3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   exercise for toning loose skin? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/278711-exercise-toning-loose-skin.html)

Alyssa Autopsy 03-30-2013 02:09 AM

exercise for toning loose skin?

even with the small amount of weight i've lost so far, i can tell my skin is starting to sag. my boobs are lower than they should be for my age, and my lower stomach and inner thigh areas both have skin i can pinch and pull away from my body... it's not much, but i can't afford a tummy tuck!

i need exercises that will lift and firm my breasts, and shrink the slowly-starting-to-sag skin on my stomach and thighs.

and don't tell me "it won't sag if you lose weight slowly" cuz i HAVE been losing slowly, and it's sagging.

Ilene 03-30-2013 08:08 AM

We can't make skin disappear, unfortunately :( , sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Eventhough you've lost weight slowly it may still take your body time to readjust itself, your skin may spring back you have youth on your side :dance: .... Genetics play a huge role in determining how your skin will spring back....

Do you weight train? Weight training will help make muscle to somewhat fill out the skin and will look much nicer.

I work with a lady, 48ish yrs old, who has lost about 70lbs in a year... At first the skin around her face and neck was very loose and saggy, this is the only part of her body I can really see :lol: , the other day I noticed that this is almost gone and she looks much better. So, I think, that your skin may catch up in time....

Don't despair you are so much healthier since your weightloss and clothes camouflage a multitude of sins... Like I said you're young and your skin may spring back...

Hope this helps....

seagirl 03-30-2013 08:12 AM

Definitely weight training. This is my arms from weight training. I thought that hanging down stuff would just stay there until I lost more weight, but once the muscles underneath grew, they took everything up with them. this is unflexed.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...D80E55C0FA.jpg

Alyssa Autopsy 03-30-2013 08:32 AM

wow okay thanks guys...

so when people tell me "if you do pushups it will lift and firm your breasts"... they were lying!? D;

seagirl 03-30-2013 08:40 AM

Breasts are mostly fat and you can't tone fat. You can build the muscle under them to help them somewhat, but you have a large chest so your main concern will be making sure you wear a properly fitting bra.

Genetics plays a large part in skin condition, and it will all seem looser as you lose weight and the fat beneath it shrinks faster than the skin. But the skin will catch up.

Push ups will give you great arms and shoulders and build strength. So do them!

sacha 03-30-2013 01:19 PM

Sorry but actual loose skin cannot be 'toned', it is simply loose skin. I have some from my pregnancy, despite an awesome physique everywhere else. Unfortunately our bodies may have to bear some leftover reminders of a large weight loss or pregnancy, etc.

Alyssa Autopsy 03-30-2013 04:02 PM

aw man. well thanks guys, i guess there's no magic cure for my slight sag and booby flabbiness and stretch marks :<

Ilene 03-30-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacha (Post 4687721)
Unfortunately our bodies may have to bear some leftover reminders of a large weight loss or pregnancy, etc.

Yep it's a good lesson to never go back...

And there is no magic cure *sigh* ....

gwenaa 03-30-2013 07:35 PM

i did read an article a few days ago about loose skin (not sure where it is now) it had said that it can take up to 2 years for skin to finally go back. the best thing you can do is first be patience with the skin as it is an organ and takes time and second is to stay hydrated. good luck

berryblondeboys 03-30-2013 07:57 PM

I have been basically maintaining the last year (up and down the same 20). And well, loose skin does get better. It's just hard to know how much better.

My breasts even perked up a bit as some of the loose upper skin shrunk up. My arms shrunk up A LOT. They aren't perfect, but tons and tons better than they were a year ago.

Alyssa Autopsy 03-30-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berryblondeboys (Post 4688037)
I have been basically maintaining the last year (up and down the same 20). And well, loose skin does get better. It's just hard to know how much better.

My breasts even perked up a bit as some of the loose upper skin shrunk up. My arms shrunk up A LOT. They aren't perfect, but tons and tons better than they were a year ago.

really??? oh that's so good to know! i know i'll never have a perfect body (even when i was only 100 pounds i had a bit of a belly, just the way my body stores fat) but i'm terrified of flab and sag.