Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/288/200

Height: 6'2

Default Rowing

Hi there! I'm hoping I'm not the only one out there who is using rowing as the exercise of choice to reach goal. Anyone else? I have a concept 2 and am planning on using the uk interactive weight loss plan. Hope to hear from someone else soon!
LosersWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #2  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I have a Concept2 as well... And I love it! I haven't had it for very long... I've just discovered indoor rowing, so right now I've just been using it when I'm hanging out watching tv instead of just sitting around... Running is my main thing... But it's great for a change of pace... I haven't checked out the Concept2 online community yet, but it looks pretty active... I know people have "races" against each other and there are all sorts of challenges that you can take part in as well... It looks like a lot of fun and definitely very motivating...

I started a thread here awhile back... "Indoor Rowing" but it didn't get much traction... which really is too bad, because I think people would really like it if they tried it... Definitely great for weight loss and a great overall body workout as well...

Sorry if I sound like a bit of a fanatic... but it really is my new "favorite" piece of cardio equipment... Well, except maybe for my treadmill workstation/computer desk... But that's a whole nother story...

Happy rowing...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/288/200

Height: 6'2

I am right there with you! I love LOVE it. My goal weight indulgence is going to be sculling boat. There is a big group near where I live and a place to do it on the water. I was looking into getting Row Pro, which is the racing software.. but I just can't bring myself to shell out the money for it currently. Hence why I'm going to start with the UK weightloss plan and then probably transfer over to the Pete Plan.

I wish I could run, but I am just to heavy at the moment and it really hurts my knees. Plus the snow and ice could just be a disaster. Hoping I can row enough off that I can alternate between running and rowing. I'm trying to make the switch in my job, and it requires a running test, and a lot of running when I get hired as well. 5 miles on the second day!

I know rowing and running are completely different, but I guess I'm just hoping that my lung capacity/endurance and cardio increases enough to make running only slightly miserable instead of completely miserable.
LosersWin is offline   Reply With Quote