3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Never exercised, but here I go... (P90X Beginner) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/273791-never-exercised-but-here-i-go-p90x-beginner.html)

my2cats 01-31-2013 11:06 AM

Ack , and how could I forget!! I've been wearing size 10 pants all this week! I was really close before I started P90X, but they totally fit now. It's the first time in my life (I guess except when I was a kid) that I've worn a 10. I was kind of ridiculously excited when I realized they actually fit. :)

Pink Hurricane 01-31-2013 02:08 PM

Heck yeah!!!! That's great to be in the 10s with a close fit! I cannot wait to get out of 18s haha. I'm on my second week of P90X, which means Yoga X is tonight, that's always the tough one for me.

gatorgirl6 02-02-2013 05:34 PM

I am super disappointed. I looked up when my p90x is supposed to arrive and it says feb 11! I paid for expedited shipping and yet expedited it is not. I was able to do Ab ripper x using the iPad app. I also went for a run. I am going to get very impatient waiting to get my DVDs. :/

gatorgirl6 02-02-2013 05:37 PM

Also, I was wondering if there is a lot of jumping around in the different workouts? I live in a second floor apartment and I will not want to make a ton of noise. If there is then I will need to plan to do those workouts earlier in the day...

my2cats 02-04-2013 05:47 PM

Some of them a bit - Plyometrics has a lot of jumping but it shows you how to do modified low impact versions (aimed at people with bad knees, but I'd think also works for 2nd floor apartments.)

Kenpo has a few jump kick things I think, but less so than Plyo.

So my update... I fell off the exercise wagon. I had a bit of a stomach bug for a couple days and a busy weekend, so I missed 3 days in a row. However, usually this is the point where I'd give up and say ehhh I can't do it.

But no, I'm actually just going to restart at Day 1... I feel more confident now I've done all the DVDs a couple times. I got my bands and all my equipment set up how I like, so less trial and error. So today is Day 1... again!

I pretty much just decided to figure out what I would feel better about - did I just want to skip those days and keep going or start over. What would make me happier / more motivated? And I realized - I want to get through the program, all 90 days. But I also want to feel like I gave it my all, and I'm in no big rush (as long as I'm still getting in swimsuit shape, I don't care if I officially finished or not by then).

So... I'm starting over. Feeling good about it again. Woo! :)

gatorgirl6 02-04-2013 06:35 PM

I got it in the mail today. Yay! We will have the same day 1. Well, I guess now is as good as any time to get started.

my2cats 02-04-2013 07:42 PM

Woohoo! :D How did it go? I just finished. I definitely feel like I'm more confident / doing better at the push-ups. And I still have to rest during Ab Ripper but I got through it. :)

I listened to this during the entire workout today... find it pretty funny but also peppy, which kept me going. ;) http://youtu.be/GI6CfKcMhjY (warning - it has a few f-bombs in it, but it's all tongue in cheek)

gatorgirl6 02-04-2013 08:19 PM

I seem to push myself harder during Ab ripper x. I am using resistance bands and I don't have the right stuff to get my bands securely at the top of the doer. I'm currently using an over the door hook that's for towels. So, I'm scared the whole time that the door is going to fly open. I have a resistance band door anchor ordered, so I'm hoping to push it harder once that gets here. It's probably a good thing cause ill still be super sore tomorrow.

my2cats 02-04-2013 09:07 PM

Woohoo!

Yes AbRipper is a little shorter so sometimes I found it easier to just be like "DO IT FOR JUST A LITTLE LONGER." But it depends.

Ha yeah that would be a little scary with the hook - I was pretty paranoid at first the bands were just going to snap and smack me in the face, but I've gotten less worried about it over time. I do check them for any stress lines or tiny fissures once a week or so, just in case.

And you know, my first week I was sore but not as absolutely feeling-like-death sore as I expected to be. I finally decided that was ok - and I still feel like I'm getting better at it, despite not dying of stiffness.

Pink Hurricane 02-05-2013 11:04 PM

I am adding on an extra week of P90X, so I'm making this week (which is my 3rd) my 2nd week since I was dealing with that funky ankle injury my first and second week. I feel a lot more confident to exercise to my full potential now!

WTF Moose 02-25-2013 12:45 PM

I just started my very first day of the P90x today! It took me all weekend to mentally make myself get up in the morning and just do it, which I find to be the hardest thing. I also felt like a beached whale while doing AB Ripper X. Now I'm off to stock up at the grocery store with fruits and veggies :) I hope you guys are still on track and sticking with it :)

Loseit 02-27-2013 01:49 PM

Can I join in? I have been doing p90x lean for three weeks and then fell off the wagon!!! I would like to get back on!!!
My2cats, i also like second half of yoga..i am sure I do look funny trying to do all the poses, but it gets better everytime!! First half is kina boring and repititive..time is a big constraint for me... So i do miss a day or two...but then i try to make up whenever possible... Usually do an extra Plyometrics here and there... I used to feel that my tummy fat is stubborn... But i can feel difference already... May be muscle toning... But it feels good!!!
Just did day 1...core!!

WTF Moose 02-28-2013 03:12 AM

Awesome Loseit! Glad to have you join! I'll still be checking in daily :) Tuesdays and Wednesdays are currently my worst days. I always have tons of homework due and class start early. So getting up extra early to work out after stay up late to do homework is like death! I successfully managed to get up yesterday which was my birthday and exercised as a gift to myself. But this morning I was so exhausted after having class from 9am til 10pm on Tuesday, I couldn't bring myself to do it. Not to mention the soreness is starting to set in! But I'm determined to wake up and just do it tomorrow! Pick up on the day I left off. I'm starting to think I should sleep in my exercise clothes so it will motivate me more. I hope you're going strong into day 2/3 :)

Loseit 02-28-2013 03:51 PM

WTF Moose, belated happy birthday! Wow, exercising on ur bday!! I guess most of us wud use bday as an excuse to not exercise and to binge eat!! Thats really inspiring!
Just did day 2.. Cardio x. Tomorrow is shoulders/ab ripper.. Might squeeze plyo in..

WTF Moose 02-28-2013 06:01 PM

Thanks Loseit! :) Congrats on getting through day 2! I just did shoulders and arms today! It wasn't too bad, if you squeeze plyo in, oh man! Good on you! I did Plyo two days ago for the first time and it's super rough. I was tired half way through but kept on trucking :(

I'm still a resistance band noob and I'm having a tough time quickly make a loop to step on. Not to mention AB Ripper is still leaving me feeling like a beached whale :) I'm looking forward to yoga tomorrow and I need to make sure I take my measurements.