Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:35 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Today I completed... drum roll please!... Level 1, Day 1, Circuit 1 ! Yes, that's right, I'm taking this a circuit at a time. Which is good, because the partial circuit 1 I did a few days ago? Yeah, I'm still hurting from that. I've never wanted to live in a single story house so badly!!

I'm doing this with my mom, and I told her instead of the 30 Day Shred, we're doing the 90 Day Tear (I couldn't think of anything catchier ) Either way, progress is being made!

When I did a partial circuit 1, I was ready to die at the situps. I still hate situps, but I got through them. Hopefully I will be able to walk tomorrow!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/136

Height: 5"7

Hello all!
(I'm a newbie)

I just started the 30-day shred yesterday - my word the arm exercises are difficult!
I don't struggle with the cardio so much... but a few reps of the arms and I feel the burn! I'm a little sore from yesterday - which I think is a good thing.

I'm about to try it for the second time... owwwie!
PinkWaterfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:06 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 188/188/100

Height: 4'11"

I haven't posted in here before, but I am on level 1 day 4. I am trying to do it every day, but it looks like 4x a week, so kind of every other day. I'll try harder next week to do it every day.

My biggest struggle is getting through the cardio. But today, I got through 80% of it (small victory for me ;3). Strength isn't too big of deal, I actually ended up upgrading my 3 lb weights (I really don't know how much they weigh actually, they don't say) to 8 lb weights. I can do 8 lbs in most of the strength exercises, but I can't do the 8 lbs through all of the bicep curls, so I switch back to the lighter ones.

I also started trying to plug in all the data into the myfitnesspal, since everyone here seems to be raving about it. I put 30DS into "aerobic, general" and burn 250 calories in 30 minutes. So yeah, I'll check back here later
tiawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:42 AM   #94  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Level 1 Day 8 done! Using weights has certainly added to the challenge, and I'm looking forward to two more attempts to really push myself before moving on to newer and scarier things!

Penmage good for you! I once tried this when I was in much worse shape and just gave up, be proud of sticking at it!

Pinkwaterfwll I'm the same, OK with cardio, find the strength parts much more challenging! I did the first five days without weights, and adding them in has really made a difference!

Tiawyn Hi, I also wasn't sure about doing it everyday, but 8 days in and it's become habit to work out a way to fit it in each day, I now really hope to get to the end without missing a day, but we'll see!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #95  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

I've done Level 1 for 11 days, consecutively except for one day - too much life interfered. And darn if that Jillian was right; the routine has gotten easier. So I have followed up with Level 2 in addition to Level 1 the past two days to push myself. Funny, the first week I hated the jumprope parts, but now I'll take jumprope all day long over the plank jacks and plank squats!

Anyway, keep at it and you will get stronger - just do what you can and try for a little more each time through.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 220/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Ha, so I THOUGHT I was doing the 30 Day Shred, but in fact was doing Ripped in 30 - which was making me completely miserable. Almost unable to walk the day after L1D1.
After I figured out my mistake I got the actual 30 Day Shred and started it today. What a relief! I mean, it's still challenging, but does not make me want to weep. And I got through a whole circuit for once.

Guess I will save Ripped in 30 for after I complete the shred successfully.

I should have figured it out reading this post, when you guys talked about jumping jacks. There were no jumping jacks in Ripped in 30 L1, so I figured they must be coming in L2 or something. Ha.
alidalinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 188/188/100

Height: 4'11"

@alidalinc: Yeah, I think it's a good idea to save the Ripped in 30 after completing the 30 day shred. I think I'll try ripped after 30DS too

Completed L1D5. Every day it gets easier. Still hate the jump rope part. Did all the jumping jacks though!
tiawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:56 AM   #98  

I was also thinking about ripped in 30 after this one, hoping it'll be doable by then!

Level one Dy 9 done! My least favourite day so far, I was in a bad mood, tired and achy after a super busy day yesterday and not enough sleep. I started it and was so close to quitting to do it later, but I gave myself a good talking to and then got on and did it. Felt good to have won the battle of wills (albeit with myself!) But I really didn't enjoy it!

Hoping for a better session tomorrow, I don't want to leave level one on a low!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #99  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Jumping in here...I decided to do the Shred to jumpstart my routine after a few weeks of interruptions. I'm also moving soon, so I'm busy with that and can't really contemplate any hour+ exercise sessions.

Yesterday was my first day at level 1. Some parts went well, some like the squat coupled with pushing up your arms just killed me. I was surprised how fast the time flew by. I guess I didn't have much time to think trying to keep up with the circuits. But I'm definitely feeling it this morning. I think the only part of me that isn't sore is from the neck up, my feet, and my calved. Everything else...ouch!
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #100  

Just completed L1D3 - two days late, but I'm still in there! I'm finding it markedly easier already, especially the abs and cardio exercises.

Pinkwaterfall - I am COMPLETELY with you on the strength exercises! I find them so, so difficult - and I'm only using 5lb weights. Still, I keep reassuring myself that I'll have some nice, relaxing cardio to look forward to after I'm done with them!
littlegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 191/171/153 now 185/185/155

I didn't work out yesterday. I drove a total of 6 hours to drop my son off at college. I will get back to working out today.
ImImportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 220/211/140

Height: 5'6"

L1D2 went pretty well. This seems like a program I can stick to.
takingcontrol, tiawyn, anyone, hopefully next month we can start a Ripped in 30 thread!
alidalinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #103  

Excuse this rant. I need to vent. As you all know I have been working the Shred daily. Yesterday I didn't work out because I took my son to school 3 hours away. Tonight I am working late. I am stressed out and want to go home. I have an early morning meeting tomorrow. I am worn out. I have been on plan all day, mostly fruit because that is what I have been craving. Now that I know I might be in the office most of the night, my hunger just kicked in and I went out to get fast food because it is the only quick easy thing to do in the area. I would have eaten at home or brought dinner in with me if I had gotten off in time or had known that there was a possibility of a late night. Why didn't she tell me earlier today that she wanted this project done? It doesn't help that it looks like my TOM is coming. I wanted to work out! I might go in the conference room and do the workout in my work clothes on my iPad.

I'm a calorie counter. I just entered my fast food as 1100 calories because it seems that it was a bit bigger than usual. So, I'm going in the conference room now to work out. She can't stop me from getting my workout in.

I did it. I completed the workout. L2D5 complete!

Last edited by ImImportant; 01-14-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #104  

ImImportant Your work schedule sounds insane, (((hugs))) well done you on fitting the workout in anyway. And a note to me, never ever use being 'too busy' an excuse, you've proved that's never the case!

Alidalinc Sounds good, the more threads I have to keep me on track the better!

littlegreen I'm another one who finds the strength by far and away the hardest parts, but I'll be doing level 1 day 10 tody and it really has got more bearable!

Atmos in the beginning, the ache is insane! It does calm down after a few days of pain!

OK, so today is my least day on level one, and I@m feeling kind of sentimental about it!! 'Saving it' until this evening when I won't be in a rush and can really give it my all. Then tomorrow it'll be onto level 2, eeeekkkkk!

I'm also hoping to begin C25K tomorrow too, starting from week 3 ish, hoping I can work a way to fit both programs into my schedule.

Keep shreding everyone
Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #105  

Thanks takingcontrol.
My work day is 8 to 4. Due to procrastination (not my own) I have been at work 12 hours already. The workout really relieved my stress and calmed me down.