Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 271/219/145

Height: 5'9"

So far doing the speed/hill workouts has felt fine. This morning I ran 10 miles and didn't make it back in time to do the speed workout. Most of the people on my running team are not doing the long run first. It's a practical thing for me. The two workouts happen to be on the same day and I have a choice whether or not to do them.

Right now here is my workout schedule:

Monday -- strength
Tuesday -- 3 mile run with running team, 45 minutes indoor cycling class, 3 mile walk (I'd love to drop the walk, but the dog needs it)
Wednesday -- 5 mile run, strength
Thursday -- 3 mile run with running team, 45 minute indoor cycling class, 3 mile walk
Friday -- strength
Saturday -- rest
Sunday -- long run (currently 10 miles), sometimes speed or hills as well
defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #32  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

Cherry Great job on your long run!
Defensonator :you keep such a busy scedule I am sure you are going to have GREAT payoffs
Binge keep on keeping on
Spritix I tried the run walk thing when I started and we are all different,it seemed to tire me out more I just picked a slow pace and kept it going and just kept picking the pace up and adding distance,But I know foor most the walk and run thing works best,just have good shoes and a good bra.
Krampas Great run man what a drag on the keys,you are not the 1st person I have heard that happen to!

Last edited by devadiva; 09-17-2012 at 08:54 AM.
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #33  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
I am so excited to report that I ran my longest run ever today - 12 miles in 1:41:39!! I felt GREAT!!
That is long and fast! Congratulations!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #34  
Training for life!

8.1 in the alphalfa flats today in between hunting seasons so thought I would take advantage....Been looking for a Half Marathon to sign up for but they are all on pavement..I found one on a trail on a river{down hill} on the other side of the state BUT its on a bad weekend we have big plans to get away and my hubby really needs it DON"T want to ask him to change! AND it like Oct.13 not much time to bump up those extra 5 miles...been doing 8 pretty regularly.

Last edited by devadiva; 09-17-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:20 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

Managed to run 10 kilometres for the first time ever today. It took 1 hour and 20 minutes.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #36  

Good job, Amy!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #37  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Congrats Cherry - that's really long!
Defens - nice work with your training runs.
Good job Amy!
Deva- Nice job w/ the inclines! That's incredible!

Ran 4.5 miles last night - about 8:55/mile. I started outside and made it about 2 miles until the heavens OPENED -I would have kept going but I was worried about my iPhone, so I ran to my gym and finished another 2.5 on the treadmill. I have a 10k race this weekend...then next weekend, my FIRST half marathon - getting nervous!!
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Everyone is doing so great!

Your first 1/2, lm - how exciting!!!

Ran 6 at lunch today - temp was about 57 and it was sunny. I miss the heat!!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #39  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

It's great to read everybody's posts... I really like the positive energy here...

I'm having some trouble this last 2 weeks getting motivated to go out and hit the trails.... so I've been doing my running workouts in the pool... just strap on the aquajogger belt and jump in... I actually did the majority of my workouts training this way once before when I got injured preparing for a marathon... so even though it's less than ideal, I know I can make it work....

I think if I keep on checking in here... I'll get my mojo back and be eager to get back out there... So that's my plan... but for right now, It's time to go jump in the pool....
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #40  
Training for life!

Having issue with my Vestibular tumor {I think} anyways having my syptoms feeling dizzy alot the last couple of days worked my regular shift,but skiped my weight training-tabata class last night. Did run 3.6 this morning slightly slower than usual. Have a race of sorts tommarro a 5k where my husband works at the local Indian Reservation they are having a Pow wow this weekend. Also tonight and tommarro night I am working the FREE dinners for them 100 to 200 people. Hope this dizzy thing subsides I DON"T HAVE TIME FOR IT!!!!

Last edited by devadiva; 09-22-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #41  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I've just started doing some running and reading your posts has been really inspirational, so a quick thanks from me!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #42  

I skipped a workout for the first time in months this week -- Didn't do my running/cycling/running bit on Tuesday because I was too sick with a head cold and it was *pouring* outside. I just couldn't face it at 5:30 in the morning. Finally feel mostly better today.

I'm trucking along with doing my strength training. One thing I've noticed is that my lower abs are really, really weak and that my upper abs and back are really strong which has allowed me to just ignore the weakness in the lower abs. But now that I'm working out more, I'm noticing some difference in my posture that is positive and may even be helping with my running.

Ran 5 miles this morning, pretty slowly. I think I need to run a race to remind myself that I can run fast. Maybe a 5k in a week or two. 10 miles again tomorrow!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #43  
Training for life!

Ran my race this morning and won second it was a 5k 1st place was a young retired marine working towards the boston marathon he did it in 20. I did it in 30.15 alot of it was on pavement which as I keep saying I don't do and I think it was shy a few feet of being the full 5.k but my garmin was messing up OF COURSE! There wern't many people in the runbut feel pretty special any hoo!!! As I said it was for the local Pauite Pow wow and it went through thier lands this one area, that was dirt section looked liked the dead animal area there was all kinds of dead carcasses thankfully nothing fresh {we have a lot of cattle in this area} but rather amusing little side note!

Last edited by devadiva; 09-22-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #44  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Hey ladies! I'm so thrilled that the monthy running thread is still alive and well! Way to go!

I'm just popping in to say hello! I'm plugging along, been battling injuries and doing a little PT, but I won't bore you with all of that, I'm still running and although it's been rough with the injuries and the BRUTAL summer we've had here I'm still loving it as always. I'm running a half in two weeks and another in November, hoping for a sub 2, but my pace has been some to be desired this summer...and depending how I feel after that I'm debating on the running the LA Marathon again in March. We'll see...may have to pass on it and give the legs a break.

I think the most exciting news is I've FINALLY inspired my husband and he took up cycling and has lost 40lbs and agreed to my challenge of a Tri next fall! I'm looking forward to the idea of splitting up my year to be marathon training in the winter/spring and tri training in the summer/fall. Think that will be great for keeping my body happy.

I took a second job for professional enrichment as a professor at a local college and that's got me on my toes.

I also stopped calorie counting a month or so ago and while I'm still up from my lowest weight I am maintaining and celebrated 2 years of maintenance in July. But the battle of the deprevation binge cylce is almost under control by listening to my bodies hunger and craving cues. By no means am I cured, but I'm a lot closer than I've been in the past.

Well that about it for me. Hope you all are doing fabulous! Happy running!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #45  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Ladies! Sounds like everyone had a good weekend!

Deva - congrats on your race!! Second place is AWESOME! I also had some dizzy spells lately - my doc has been doing blood work but can't pinpoint anything specific - I hope you get well soon.

Defense - there is something going around - last week I didn't feel great & I woke up this morning to a clogged nose & super sore throat. Hope you are feeling better - sometimes rest is BEST...

Ncuneo - welcome back! Hope everything is healing as you wanted it and good luck getting back into your half - I have my first on Saturday and I am officially freaking out LOL.

Ran my last race before my half on Sat- I was near the Jersey Shore for a wedding so I signed up for a boardwalk charity 10k so I wouldn't waste the weekend w/out working out. I ended up with a new personal best! 52:25. My previous personal best 10k time was 53:58 so I saw a big difference! The last one was hillier but shadier so who knows for sure.
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote