Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 09:56 AM   #16  

I'll tell you one thing, I sure didn't post a 3:20AM like the timestamp says.

MinyMony: Wouldn't you know it, the ONE time I don't save my post as I'm typing... bah! I forgot to reply that, yes, I've also heard that you do need a certain amount of healthy fats in your diet for health + digestive reasons -- that some nutrients are best absorbed when accompanied by a little fat.

zookeeper: Congrats on the Advanced Tae-Bo! That stuff is HARD!
I love the accompanying photo w/your post -- how did you get that to come up? Did you post a link in your "member title" section?

MarvinTM: 3 cheers for your Great Day! I love days like that, when everything feels "on track" & you feel like you could conquer the world! Here's to more great days ahead!
I'm also considering switching over to fitday exclusively -- it's just a lot more comprehensive, and frankly easier to use.
About the Smilies -- I miss being able to look them up easily too (although in all other respects, I prefer the new board). I found the legend under "help" -- here's a link directly to it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/misc...on=showsmilies

In my news, despite my fears that I wouldn't even get in one more workout this week, DH was held up at work (which usually upsets me) so I had time to fit in a workout! Yay! I did Firm Basics Sculpting w/Weights and used my new 8lb dumbells (a treat from DH for sticking to my workouts for a month) on the upper body sections that use "medium-to-heavy" weights instead of my usual 5lbs. Youch! It certainly makes a difference, I'll tell you that! Hello muscle exhaustion!
I also walked the extra 10 blocks to the farther subway stop on my commute home, because I was afraid I wasn't going to get in a workout -- every little bit helps! And it has to, because I'm not doing well at all as an "Everyday Exerciser" this week! Only 2 workouts so far, + I'm going out to dinner tonight so won't have time for a third!
Old 03-08-2001, 11:10 AM   #17  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Default Another great one!

Hey all! I had another good day yesterday, between my morning walk, and Curves in the afternoon. I was soooooo tired last night though! I could hardly keep my eyes open!

Copperblu! Thanks so much for the recipe! (Guess what we're having tonight?) And thanks for typing it twice! I've never lost a post before, but I can see where it would be very aggravating Thanks for the smilies too! I missed them!

And don't worry about missing your workouts ~ just fit it in whereever you can, and feel good about the little things you fit in!

Zookeeper Wow! Advanced TaeBo! I can't even do the very beginners stuff! You must be proud of your accomplishment, cause I know that I am proud for you!

Mini Neat little trick for the cut&paste thing! Now if only I could remember to actually do it!

OK, one more smiley! looks cute, so I'll try him!

Have a good one, girls!
Marvin
Old 03-08-2001, 03:56 PM   #18  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Copperblu - First you have edit a picture of yourself down to 60x60 pixels. My digicam software was able to do that (I couldn't find that option in MS PictureIt!). I think most photo editting software has this option. Save that picture. Then go up into your profile here, and chose Edit Options (I believe thats what its called) and down at the bottom there is a place to add whats called an avatar. Browse through your files, find your 60x60 pixel picture and add it there. Hope this helps.

Lisa
Old 03-08-2001, 05:37 PM   #19  
Crazy Babe

Hi I'm back. I have actually been here all week but the new server wouldn't allow me to post - kept telling me I hadn't used a recognised thread or something like that.

Copperblu-I'm looking forward to trying that recipe on hubby. But do have one question - anybody know how many oz's are in a cup?? or how bigga cup should I measure in??

Marvin - what are Tatertots? I can see I need a lot of educating in everybodies eating habits? Believe me though I have plenty of strange ones myself.

As I couldn't post I have had plenty of extra time to exercise.

Did the aerobics on Tuesday, but my new aerobics tape hasn't been delivered yet - have just sent a snotty email to the company asking where it is - so as I couldn't do that on Wed. I did that Tae Bo basic again. I was just back from taking my boys swimming, they can't swim yet so it's more of a splash around but it's still movement. I also came down the flumes - more times that my back cares to remember so I climbed all those stairs to the top first as well. Anyway the Tae Bo was 10 times worse last night but I felt good after it. Tonight I've done the Tae Bo again as planned, but need to swap my swim from tomorrow until Saturday as Ray is off to the pub tomorrow night & I'll be with the boys. I'll just ride my exercise bike instead & swim first thing Sat.

How do you all fit in 2 /3 lots of exercise everyday. I can only manage it if I walk for my entire 30 minute lunch and work out at home in the morning / evening.

Somebody thought they had posted the longest post ever - they haven't had to read to many of mine.

Hopefully I'll be able to post again tomorrow,

See you
Old 03-09-2001, 10:58 AM   #20  

Hi All!

MarvinTM: Let me know how the Enchilada Pie went over!

Zookeeper: Thanks for the tip about the photo-editing! Now I just have to go pick one to edit!

Big Sal: Welcome back! Good job on the Tae-Bo! In answer to your question, there are 8 fluid oz in a cup, but I'm not sure the same ounce ratio applies to dry ingredients. When talking about a cup of a dry ingredient, like cheese or chopped peppers, I mean just fill a standard 8oz measuring cup like the kind you'd use to measure ingredients for baking. If you don't have a measuring cup, most small mugs are between 8 and 10oz, so are an approximate substitution.

In news: Went out to dinner w/a friend last night and didn't exercise -- AND ate lots of cheese, and a panini, and drank a lot of sangria! NOT very healthy at all! Well, today is another day, and I'll just have to start over.
Weight update: Now that I've finally "officially" weighed myself, I can confirm what I saw earlier in the week -- I've lost 2 pounds and hit my first 5lb goal! Now, if only I can keep myself from eating like a piglet this weekend + find time to exercise next week so it does all come back!

Old 03-09-2001, 11:43 AM   #21  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Default It's Friday!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the weekend ladies!

Big Sal Tatertots are like hashbrowns that are formed into inch long pellet-shapes, frozen like fries and oven-baked like fries too. I've also heard then called mexi-fries, and Tater Gems. I hope that helps. They are not really that good for you, high in fat, again like french fries!!!

For me, fitting in 2 bouts of exercise is not too hard in a day. I don't have kids (yet), and so I don't need to plan around them, which I know helps a lot! So, I make myself an exercise appointment after work every weekday to go to Curves and I'm guaranteed at least one workout that day. The other ones are something that I'm trying to fit in, but it's not going all that well yet. The way I figure it, as long as I get my 5 Curves workouts in, I'm ok. The rest is just extra to try and kickstart an actual loss on the scale!

Copperblu I totally forgot last night was MIL's birthday party (her bday is on Saturday) so I didn't get the chance to make the pie last night. Will definitely be doing so tonight though, and I'll let you know how dh likes it on Monday!

!Congrats! on achieving your 5 pound mark! That's fabulous! The last time that I weighed in, (on Mar. 1st), I was at 161.5 and 161 is my first five pounds, so I'm going to weigh in tonight at Curves, and I hope to join you at the 5 pound mark! I'll let you know Monday! I am cautiously optimistic, but don't want to get those hopes up too high!

So everybody, have an excellent weekend, and stay positive!

Marvin
Old 03-09-2001, 04:46 PM   #22  
Crazy Babe

Well done copperblu, hope the scales are kind to me on Monday. I have exercised and ate better than I did last week but have not been great.

I've been swimming tonight - did my usual 40 lenghts but took forever tonight as the pool was crowded and I had to zig zag my way up & down it.

My knees are a bit sore. Not really painful, I'm just a bit achey. Hope this is the start of some old injury I have forgotten all about.

I'm off to my nieces birthday party on Sunday - she'll be 1, so I hope there is lots of jelly & ice cream to get stuck into. Will need to work out extra hard all weekend to indulge at that.Hoping to get a long walk in tomorrow to help balance it all out.

Gonna go slob out on the couch, see you later.
Old 03-11-2001, 10:28 AM   #23  
Losing it!

Default Reporting In

I'm here to report two good days in a row!

Friday I went to the Y for water aerobics. I was a little late getting there so I could only fit in 2 laps of swimming before class. And yesterday I got in 2 miles at the track. So I feel pretty good about this week coming up. Hopefully I'll make my St. Patricks day goal if I just stay focused.
Old 03-11-2001, 08:49 PM   #24  

MinyMony: Congratulations on the two great days in a row!! With that kind of dedication, I'm sure you'll make your St. Patrick's day goal easily!

Big Sal: Good job on getting in your swimming! I'm sorry to hear about your knees, I hope they're feeling better. I hope your niece's birthday party went okay and that ice cream didn't win the war of the weekend!

MarvinTM: Good luck on the weigh-in! Hope you had fun at your MIL's birthday party!

I went out on Friday + had too much hard cider...NOT lowcal! Didn't get a workout in on Friday, obviously, and knowing my weekends, figured I was doomed to a 2 workout week. But DH went into the office today + I did the Firm Basics: Abs,Buns, Thighs tape for the first time -- I've never done so many lunges in my life! Argh! But got through it, and now I can say I made my 3 workouts in a week minimum.

Next week I think I'm going to change my rotation, will let you know -- I'll start a new thread on Monday w/my new rotation so we can escape this looong thread.
Closed Thread