3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Insanity Anyone? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/266467-insanity-anyone.html)

MsModelSara 09-18-2012 10:26 AM

Insanity Anyone?

I haven't been on this site in forever it seems! I am almost through round 1 of Insanity, and I was wondering if anyone over here is actively doing it? Or any other BeachBody workout? I am thinking I'll do a P90X/Insanity hybrid after a 2-3 week rest period.

If anyone is doing a round, or thinking about doing one, has any questions for me - I'd be happy to chat it up! I am about 6.5 lbs away from my goal weight for round one. I told myself I wanted to get below 200 lbs. I started at 222.8 on 8/6/12...and I'm so close!!! I have 2 1/2 weeks left, so I have my work cut out for me! :-)

Pink Hurricane 09-18-2012 10:36 AM

I am on day 2 of the Lean P90X program. I'm just so ready to reach my goals and I know P90X will help get me into gear. I really really want to try Insanity I just do not have the money to get the program right now. So I figured after I successfully complete the full 90 day cycle of P90X I will reward myself with Insanity. Also, congrats on being so close to your next goal! :cheer2::congrat:

MsModelSara 09-18-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane (Post 4472066)
I am on day 2 of the Lean P90X program. I'm just so ready to reach my goals and I know P90X will help get me into gear. I really really want to try Insanity I just do not have the money to get the program right now. So I figured after I successfully complete the full 90 day cycle of P90X I will reward myself with Insanity. Also, congrats on being so close to your next goal! :cheer2::congrat:

Fantastic! It can be hard to motivate yourself to even start these workouts - they are SO hard! haha And thank you :-D

mescelestus 09-18-2012 11:31 AM

I am 2 1/2 weeks into insanity, I am currently 210, my goal is to get to 195ish by the end of the second month. I am now beginning to supplement with some running on the treadmill too. And When I'm done with Insanity, I plan to move on to asylum.

mscoppertop 09-19-2012 05:47 AM

My story is almost exactly the same. Im also about 2 1/2 weeks into the first round of insanity and about 206lbs. I am just aching to get to Onederland. literally. heh

MsModelSara 09-20-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mescelestus (Post 4472152)
I am 2 1/2 weeks into insanity, I am currently 210, my goal is to get to 195ish by the end of the second month. I am now beginning to supplement with some running on the treadmill too. And When I'm done with Insanity, I plan to move on to asylum.

Be careful to not over train yourself. Insanity is more than enough to lose weight and firm up (IMO) without adding extra cardio. Especially when you get to the 2nd month - it's basically 60 minutes of non-stop go go go. Wouldn't want to get any over use injuries! :-(

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscoppertop (Post 4473035)
My story is almost exactly the same. Im also about 2 1/2 weeks into the first round of insanity and about 206lbs. I am just aching to get to Onederland. literally. heh

I feel you! I think I'm almost out of the aches in my hips and legs from being too big for my frame. It's amazing what taking 30 lbs off can do for your bones. I literally used to limp to the bathroom when first getting up in the morning. I only ever feel soreness in joints and bones when first starting my workouts now.

We can do this!! :-) Just keep showing up and pressing play - and don;t forget to DIG DEEP!!

sensualappeal 09-22-2012 04:49 PM

I completed p90x 2 years ago and I completed ChaLEAN extreme in may (or something like that) and I loved both but I liked ChaLEAN better because it's more suited for women. I did a month of insanity 2 years ago too but it nearly killed me haha, I'm thinking about adding some random Insanity workouts to my current workout schedule though instead of cardio on elliptical or running.