question about 30DS - push through pain?

• hi guys

I know theres other threads on 30DS but have a specific question & didn't want it to get missed!

today I just completed L1D4 & today when doing it I had quite specific leg muscle pain in certain parts of the dvd (ie side lunges). Day 2 & 3 I was quite sore all over which I expected and pushed through but today that soreness was mostly gone but just now pain only when doing some of it.

My question is do i keep going tomorrow or take a day or 2 to rest? I don't want to stop all together but I don't want to injure myself either! Also, does the pain indicate I'm doing it wrong?

Lastly also wanted to know if people were doing other exercise as well as the 30DS?

Thanks!!
  • I stopped (for the time being.) I have a pulled groin muscle and do not want to risk a torn groin muscle. If you are in pain, stop. that's your body's way of warning you. Also, Jillian herself, on her PODcast, recommends 2 days on, 1 day of cardio, 2 days on, 1 day of cardio, RELAX. She means 30 workout days, but her marketing team thought it would sell better just calling it 30 days.

(and I add in crunches EVERY day)
  • thanks!

i thought I had to do it every day for it to work. A little relieved now, rest day tomorrow!!
  • You can exercise through overall muscle soreness (i.e. workout soreness) - it will often go away during the workout. But pay attention to muscle pulls and joint pain.