Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 12:43 AM   #91  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello PowerGirls!

Thanks for the great welcome. Day Five in the books today. Was a little winded when I was done with it, but felt good getting through with all the exercises. I just love doing the weights.

Was considering getting the bands, but I'm not sure how they will work. Any input? I love my dumbbells. I have them up to 10 pounds, and am working the 5 pounds now. I think I will give that two weeks or so and then move up to my 8 pounders. You guys are probably all up to a higher weight, but I wanted to go under what I knew I could do so I could have something to work up to.

Got on the scale and was a little disappointed that I had only lost one pound, but in all honestly, it was probably more than that. I haven't weighed in about a month, so I am sure I was higher, but that was the last weight I knew.

CoachWife: I am right there with you on the junk food. Let me tell you what finally did it for me. I was sitting on the couch last weekend eating peanut butter cups and saw a reflection of myself in the mirror. I saw my double chin and I just felt horrible. I could not believe I was this heavy and was fueling my body with crap. So, since last Saturday I haven't had anything sweet, minus one day and two mini pbutter cups, and I feel so much better. I hear you on the junk food stuff, though!

Susanne: I guess we are on the same day, or within one day of each other. That's really good for me, because I know someone else is out there right where I am!

Miki: Wow, twice in one day? I would be afraid of overdoing it, but congrats to you. Just be careful to do too much too fast. That's a mistake I've made several times. There always seems to be something that gets in the way for me. The day before I started P90 I fell over on my bike with my son. I was bruised up and scraped up with a sore ankle, but I pushed play and felt so much better for doing so. I am still hurting, but feeling better now that I almost have a week under my belt!

Are you guys taking Saturdays or Sundays off? I am thinking Sundays for me. That's usually my lazy day.

Check in later!

Chach
Old 06-07-2003, 07:44 AM   #92  
Peace with body and soul

Hi Power girls! I wondered if any of you have tried the Slim Series from BB?? I just ordered it and then I saw this group, so I thought I'd ask.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:31 AM   #93  

Hey fellow PowerGirls!
Day 20....not doing so hot. Trying to start my Saturday off right though. Got my protein this morning and am going to try to cardio this evening. (I have company this weekend and can't exercise in the mornings with them here! )
Hello MINDI! I have not tried the Slim in 6 series, but I have heard that it is EXCELLENT for fat burning. Stay with us and let us know how you like it, okay?

CHACHEE-Congrats on day 5! Just to give my personal views on the dumbbells vs bands: I use the dumbbells mainly because with the bands, you never really get the same resistance. I like having the same amount of weight every time I sculpt because I know when I'm progressing! Also, I flipped myself with the end of one of those bands and I had a bruise the size of a baseball! And the junkfood... I know what you're saying. I do well one day, but then a few days later, I get the sweet cravings, or the salty cravings, and I blow it again. I just need to learn self discipline which has ALWAYS been hard for me when it comes to food....You keep coming back to give me support, okay?

Miki, I agree with chachee...take it easy on those 2-a-days! Would hate to see you get burnt out! But if you can do it and are enjoying it, then POWER ON!! I may get there some day...(can't imagine what year that would be though...hahaha)

Sanne, I didn't realize you had started over until I went back and read the posts! Good for you for not giving up!

Oh...and CHACHEE...one more thing: Remember what they say at beachbody. Don't rely on the scales for progress. Definitely keep a record of your measurements! That tells the REAL story!

Okay, have a happy Saturday girls! Sundays are suppose to be my rest day....Now I have to stop resting on the other days too... :O
Ciao for now, ladies!
KPP!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2003, 03:56 PM   #94  

Wow...Our "Power Girl" club is growing Welcome Mindi!! The more, the merrier! I havent personally tried the Slim seriers either but have only read positive comments about it.

I'm still not over my sore throat but I did manage to get in my thigh workout this morning. I just couldnt stand to miss a day. I am going to try to get to town today to get more weights. All I have at the moment is 3lbs and I dont feel I'm accomplishing much with those. I want to try 5 for awhile then ease up to more. I havent tried the bands but I feel like I'd do better sticking with the weights.

About 2 weeks ago I had FINALLY gotten under the 200 lb mark..just barely at 199 but still under. I have been discouraged since then tho because it keeps fluctuating as far up as 205. Even yesterday it was 201 but this morning, I was at 197!! I weighed 4 times to be sure it was for real..even made hubby come read the scale for me.. My goal of 160 is actually kinda feeling reachable.

Since I started the PowerHalfHour tapes the day they arrived, a Friday, my rest days end up being Thursday. So I still have to workout on the weekends.

Well, gotta run. Having a family get-together later to grill hamburgers..yummmy! Talk to ya'll later..everybody keep up the good work!

MIKI
Old 06-07-2003, 07:48 PM   #95  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Ladies,

I was going to take Sunday as my rest day, but the way today is shaping up, today will need to be my rest day. I've been on the go since this morning and it hasn't stopped yet. I have about two hours before I need to leave for a bridal shower and I still need to do two loads of laundry, dishes, cook dinner, give my son a bath and get ready. I am thinking the 35 minute cardio/ab workout will be better tomorrow because I know in my mind I would be rushing through it today. I want to be able to concentrate on the movements and getting through it, minus the jacks, and know I gave 100%. So, I believe tomorrow will be my cardio/ab workout.

CoachWife: Thanks for the info on the bands. I was worried about snapping myself with those. Heehee. I think I will stick to my dumbbells since I have them up to 10 pounds. I don't think I'll make it over that amount in the first 90 days. I did have a slice of pizza today, but only had oatmeal for bfast and a pear for a snack. Pretty good, considering I just had the craving. I think it's better to have a little when you are craving something bad, because I will binge on it if I wait too long.

Mindi: Welcome. I haven't heard anything about the Slim in 6 series. Posts look that it's pretty good, though.

Miki: Congrats on the loss. I think I might wait until the first thirty days are up to weigh. I get too depressed if I get on the scales and nothing shows. I already feel the loss on my waist, though, so I am not so concerned.

Okay, ladies, I have a bridal shower tonight and I am going to be good. Maybe a little slice of dessert, and maybe one drink. Nothing too much!

Chach
Old 06-08-2003, 10:56 AM   #96  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Sunday

Good Morning!

I see our Power Gang is growing! WELCOME MINDI!

It's been a couple of days since I got on here! Friday I had a horrible day--no workout AND what I put in my mouth was terrible! Cookies, chips, chocolate, way too many starches and mostly white ones at that. I felt crummy at bedtime. Yesterday, still no workout DS had soccer in the morning and we had friends come over in the afternoon. In between I was cleaning. Eating was a bit better, but still had some chips last night.

Well, it's still kind of early Sunday morning and I'm finished my workout! I was hoping to go up a little in my weights tomorrow, but today the weights felt kind of heavy, so maybe one more day at these weights.

I want to take a page from MIKI's book and do a second workout later. Then I'll be all caught up!

I was showing my friends how I did pushups--I thought they were easy! Well, those wonderful friends and DH pointed out my form was not right! So they corrected me and today when I did the pushups, they were a LOT harder to do.

I love coming here and reading about all of you. It inspires me to keep going!

CHACHEE--I know what you mean about being busy and not being able to get in a workout. We have to just keep going. I re-started the program last week after missing a few days. I don't want to start over again. Weights vs. bands: I use weights. I have band, but I'm afraid it will either snap on me or come back and hit me in the face. I feel I have more control over with the weights. Besides DH was doing weights and we have dumbells from 1-30lbs! I agree that having a little of what you crave is a good idea instead of the big binge later. See what I wrote to MIKI about weight loss.

MIKI--How's the sore throat? Good for you for doing your workout. CONGRATS on the weight loss! I hid my scale for a month. Just remember that the scale may not move like you want because you are going to be building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat (but takes up less room!). In my opinion, the tape measure and the pants-o-meter are better gauges of how you're doing.

COACHSWIFE- You keep going girl! Don't stop now! You're soo close to day 30! It helps me to keep going by seeing how far you've gone. Try not to worry about the junk food. I was bad too. We just have to put it behind us and try our best to do better.

MINDI--Sorry, I don't know about the Slim in 6, but please let us know what you think when you get them!

JACKSONMOM--How are you doing?

Ok ladies, I'm outta here. Gotta get some stuff done and then hopefully get in another workout!
Old 06-08-2003, 03:42 PM   #97  
Peace with body and soul

thanks for the nice welcome ladies.

i'm a video exercise addict! my main loves are the firm and cathe friedrich, because she does gym style weight training, so the slim series will be a different type of program for me, but now and then, change is GOOD!

how much weight training does Power 90 offer?
Old 06-08-2003, 05:26 PM   #98  

Hello everybody.

Well, I havent even gotten in one workout today. I still feel awful. What was just a sore throat is now also a continual runny, stuffy nose. It's driving me crazy because I have so much I want to do. (including my workout) I think it's just sinuses but it's making me miserable. I've only had to work 2 days in the last 2 weeks but of course, now that I feel bad, tomorrow is a day I'm scheduled. Isnt that just my luck?? My throat does feel much better tho.

I did buy some 5 lb weights last nite. I dont think the 3 lb ones were accomplishing much.

I just took some Tylenol Sinus so hopefully this will start clearing up shortly. I really do want to get that workout in but I dont want to get worse and end up missing more than one day for sure. I'll ck in later and let ya'll know how the med worked and whether or not I was able to do my Arms tape.

Miki

PS...I love coming in and finding so many posts!!
Old 06-08-2003, 07:12 PM   #99  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello PowerGirls,

Did get in my Day Six workout today. So, one full week completed, on track and on schedule. Feels so nice!

I did well with the eating last night at the Bridal Shower. I had some apples, pretzels and a couple of chips (maybe 5 at most). Then I had the "top" off a cupcake and threw away the rest. I probably could have foregone the frosting, but I wanted a little of it because it was my favorite--yellow cake and chocolate frosting. Yummy.

I did have two beers, but both were "lite". I came home and drank 32 oz of water, and have had over 64 so far today.

I am fixing turkey breast, green beans, corn, stuffing (for my hubby) and cranberry sauce for dinner. We are moving in about a month into our new home (if it gets finished in time) and we have so much food in our freezer and pantry that I don't want to move. So, it Thanksgiving in June at my house tonight.

Susanne: Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am not going to weigh again until day 30! I will also consult my measurements at that point. I do believe more about fitting into my old clothes that are too tight. I just packed up two boxes of clothes that I can't fit anymore and my goal is to get into those clothes by the end of the year. I should be able to make it.

Miki: Sorry to hear you are feeling ill. I hate HATE hate working out when I am sick. Plus, with sinus crud you can't hardly breathe so it's real tough to work out. Hope you feel better quickly.

Mindi: I think there is enough weight workout with P90. The other ladies here will probably agree with me on that. I also used to do Body for Life, but find this more to my liking. I am also a video addict. Billy Blanks has been my friend for years.

Well, off to cook the turkey. Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Chach
Old 06-08-2003, 09:30 PM   #100  

Well, I did get in the workout afterall believe it or not and I think I actually felt better doing so. It was the Arms tape and I love using the weights on that one.

Chach....your "thanksgiving" dinner sounds yummy. Today it was kinda "fend for yourself and eat whatever you can find"..

Well, just wanted to ck in and let ya'll know I was able to do my workout.

Be back tomorrow...

Miki
Old 06-08-2003, 11:37 PM   #101  

Hey PowerGirls,
Everyone sounds like they're having some good days! I spent the day at a track meet for 5th and 6th graders (it was a fund raiser to promote health and fitness to kids). It was HOT...it was MUGGY...and I had to stand all day...(UGH) I was the "official photographer" so I did alot of walking around. I know that if I had not been working out for the last 3 weeks, I would never have made it. I would have petered out in the first hour, I'm sure.
Anyway, now for role call...
SUSANNE-As I said before, I didn't realize until the other day that you had started over, but I'm SO glad you did! Would hate to lose ya! I think we all have that wonderful junk-food-craving thing going on...I'm just glad i'm not alone in having to fight it off!
MIKI-Glad you're feeling a little better! Gotta watch those workouts while you're sick...the body's trying to fight off the bug, so ya don't wanna take away from it, ya know? You are quite the dedicated lady! I need to be more like you with the self discipline.
CHACHEE-Congrats on your full week of workouts! I know my first full week felt AWESOME. I actually felt like I accomplished something for a change (with my health anyway). By the way...when you inviting the gang over for dinner???? Turkey...stuffing....uuummmmmm...... :
MINDI-I'm right there with ya, sweetheart! Love those exercise tapes! I have a full library and still have a big ol' butt.... haha
I have the FIRM tapes (I actually have the very first 3 that came out 15 years ago or so!!!) Tae Boe...Walk away the pounds....Tamilee Webb tapes (Buns of steel...Abs of steel...thighs of steel...) I got 'em all I think! But I will be the first to say there is something different about the beachbody tapes...I guess we will see!!
JACKSONMOM---Hope ya stay with us!!!
Okay, it's 11:30pm Sunday night...time for me to get some ZZZZZ's!!!
Have a good Monday ladies
Ciao
Old 06-09-2003, 07:11 AM   #102  
"I'm working on it!"

Talking Good Morning Power People

Hey Everyone!

Well, I didn't get in my 2nd workout yesterday. BUT we did go bike riding as a family for about an hour after dinner, so I think that counts for something. I haven't been on my bike in 10 years!!!!! It's been in the shed since we moved here. I have to clean it off today. DH just pumped up the tires, but it's covered in cobwebs (didn't have time to clean it last night).

Well, I think I lost about 5 pounds yesterday--I got my hair all chopped off!!!! It was a couple of inches below my shoulders and now it's just a little bit below my ears!

Now REALLY, I DO have GREAT news! I had bought some skorts a few weeks back. I could barely squeeze into them--like it was REALLY difficult to get the zipper done up and there was no way I would be able to wear them for any length of time. (I REFUSED to buy the bigger size!!! ) Yesterday I tried them on and the zipper went up pretty easy! I still couldn't wear it for a great length of time, but it fit a lot better. So I say "THIS PROGRAM WORKS!!!" I've even had some really bad eating but it seems like the pants-o-meter is showing improvement.

KRISTIN--That's wonderful that your stamina has gotten better! You're not even at day 30 yet, but your health has improved! That's Isn't it amazing to realize the changes that are being made? We'll get those cravings licked soon! I just felt I had to start over cause I had too many days without working out. But I'm seeing myself not wanting to miss a workout now!

MIKI--Sorry you're still not feeling well. I agree with COACHSWIFE--don't overdo it when you're sick-your body needs the energy to heal. So you might have to keep it down to just ONE workout a day I'm really proud of you for getting in your workout yesterday! Did you use the 5 pounders? How did that go?

CHACHEE--HOORAY! for you for getting in your first week! I guess we're at the same place now. Your eating at the shower doesn't sound too bad. Don't beat yourself up over it. It will take time for us to undo the bad habits and replace them with good ones. Your turkey dinner sounds de-lish! You can add me to the dinner guest list!

MINDI--I have a drawer full of exercise videos too! I found a lot of them that I couldn't do very well--a lot of dance type steps and I"m NOT co-ordinated! But like COACHSWIFE, I find there's something different about these Power 90 videos. Maybe it's because you're not doing any one move for a great length of time. The half hour just seems to go soooo fast and is enjoyable. I like the weight training in Power 90. I like that someone else is telling me what to do and when. I was trying to do Body for Life at home last year, but I like doing the Power 90 better.

JACKSONMOM--How was your weekend? Let us know how you're doing!

Ok, I better get going and get the little guy ready for school.

Hope you all have a POWERful day!
Old 06-09-2003, 10:40 AM   #103  
Peace with body and soul

Oh I hate that dancy stuff too! and I REALLY HATE step areobics!!!!!!!!

but I also love Taebo..its really the only kind of cardio that doesn't bore me to death. lol

Should have Slim Series waiting for me tonite...fingers crossed!
Old 06-09-2003, 02:55 PM   #104  
"I'm working on it!"

Exclamation WHEW!

Just finished my cardio! Doing that power yoga I actually yelled at the TV "I hate you Tony!". But really I love him for working me so hard! It feels so good afterward.

MINDI-- Here's hoping you get your program today!

Gotta cool down before getting the little guy from school. Hope you're all having a POWER day!
Old 06-09-2003, 05:00 PM   #105  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hello PowerGirls. Sounds like we are all doing good! Dinner was good, and I only had one plateful of food. It's wasn't even really a full plate. Then we went to the post office, ran our errands, came back home and went swinging in the park and for a walk around the pond. It was nice.

Put the little man down for a nap so I can now do my workout. He loves to jump on my back when I am doing the push ups. Makes it kinda tough.

Miki: Glad you are feeling better. Hooray for keeping on track when you are under the weather.

Coach: Good for you on the fitness outing. I'm so glad you were able to make it the entire time. Isn't amazing how we can do things now that we couldn't just a short while ago? I packed up my clothes that were too tight, but kept two pairs of shorts and a pair of jeans down that I am hoping to fit into before my vacation in August.

Susanne: Excellent on the skorts! Isn't that great? My biggest indication that I am losing is how my clothes are/aren't fitting. Like I told Coach, I am hoping to get into some short and jeans that I could wear two years ago but not since then. In two or three more weeks you'll need a belt for them!

Mindi: I hear you on the step aerobics. Those could go away forever as far as I am concerned!

Well, off to do Circuit 1-2 and then go to work.

Have a great day.

Chach
Closed Thread