Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 88 KGs & wishing to be 60 KGs

Height: 160 cms

Question Could Chalean Xtreme help me to Turbo?!

My heart was going to pop out my chest when i did only 10 minutes of the Learn & burn...(yeahhh... i could not complete the whole 16 minutes),I weight 89 KGs (196.211 Pounds) so yes jumping around is not for me, But i really like the turbo workouts, I really want to do it but i can't

So am thinking of Chalean Xtreme as weight lifting may help strengthen my muscles & eventually my endurance so i can turbo (not only turbo jam but eventually Turbo Fire), but again is Chalean for me?

I know that P90x is for advanced fit people, does Chalean is targeting those people too? & if so, what program shall i start with?

P.S: I have the original Power 90 (P90) & Power 90 master series, but i kindda like Chalean more than Tony Horton, But i can do anything to lose weight
NBbluesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 88 KGs & wishing to be 60 KGs

Height: 160 cms

Have i posted this on the wrong thread ? Shall i re-post it on the "weight & resistance training" Thread?
NBbluesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:02 AM   #3  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Chalene Exreme will not get you to the level you need to be to fully complete TurboFire. The best thing to do will just keep at Turbo Jam. While there are 2 days of cardio in Extreme, that is not enough to build you up to turbo fire. I suggest doing a hybrid of Turbo Jam and Extreme (you can find schedules online!)

Do not feel bad about having to stop and take breaks. A lot of people have to in the beginning!

Last edited by Candeka; 08-05-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

There is nothing wrong with taking breaks during Turbo Fire or Turbo Jam if needed. Just keep pushing play and trying your best, you will advance much faster than you expect. Make sure you are following the person who does the lower impact modifications which means your feet stay on the floor and the workout is easier. You will eventually get to the point you can do some of the jumps, but right now your goal is to build up your stamina to make it to the end of the workout.

I have Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. You can do Extreme and either of the other workouts together, but one is not going to get you ready to do the other. I prefer Turbo Fire because the music is better and I love the HIIT workouts, they are more fun than Turbo Jam workouts, imo. HIIT workouts are also much shorter, so you get through them faster. That said, I LOVE the cardio workouts included in Chalean Extreme.

Whatever you do, do not give up. Keep trying and cut yourself some slack if you need to take a break. Focus on the music and try to have fun.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/235/180

Height: 5'1"

I love love love Turbo Jam, and have just ordered Turbo Fire. It's a killer the first times you do it, so my tips are: follow Mindy and Anna Rita and know that you don't have to jump or bounce until you are ready to do so, pause and walk (or dance!) in place when you feel like the regular segments are as tough as the "turbos," and set goals for yourself to work up to doing the full workout. When I started, I was happy if I could do the warm-up and first two segments of Cardio Party before I moved to the finesse and cool down. Now I'm back to being able to do the full DVD, but it took some time to build endurance.

Hope this helps. Keep with it, because you will start to feel so strong if you do.

Last edited by ncweightloss; 08-13-2013 at 10:57 PM.
ncweightloss is offline   Reply With Quote