3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > Exercise!

Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #46

S/C/G: 258/146ish/146ish

Height: 5' 5

Rhiko, Good luck at your race. You'll do fine!

Tabbycat, Great run. I understand about the darkness. I'm limited to where I run because of that.

Diva-Hope your dog is doing well!

Well, after my 10 miles on Sunday, I had some discomfort in my previous injured foot. Not pain really and not bad. I did not take anything for it but I did ice it. I rested yesterday and its feeling fine today. It only flares up on long run.

I'm running after work today-5 miles. The weather here is crazy. The temps are dropping during the day and its supposed to be 41 F although it will feel like 29 F! Brrrr.
monmis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #47
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

Devadiva, I'm so jealous! I would love a little dog to jog beside me. Great job on the ten mile, monmis12. I'm very impressed! And yes, it is definitely getting cold here too. I whipped out my brother's ironic 90s-kids-movie sweatshirt to bulk up against the weather. It's the only item of clothing I have that is both A) something I'm willing to get sweaty, and B) thick enough for cold weather. I need to go shopping for some real clothes.

I'm proud of myself for the run itself today, because it was outside and I managed again to pull off running for thirty minutes straight. Doing it a second time means that this is actually something that can be a consistent practice and that the first time wasn't just good luck, haha. On top of which, I controlled my breath during the run and recovered it much better afterwards, despite the cold conditions (Thanks to some good advice from the forums about slowing down.) I have no idea what number of miles it was, because my map seem incorrect for how slow I was going versus the number of miles I did, but I ran the park twice. That was the same distance I was doing with interval running and walking. I partly credit changing my playlist. They're no longer five minute running songs and three minute walking songs. Anyway, I'm pleased.

Last edited by PollifaxFive; 11-12-2013 at 03:01 PM.
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #48

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Congrats PollifaxFive!

I just got back from a 7 miler that almost didn't happen - it snowed last night and when I came into work this morning the sidewalks were covered in ice.

But the sun came out late this morning and I decided to chance it - they were about 90% clear. It was really cold - 30 degrees and windy, but I was flying. 7 miles at 7:56 MM.

One of my better times and not bad for having to take it easy in places as to not wipeout!!

Jen

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said 'I just don't care!'" ~ Pink ~

http://jenhudsonmosher.blogspot.com/

My goal reached thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ncers-say.html
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #49
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

WOW that's some fast mileage Jen!

I ran 5K on treadmill in 24:30 this morning, so just over 8 minute miles. Fastest ever. Two weeks til the Turkey Trot!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/krampus
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:09 AM   #50
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Jen for the advice.

I did 10k yesterday and found I could cover that easier after doing the fast 5ks as going slower was more comfortable, especially on my joints.

Did a fast 5k again today though as there was just not enough time to run the distance and get ready for work.

Back to 10ks soon.

Running because of Diana
Believing because of Sue
Elvis lives!
Getting fashion advice from Sum
ReillyJ and Carpediem saved my knees!
Don't believe the hype. EAT MORE FISH.
If the bar ain't bendin', you're just pretendin'!
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #51

Had a great run yesterday after work. Did a little over 5 miles right at a 10 min mile.

This am, I did 5 miles before work. It was cold but I was not during my run. Temperature was around 28 degrees F. I wore heavy running tights and a heavier type under armour shirt. I also wore some thin knit gloves. Strength training after work.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #52
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Ran on Sat did a local 5k.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #53

Finally hit my goal of 18 miles yesterday! My time was really pretty good, too - 2:29:23. But boy, my Achilles is paying for it today!

Jen

"I'm through accepting limits, cause someone says they're so. Some things I cannot change but 'til I try I'll never know!" ~ Wicked ~

Old 11-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #54
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the good wishes everyone!

FINALLY managed to do some sort of workout - 2 miles walk/running over the weekend. I gotta say it felt good to start back up a bit!
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #55
Training for life!

Hanna and I ran 4 miles this AM. We ran 3.2 on Monday. She is doing great I am trying to keep up on my weights ect. Very busy lots of things going on Holidays and more.ONLY 4 weeks till surgery!!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #56
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

I did a slow, sore 1/2 hour run today. My trainer kicked my a$$ Tuesday, so I'm not surprised. I'm planning on something longer Saturday morning.

Lost the first 100 with Medifast, now working on the last 25
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #57
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

I just did 3.12 miles in 38 1/2 minutes. That's a good solid time for me. It was cold out, and my legs still felt heavy. I'm thinking the weather is what's making my legs feel heavy - is this true for any of you? I'm not sure if it's temperature, humidity, air pressure, or a combination, but I just don't feel as good since it got cold out.

Happy news - a Fleet Feet just opened 4 miles from my house! No more half-hour drive - yahoo!

Lost the first 100 with Medifast, now working on the last 25
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #58

Yesterday, I ran 11 miles. It was the first Saturday I have NOT run a 5k race in three months. It went great. Beautiful weather.... Felt like I could have run more (with a pit stop and water, of course).

I'm doing my first half marathon a week from today. I'm easing up on my running this week in preparation.

I am running a 5k Thanksgiving day fun run with my niece. Its untimed and no awards so no pressure to race it. I plan on running it nice and slow.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #59

I got up this morning and it was wonderfully sunny so I thought it was going to be nice day for a run. Turns out it was 6 degrees out. I took the lesser of 2 hells and decided to hit the treadmill.

13.12 miles! It sucked, but I was watching football, so it was bearable!

Getting excited about the Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning - I plan to run ALL OUT and get a PR!

Good luck on your first 1/2 monmis12!!

Old 11-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #60
Training for life!

Got 4 miles in on Mon. With my girl.

Jen you deserve a trophy for doing that on the dread mill how different was your time from the road?