Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #1  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Default I just found my motivation - Zombies!

So I've been thinking about signing up for a 5K at the end of the summer to encourage me to stick with running. You know, give me something to work for. Well, I think I just found the most awesome race! I so need to do it!

http://thezombiedash.com/
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #2  

LOL too funny, Krissy!

I'd be so scared I probably would increase my run time!!

I'm so glad you found a race! I'm too afraid to sign up for one yet!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

That is simply AWESOME! My hubby and I are ALL things zombie (even had a zombie wedding in 2011.) I think I need to look into one of these in my area.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #4  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

OMG that is AWESOME! If I had the money for a plane ticket to Michigan I would TOTALLY do the Oct 26 Zombie Dash - it's my birthday! That would be such an awesome Birthday. Thank you so so much for sharing that. I might be saving up my money now to go. So cool! If you do it, I would LOVE to see pictures.
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #5  
13 pds in 7 days!

S/C/G: 228/215/145

Height: 5'5" WOE Atkins

There is one called Run for you Lives...and they do it all over the country. Always wanted to do it.
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/171/153 now 185/185/155

Height: 5'3"

I ran the Run For Your Lives 5K and had a ball. I was worn out at the end but it is a fun and challenging race. Totally worth it! Enjoy!
ImImportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #7  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

That race looks like a lot of fun... I love "theme" runs... Every year here in nyc there is a New Year's Eve Run that kicks off at the stroke of midnight in Central Park with fireworks and champagne at the water stops... and there is a costume contest for the runners as well beforehand so lots of people go all out for that... it's a lot of fun... I've always thought it was a great way to bring in the New Year...

And I've also done the Bay to the Breakers a few times in San Francisco and that "race" is just one big party... Lots of really great costumes and always more than a few people that "run" completely naked... which still makes me chuckle when I think about it... (I know, I know... very immature... but what can I say... I still think it's funny... lol...)

Anyway... That's an awesome goal... hopefully, you can post some pic's of it here on 3FC afterwards so everyone can see how much fun it was...

Good luck!
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I really want to do the Run for Your Lives as well In August but since I'm moving this summer it will all depend on that.

I Am still running every day and getting better in hopes I can make it to this 5k run.

Check out the website, it looks crazy fun.

http://www.runforyourlives.com/
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #9  

OMG Oct 26 is much too close to Halloween for me to do a Zombie Run!! I was scared enough thinking you were doing it "at the end of the summer" like you wrote!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #10  
Eat
Random Citizen

S/C/G: 254/237/210

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsgurl0531 View Post
I really want to do the Run for Your Lives as well In August but since I'm moving this summer it will all depend on that.

I Am still running every day and getting better in hopes I can make it to this 5k run.

Check out the website, it looks crazy fun.

runforyourlives.com
A friend and I were considering doing that in Pittsburgh. Maybe when I reach my goal I'll try it as I would like to run it. I can walk the 5K, but as slow as I seem to go (even though I think I'm going at a good pace), a zombie turtle would catch me.
Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #11  
I dream in sci-fi

S/C/G: 222/150/150

Height: 5'6"

Hee hee. Those look awesome. I actually watch scary movies and people playing scary videos games on youtube while I train. The added adrenaline works great to keep you going.
JuvenileNarcissist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #12  

There's also an app version if you want that every day :-) It's called "Zombies, Run!" and comes both in a big version and in a 5K one. I've had plenty of fun with it.
broccolikatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #13  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

We were just talking about doing that race here too! And there is also an app like Katie mentioned, and it's pretty awesome! I like to think of it as a video game since I'm a huge gamer, and it's super motivating during a run, RavenWolf told me about it!

Last edited by Pink Hurricane; 05-27-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Krissy View Post
So I've been thinking about signing up for a 5K at the end of the summer to encourage me to stick with running. You know, give me something to work for. Well, I think I just found the most awesome race! I so need to do it!

http://thezombiedash.com/
A Zombie run! Ha.ha.--they have all kinds of fun 5 and 10 K's. I saw one where they spray you with powder--so you're all different colors. Whatever gets you and keeps you motivated is great!
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 234/224/145

Ok so I looked up the Run For Your Lives website and they have it here in Arizona in November! I think I'm going to try to make it a goal to participate. I've never been a runner, I have like 80lbs to lose... but I think I can make it happen. I signed up for Couch to 5K training on Runkeeper and started today. Yay!

And Zombies, Run! is a great app, tons of fun. I tried to use it on the treadmill at the gym and it didn't really log the miles very well, but that could have just been the phone I was using. It's better for outdoor runs I think, since you can log by GPS.
phishgirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote