Who knows?

I went almost 3 miles today, though, with the run/walk intervals. Now at my stand-up desks with jelly legs. But feeling great about the run. (My clothes were soaked when I was done, and I smelled unconscionably bad! Victory!)
Old 08-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #330  
repeat offender

After resting for one and half weeks, I finally ran week 5 day 1 this morning. Feels great! I learned that I need to slow down and not run too fast, otherwise I would totally throw up.