Butts

• So, I come from a long line of nice round booties. However, since I have packed on the pounds my butt is nothing like it used to be. I see plenty of women my size who still have round bottoms but mine just looks flat. It definitely wasn't this way before I packed on the pounds. Do you think it was just meant to be this way or would gaining weight have this effect? I don't see how that would be possible though.

My real question though is, can squats help build a rounder, big booty? I am committed to losing this weight and if I am exercising, I figure I might as well work towards my ideal body.

Thanks,
  • YES! Weight training will reshape your backside .
  • I second, ValRock! I've been doing Body Pump classes (weight lifting using adjustable weight set to music tracks) for the last month and a half and have yoga pants on today. Not only has my bottom started to be reshaped, it actually looks "lifted". Honestly, my whole body is leaner. It excites me to think about what heavy lifting will do for it and my body if and when I move to truly heavy lifting as some of the ladies on 3fc.
  • I have always had a flat butt, and the changes to my booty since I started heavy squats are un-freaking-believable. I *never* thought I'd like my butt, but I'm so proud of it!
  • I am hoping this will be the case for me. Since I lost weight again, my butt got deflated. I'm amping up my weighted squats, lunges and deadlifts. We will see what happens. Because right now, the only thing I am experiencing is trouble walking, moving, and sitting on the can.
  • It's a lot of work to get a nice round booty, but it's worth it.
  • Thanks so much!
    I really would love to have my old shape back but I know that is no guarantee. I am very big right now, should I go ahead and start the booty exercises now, wait til almost goal, at goal, what?

Thanks again.
  • It's never to early to start heavy lifting . If you can handle a squat, it's a great exercise! Check out some videos on Youtube to make sure your form is good, and get to it! I'm weird, I LOVE weighted squats.
  • Hmm, maybe I should start doing some squats with weight. My GRANDMOTHER commented to my mom the other day on how I have no butt now!