Any Cyclists Out There?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Wondering if there are any cyclist out there that would like to share their stories, post pics of your bikes, share weight loss stories, etc? Looking forward to hearing from you.
  • i just bought my very first road bike!!!
  • Not yet, but I've been hoping to save up for a roadbike for a year now. I mean, I am from the Netherlands so we all cycle to work and back. But that's obviously not the kind of cycling we're discussing here.

If all goes well I can buy a cheap second hand one by the end of this month or the end of next month. I am soooo excited.
  • Me me me!!! Nothing too athletic though. Have cycled for many years usually between 3 and 7 miles. Fair weather though so not so much in winter!! Mountain bike, silver colour. No pics, not a picture kind of person. Definitely helps with my back problems and strengthing my legs. Can't say if it's helped me lose weight but definitely prevented me from putting it on. Hope you have good places to cycle and can enjoy your outings, I love pushing myself a bit farther and feeling fitter. HTH.
  • Quote: i just bought my very first road bike!!!
    What kind did you buy?????? I wanna see!!!!!!
  • I can't wait to get my bike (one day). I want to experience the road!!!!
  • Me! I LOVE my road bike. It's one of the things I have kept doing even
    though I have gained quite a bit of my weight back (From eating, not cycling, lol).
  • Quote: Me! I LOVE my road bike. It's one of the things I have kept doing even
    though I have gained quite a bit of my weight back (From eating, not cycling, lol).
    Do you have a pic of your road bike? I would love to see it.
  • I think it should show up in my avatar now.
  • Quote: I think it should show up in my avatar now.
    Ooooooooooooo, I like !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.
  • I got a bike about 2 months ago. I've ridden a handful of times due to weather, but I love it and hope to ride more...
  • ladies! I am buying this bike on monday!!

-
    It's gonna be the first time I am gonna get into bicycle racing - though I do everything by bike here, just a normal city bike. I am looking into gear I need to buy and am wondering - are the pants with pads really what you need? It looks so silly and uncomfortable. I plan on building up to riding for 3 to 4 hours so it should sit comfortable obviously.

I am sooo excited. I've been wanting to buy a bike for 2yrs. But first I was just not active, and then I started to get active last year and I told myself if I would be fit by summer this year I'd get myself a bike. And I am pretty dang fit now and also won't be too emberassed to get in the tight riding clothes. lol.
  • I have an old Chimo Concourse that I bought at a garage sale for $12.50 a few years ago. Put some new tires on it and a rack for a basket on the back and it works just fine for my purposes. The gears are a bit tricky, but I've got them figured out well enough. I ride to/from school a few days a week (9 miles round trip) and occasionally do rides for fun or errands on the weekend. I've been taking a break from running due to plantar fasciitis in my right foot, so I'm trying to bike more. Did 14 miles today biking to/from the farmers market.
  • That is a nice bike, philana! You will find after a long distance ride of 3-4 hours that you won't care about the silly-looking shorts --either that, or you'll be riding with other silly-looking people in shorts. Another thing you can try if you are uncomfortable is a different saddle.
  • Quote: ladies! I am buying this bike on monday!!

-
    It's gonna be the first time I am gonna get into bicycle racing - though I do everything by bike here, just a normal city bike. I am looking into gear I need to buy and am wondering - are the pants with pads really what you need? It looks so silly and uncomfortable. I plan on building up to riding for 3 to 4 hours so it should sit comfortable obviously.

I am sooo excited. I've been wanting to buy a bike for 2yrs. But first I was just not active, and then I started to get active last year and I told myself if I would be fit by summer this year I'd get myself a bike. And I am pretty dang fit now and also won't be too emberassed to get in the tight riding clothes. lol.
    NICE!!!