Compression Tights for Running????

• Anyone use them? If so, do they help at all? What brand are you using?
  • Hi free1! I bought my first pair of compression tights just this year when Northern California had colder than usual snap in the weather. Mine are Under Armour. Check out their site for more information; they have a few different types and I can't remember off hand which I have, but I do like them and I can feel the difference between running in them and my regular capris. Compression tights fit like a second skin and provide a firmer hold on your muscles which helps to maintain your body heat and your muscles loose. They were a good investment and I definitely feel that they keep me warmer on my early morning (sometimes pre-dawn) runs.

My only complaint is that I'm really short so I end up having to roll the bottom of my tights up a couple of times. No biggie, though
  • I used to use under armor compression tights when I was rowing in college. They are GREAT for chilly mornings and honestly kept my muscles so much happier! I know it's not running, but they really worked for me in my early morning workouts.
  • I haven't been using compression tights that I know of, but since it's winter I do use tight pants. Do those count? I don't wear them for the firmer hold on the muscles that curvynotlumpy describes but I wear them because I can't run with bare legs when it's 30 degrees outside.

To me, I don't notice a difference when I run with them as compared to when I run in shorts. My pace is the same and I'm just as exhausted after the run either way.
  • Are those to prevent varicose veins? My mother has tons and I am noticing some beginning to form behind my knees.
  • Quote: Are those to prevent varicose veins? My mother has tons and I am noticing some beginning to form behind my knees.
    This might be helpful. Here's the link and description of the UA compression tights I have.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...pid1221968-001
  • Thanks Everyone!!!!!!!!!!