Jigging to get fit and lose weight

• I am of Metis heritage. Part of my routine has been my tradtional dance, which is jigging, part scottish/irish jig with unique footwork. I have been jigging for 2 months now and although, it may look easy, it is an excellant workout. If your not sure what I am talking about, there are several you tube videos that demonstrate this style of dance. I thought I would share because I myself did not realize what a good cardio workout it can be.
  • Thanks for sharing, I looked up the videos, I love that style of dance and it looks very hard to me. I can only imagine how good a cardio workout it is! I don't know HOW you keep your upper body so calm and still while making your feet and legs do all that -- must be good for your core as well!

I think it is VERY cool you get to do that for your exercise!

Edited to add: My heritage is Scotch-Irish, I wish I was more in touch with this sort of stuff!
  • It's great! I am part of a jigging dance group so it helps me to stay committed and it's fun and social as well. The basic step is pretty easy to learn. It looks more complicated than it is because it is fast.
  • Can I just say, that I just checked your blog and you are an inspriation to me