10K training app?

• I'm planning to run a 10K in mid-July. It's the Race for Life from Cancer Research UK - women only - and my main goal is to complete the 10K running or jogging - no walking - and not to be there all day. I'm a slooooow runner. But in Race for Life completion and participation is the main thing.

I was planning to use a 16 week training programme from Runkeeper (that's the only length they have) but I've already missed the start due to a foot injury. I haven't run in over a month (but I'm exercising daily - including spin class) except on soft ground at rugby. Realistically, I'll only be able to begin training in May, but I plan to start running again this week, light stuff on trails not pavement ...see how it goes.

Has anyone used a 10K training app they could recommend? - I'm looking for something about 8 weeks in duration.
  • There's a "Bridge to 10K" app that assumes you can already do a 5K. Or "ease into 10K" if you are just starting out. I like both of those. Just skip some of the weeks if you are shorter on time.