Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #271  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Haha BigChiefHoho It sounds a whole lot faster than it really is... I think. People running around me are often 12+ It really felt good to finish though.

The thing that drives me crazy the most is, often halfway through a run... call of nature! Something about the jogging that just sorta shakes things loose... Even if I make sure to go BEFORE it still can interrupt and totally ruin it for me
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #272  
Nuttin to it but to do it

S/C/G: 270/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6''

I think height is a big part of it, at least at first. I'm 5'6" but I have legs shorter than my friend who is 5'3" ...

Silverfire, totally agree about the call of nature thing! That's ones of the reasons I'm nervous to run anywhere but the gym. I'm worried that I will get stranded with no where to go!
KarinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #273  

Wait. 12+ ?!?! Is that in km because 12+ miles an hour is like 5 minute miles which sounds crazy?!?!
Old 06-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #274  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarinRose View Post
Wait. 12+ ?!?! Is that in km because 12+ miles an hour is like 5 minute miles which sounds crazy?!?!
It must be, I've never really paid any attention, but that makes the most sense.

My legs are pretty short for my height (I'm all torso!)

Last edited by Silverfire; 06-04-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 191.4/187/150

Height: 5'9

Hi, I'm new to the C25K. W1D2. I did it, is all I can say. Please tell me this gets easier and that I will enjoy running, cause right now I'm not so much liking it. LOL. I have always hated running, but I never really ran that far so the thought of a steady 3 miles has me freaked out. Can I do it? Right now I'm thinking no way in **** will this 53 year old woman can do that in 9 weeks time. I have read a few posts on here and think hey, if they are doing it, why the heck can't I. Guess I am looking for some encouraging words of wisdom for all of you who are farther along than I am. Thanks!
Mary
Beachplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:30 PM   #276  
Put good in, get good out

S/C/G: 290/283/200

Beachplum, I am also just beginning. At the moment I am W2D1 as of tomorrow and I'm scared! Yes this is hard, but it is designed to challenge us. Personally, I've repeated a few work outs just to be sure that I'm not DYING once the next weeks starts up. Use this program as a guideline, so listen to your body. Continue with week 1 intervals until you feel comfortable to move on.

It gets easier, I promise. Happy thoughts. It's not a race (though it seems like it at times) and do your best. Let me know if you ever need anything!
Airycuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #277  

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I had to laugh though as I just realized that the runs are one day run then next off? there are only three for the week? I will use those off days to walk. Which I have always loved! Walking also gets the weight off but I've noticed it isn't coming off as easily as before. Menopause? I haven't had my period since March. woo hoo! Looking forward to the day when I feel like "hey, I'm a runner!"
Old 06-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Hola amigas y amigos! Jumping in here, finished week 4 day 1 yesterday and I have to say, it felt pretty doable, which is very strange to me considering I did week one like, six weeks in a row because it just killed! Maybe my cardiovascular system is forgiving me for years of abuse. Quitting smoking: it helps, in a big way.

For those of you using a treadmill or who know, may I ask about how fast you are running? I feel pretty dang slow still and don't know if I should be picking up the speed more or just stick to worrying about building up the duration first.

Last edited by Lecomtes; 06-07-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #279  

Wk 8 finished!!!

So next week is the last week, and I happen to be doing an actual 5k on Saturday to finish it out. The 5k is to support my friend who lost her father in January to pancreatic cancer.

I'm so nervous! When I jog 28 minutes it is barely 2 miles. I keep telling myself it is ok if I walk some of it but I am still nervous...
Old 06-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #280  
Put good in, get good out

S/C/G: 290/283/200

Way to go KarinRose! Pace yourself and you will be perfectly fine. Feed yourself positive energy and you will be incredibly successful!

As for me, Today was my first day of W2. Unfortunately it rained as soon as I stepped out the door, so I had to go to the gym. Honestly, it wasn't that bad! I don't know if it was the change in environment or the addition of the treadmill, but I felt great after my run. My knees didn't hurt as bad as they usually do..do treadmills actually help?

I'm nervous that once I get back outside that I will have a harder time like I was. Does any body else experience that fluctuation between indoor vs. outdoor?
Airycuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #281  

I find the treadmill much easier than walking outside. I unfortunately quit the gym when I realized I wasn't using it that much. (just me being lazy) but now that it is nice out, I prefer the outdoors. I get bored easily on the treadmill.

If the treadmill is easier on your knees why not continue on it? Better that then injuring yourself and having to stop all together.

I have been taking my dog on my walk/jogs and I think she is enjoying it. I never had a dog before last year so I am not sure if she likes it or hates it. I think she does like it. I know she hates the car...but yesterday when we got to the park she started whining but her tail was wagging? Does that mean she was excited to go for a walk?

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day today. I am off to church then a graduation party. I hope to get my walk in later on in the afternoon/evening.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:26 PM   #282  

Wk 9 has begun! Can't believe I am jogging 30 minutes nonstop!!!

One more workout and then 5k on Saturday!!! Nervous but excited!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #283  

So much winning! On Monday, I was starting up W4D3, did the first 3 minute run, then the walk, then the 5 minute run. I was in such a good groove, had the right pace, wasn't all wobbly, and could breathe, so I ran through the 2.5 minutes of walking, and kept going through the next run and walk. Making a grand total 12 minutes of jogging IN A ROW!!! I don't know how it happened, but I have finally broke through the 5 minute mental block I was having. So freaking pumped.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #284  

awesome Job Silverfire! I just started W2D1..it was drizzling here but I still made myself go. I feel great that I did that. Once I am out there I love it. Hope everyone else is sticking to it.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm going to start C25K --again!-- tonight! Excited, but worried I won't be able to even do week 1, day 1 properly. If I can't, I'll just keep on repeating it until I can manage it. But also embarrassed that I let myself get to this point again. =/

Edit: well, actually I did it! Not only that, but I did it properly for the first time. In all of my past attempts at C25k, on the first day I walked through part of the running portions. Not this time! I ran all of them, and was surprised when it was over. I think all of the walking and bicycling I have been doing lately has made it a bit easier for me. I mean, I still jogged slooooowly, but it was jogging and not walking and that's what counts!

Last edited by Horo; 06-16-2014 at 02:45 AM.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote