Jump into January Running!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Way to go everyone~!!!!!

Deva love your new pic lol.

2 miles jog/climb yesterday on the treadmill! Going again in 45 min!
  • 3 tonight plus core!
  • Got in 7 miles OUTSIDE today!!! Felt so good to be off the 'mill!
  • Cherrypie Yeah outside it makes all the diff mentally

IM3898 good for you keep it up it will make all the difference in your delivery and help you keep it as baby weight,,I can't remember is this your 1 st.
    Also the picture was taken at our towns "Fruitcake Festival" they have a theme every year this was "20,000 leagues under the sea" ( hense my mermaid dress and date with Neptune) it was taken 2 days before surgey.

As for me 5 1/2 miles walking. Listening to a bunch of health podcasts while I do...by far my favorite are Jillian Micheals.( she is much different on her podcast than biggest loser,her personality,very funny)
  • This is a fascinating article I thought I would share. I am going to be doing my first 5K soon. I think if that ever becomes 'routine' I would probably shoot for 10Ks at the max. And then maybe mini-triathlons.

I am still losing a lot by running because I am still going longer than ever before in my life. But I think based on this article at some point I will add 'sprint days' to my workouts and not just running.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4123911.html

Interesting stuff.
  • Cherry Pie - YES! Yesterday I got out for 4.5 outside. I froze my tail off but

devadiva - I will have to have a listen to Jillian. I see glimpses of a non-hard-nose occasionally on BL, it'll be interesting to hear her while on her own terms (so to speak).

diamondgeog - congrats on your upcoming 5k! I have done a couple of sprint-distance tris, they are a lot of fun. The atmosphere is more open than road races. The cross training the three diciplines provides is awesome, too.

As for me - I got out yesterday for 4.5 frigid miles. It was sunny and 30 when I started, so I had some extra layers, but it got windy and cloudy toward the end. It was *so* good to get outside, though!
  • Got 8 miles in today {walking}but...1,100 foot gain so it was exercise!
  • Sunday walked about 6 miles with DH
  • Gayle, you are awesome keeping active! How are you feeling? Any idea when you will be cleared to run?

Huge snowstorm yesterday, so it was back to the treadmill - got in 13. Calling for HIGHS in the single digits this week so looks like I'll be getting a lot of tready time dammit!
  • Hi Everyone,

I used to run an hour a day when I lived in the mountains, the trails were awesome. I would like to start again.

I did just 10 minutes of running on the treadmill the other day and I was winded, even though I'm quite active with my cardio otherwise - I usually do 60 minutes of eliptical, spinning, treadmill combined daily (6days a week that is)

Would 10 minutes a day for a while build me up rather quickly? I'd love to run through the mountains again this summer when I go fishing!
  • Chardonnay, it might be just a different set of muscles. To me, elliptical and running are different enough, I don't last on the elliptical.

Have you looked in to "Couch to 5k"? Cool Running's version got me started running several years ago.

I have only run a couple of trails, but very much enjoyed it! Beautiful and challenging.

8 miles last night, eep! I am walking slightly funny at the office today, heehee.
  • Quote: Chardonnay, it might be just a different set of muscles. To me, elliptical and running are different enough, I don't last on the elliptical.

Have you looked in to "Couch to 5k"? Cool Running's version got me started running several years ago.

I have only run a couple of trails, but very much enjoyed it! Beautiful and challenging.

8 miles last night, eep! I am walking slightly funny at the office today, heehee.
    Congrats on the 8 miles Yes, I've heard of the Couch to 5k, I have a new problem though, I did 10 minutes today and unfortunately my heartburn came back, sigh...it'll have to be low impact for me from now on! Good luck everyone!