Your favorite shoe?

• Hi everyone! I am new to the exercise world (& Weight Watchers) and am shoe shopping for the best shoe! I have my eyes on these Skechers D'lites right now. I do have high arches and my feet are a little wide..I just want some input on what you workout in! Also, do you have favorite clothes? Shorts? Leggings? I'm so clueless! Thanks for any input!
  • I love my vibram five fingers, but I'm not sure if everyone feels the same :-)
  • You really need to go in and try them on. Different styles, even in the same brand and size, can fit completely differently.

I have been wearing Nike's Dual Fusion ST Running sneaker and I really like them
  • What kind of shoes you get depend on what you want to do in them, and what kind of feet you have. I have wide, flat feet, plantar fasciitis, 2 differently bad knees, and I run. My perfect sneaker is a Brooks Adrenaline GTS. That sneaker is probably terrible for your high arches, and wouldn't have the correct support for tennis or aerobics or basketball.

If you want to run, I highly suggest getting fitted at a running store. I don't know if other sports stores do sneaker fittings for other sports - maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

Good luck - sneakers are important!
  • Quote:
    I have been wearing Nike's Dual Fusion ST Running sneaker and I really like them
    I have the exact same kind. I love how much they breathe Andy how stylish they are. I have them in a bright yellow and teal color.

Nothing better than functional and cute!
  • I have a high arch and need a neutral shoe. I have two pairs (I run half my time at work and half at home).

I have the Brooks Glycerin 10 at home. I like this shoe. The toebox is wide which I need. It's a lot "heavier" than what I normally wear (I have tended towards a minimalist shoe) but not so much that I don't enjoy them.
    http://www.brooksrunning.com/Brooks-...efault,pd.html

I also have the Asics Gel-Nimbus-14. I really like this shoe. Probably more than the Brooks but I also have inserts in this shoe so that might be why. This one got rave reviews in Runner's World. It's lighter and not as bulky as my Brook's.
    http://www.asicsamerica.com/footwear...-t291n-womens/
  • +1 on the Gel-Nimbus... I have few pairs that I'm currently rotating through... I really like the cushioning... very nice ride so far... I'll probably run my next marathon in them...
  • It depends on what type of workout you are going to be partaking in most. For example if you are looking for just a running shoe it would be different as if you were looking for a trail or cross-training shoe.
    Here's an article that goes over different shoe types for specific workouts:
    Finding Shoes Fit For Your Workout

But I agree with TheLauren. You should try them on, no matter what shoe you decide, to get a good feel for how it forms to your foot specifically. Hope this helps, and good luck on your weight loss adventure!!!
  • Haband! They sell wonderful shoes -- you can check their website. I love their Dr. Scholl's for around $30 a pair... I buy the wide.

Tons of styles and colors to choose from.