3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Jump into January Running! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/291156-jump-into-january-running.html)

lm3898 01-02-2014 01:36 PM

Jump into January Running!

Welcome to the JANUARY 2014 running thread! :carrot:

Feel free to share any/all running accomplishments here big & small.

I'm planning a quick jog after work today on the treadmill before the "blizzard of NYC" hits lol.

Anyone else?

CherryPie99 01-02-2014 02:06 PM

Yesterday they had a local "Res-ZOO-lution" run that I really wanted to do to benefit the local Zoo, but when I woke up it was 3 degrees and snowing so I couldn't bring myself to do it. I managed 8 miles on the dreadmill while watching "Snakes on a Plane"!

Rhiko 01-02-2014 10:50 PM

I'm back for this month :D

On the 30th of December I ran a short mountain track (2.6km) to the end and back again. It was muddy from the recent rain and made traction difficult on the big hills AND I didn't fall once. I slipped a couple of times though :lol: I learned that day that I should stop complaining about the difficulties of my running courses and just get on with it!

On the 1st of Jan, I ran 8km from one town to another. By the time I got near the end, I knew I wasn't going to be tired so I ran up the hills and down the roads faster. In fact, I sprinted the last two :D

devadiva 01-03-2014 04:41 PM

Love reading about everyone's runs,Still walking missed yesterday...but 3 miles we'd,thur none and 4 today. Had a couple days of pain so backed off a little.

monmis12 01-04-2014 08:38 PM

I ran a half last weekend in FL. Today, I ran an 8 miler in a local state park. It was fun but cold. Really cold waiting around for it to start but had a great run once we got going. Ran on a paved walking/biking path that is in poor shape. Which means, I had to dodge potholes, washed out sections, and crumbling pavement. Saw one runner with a torn up knee and one with a twisted ankle at the end:( I have a half on this coming Saturday so I will be doing a few shorter runs.

devadiva 01-07-2014 09:04 AM

Hi all still waking 3,3.5,3.5 and 4.5 yesterday. Getting in some uphill yesterday. 500 ft.

Rhiko 01-07-2014 07:23 PM

It's funny how I can run 8km one day, yet 4 days later I struggle to do 7km :lol: :( I changed my route yesterday, because I'd done my other two heaps of times, and I ran slower in case it was too long... I wonder if it was the gusting winds that made me feel tired and incredibly sore in my back and calves or that I only have a certain period of time before my hormones slow my body down? I have PCOS and I have noticed that when my ovulation hits I start feeling lethargic, but that's not until the end of next week... Sigh :?:

Anyway, sorry to ramble :lol:

lm3898 01-08-2014 11:45 AM

Nice work everyone! FREEZING out day 2...so nothing outdoors but 2 miles run/climb on the treadmill...that's about the best distance I can handle while pregnant!

devadiva 01-08-2014 07:22 PM

4 miles today walking...Stay warm.

Becky Quilts 01-09-2014 11:09 AM

Can I hop in? I've run for a couple of years and am trying to stay on track for my first (gulp) marathon in May. I needed to do something that scares me a little in 2014 and a full definitely qualifies!

I'm trying to lose a little weight so I have less of me to move; hoping the running + Weight Watchers will get me there.

devadiva 01-10-2014 08:39 AM

5 miles on Thur. Less than 3 weeks until I can start exercising and doing physical therapy going nutty

CherryPie99 01-12-2014 06:16 PM

Managed 13 miles on the treadmill this morning - wanted to quit after 10. I was fine physically, but the treadmill is such a mental game!! Fortunately I was watching Million Dollar Baby and that had 20-ish minutes left so it worked out!!!

Porthardygurl 01-12-2014 07:01 PM

Well...i did my first C TO 5k D1:WK 1 and survived!!! Yay! I also challenged myself to see how long i could run for without stopping...and... i ran for 10 minutes straight no stopping!! I havent been able to do that since I was 11 years old! I could actually breathe!

Becky Quilts 01-13-2014 11:49 AM

devadiva - So close! It's hard - I had Nov'10-Aug'11 with the shoes hung up. Hang in there.

CherryPie99 - Dreadmills are a necessary evil in my world. Like you I find it helpful to watch something. I'm starting to outrun my TV shows, going to have to start watching movies. I love Million Dollar Baby. :)

Porthardygurl - I started with C25k, it's a great program! I used the one from CoolRunning.com. It sounds like you're doing great, cheering with you!

As for me - the weekend was a bust, but will get my long run in tonight. I'm enjoying getting back into the groove, now just to STAY in it. :)

devadiva 01-13-2014 05:32 PM

Fri 5,Sat 3.5 with hubby,Sun 3.5 again with hubby,today 6 miles. Of course all walking.
Welcome to all of the newcomers,been on here for a couple years there are a few of us that hang in there.....through the good bad and ugly.

lm3898 01-14-2014 01:12 PM

Way to go everyone~!!!!!

Deva love your new pic lol.

2 miles jog/climb yesterday on the treadmill! Going again in 45 min!

Becky Quilts 01-14-2014 05:27 PM

3 tonight plus core!

CherryPie99 01-14-2014 07:07 PM

Got in 7 miles OUTSIDE today!!! Felt so good to be off the 'mill!

devadiva 01-15-2014 08:51 AM

Cherrypie Yeah outside it makes all the diff mentally

IM3898 good for you keep it up it will make all the difference in your delivery and help you keep it as baby weight,,I can't remember is this your 1 st.
Also the picture was taken at our towns "Fruitcake Festival" they have a theme every year this was "20,000 leagues under the sea" ( hense my mermaid dress and date with Neptune) it was taken 2 days before surgey.

As for me 5 1/2 miles walking. Listening to a bunch of health podcasts while I do...by far my favorite are Jillian Micheals.( she is much different on her podcast than biggest loser,her personality,very funny)

diamondgeog 01-15-2014 03:36 PM

This is a fascinating article I thought I would share. I am going to be doing my first 5K soon. I think if that ever becomes 'routine' I would probably shoot for 10Ks at the max. And then maybe mini-triathlons.

I am still losing a lot by running because I am still going longer than ever before in my life. But I think based on this article at some point I will add 'sprint days' to my workouts and not just running.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4123911.html

Interesting stuff.

Becky Quilts 01-17-2014 10:41 AM

Cherry Pie - YES! Yesterday I got out for 4.5 outside. I froze my tail off but

devadiva - I will have to have a listen to Jillian. I see glimpses of a non-hard-nose occasionally on BL, it'll be interesting to hear her while on her own terms (so to speak).

diamondgeog - congrats on your upcoming 5k! :) I have done a couple of sprint-distance tris, they are a lot of fun. The atmosphere is more open than road races. The cross training the three diciplines provides is awesome, too.

As for me - I got out yesterday for 4.5 frigid miles. It was sunny and 30 when I started, so I had some extra layers, but it got windy and cloudy toward the end. It was *so* good to get outside, though!

devadiva 01-18-2014 04:21 PM

Got 8 miles in today {walking}but...1,100 foot gain so it was exercise!

devadiva 01-20-2014 11:01 AM

Sunday walked about 6 miles with DH

CherryPie99 01-20-2014 05:52 PM

Gayle, you are awesome keeping active! How are you feeling? Any idea when you will be cleared to run?

Huge snowstorm yesterday, so it was back to the treadmill - got in 13. Calling for HIGHS in the single digits this week so looks like I'll be getting a lot of tready time dammit!

Chardonnay 01-20-2014 05:59 PM

Hi Everyone,

I used to run an hour a day when I lived in the mountains, the trails were awesome. I would like to start again.

I did just 10 minutes of running on the treadmill the other day and I was winded, even though I'm quite active with my cardio otherwise - I usually do 60 minutes of eliptical, spinning, treadmill combined daily (6days a week that is)

Would 10 minutes a day for a while build me up rather quickly? I'd love to run through the mountains again this summer when I go fishing!

Becky Quilts 01-21-2014 02:56 PM

Chardonnay, it might be just a different set of muscles. To me, elliptical and running are different enough, I don't last on the elliptical. :)

Have you looked in to "Couch to 5k"? Cool Running's version got me started running several years ago.

I have only run a couple of trails, but very much enjoyed it! Beautiful and challenging.

8 miles last night, eep! I am walking slightly funny at the office today, heehee.

Chardonnay 01-21-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky Quilts (Post 4925089)
Chardonnay, it might be just a different set of muscles. To me, elliptical and running are different enough, I don't last on the elliptical. :)

Have you looked in to "Couch to 5k"? Cool Running's version got me started running several years ago.

I have only run a couple of trails, but very much enjoyed it! Beautiful and challenging.

8 miles last night, eep! I am walking slightly funny at the office today, heehee.

Congrats on the 8 miles :) Yes, I've heard of the Couch to 5k, I have a new problem though, I did 10 minutes today and unfortunately my heartburn came back, sigh...it'll have to be low impact for me from now on! Good luck everyone! :)