Flabby Arms - I'm Depressed. I need help please.

• Has anyone had VERY flabby arms and was able to lose the flab doing arm exercises? I hear people talking about getting rid of flabby arms but my arms are VERY VERY VERY flabby. When I wave, I could probably swat a fly and kill it. I'm serious. I have always had flabby arms and I want them GONE NOW! I need help. Please help me. I"m getting depressed about my flabby arms.
  • You can't spot reduce. All you can do is lose body fat and increase muscle mass.
  • The first thing is try not to be depressed about it.
    I recently read that the underarm is a place that women tend to store fat (men don't store it there) and it's one of the last places that the fat will leave. Also if you have extra skin and depending on your age, it might be stretched and may never regain it's elasticity. You can do arm exercises (pushups and tricep dips come to mind) and continue to lose weight and hope for the best.

Two years ago, I was at my goal weight and fairly lean and had some pretty impressive 'guns' and I still had the underarm flab. I've just decided to wear longer sleeves. My kids like to jiggle it also -very annoying !
  • I had HUGE arms. Weight training helped me keep the muscle in them and now I get compliments on them all the time.

Honestly though they were pretty big until I hit the 120s. My body didn't really take the fat from there until then. You just have to keep losing and eventually the fat will come off. If you weight train then your arms will look awesome when the fat comes off.
  • Do workouts that target the arms strenght training will help! Im heavy into strenght training it really makes a difference and help to shape the body. go on you tube and put in arm workouts or toning into the search engine you will get so many clips! Good luck
  • I was just thinking about my bat arms this week....
    Dr Oz has some tips that can't hurt to try

Fat-burning Formula for Your Arms
    3. Fat-burning Formula for Your Arms
    Flabby upper arms, also referred to as “bat wings” can be a trouble spot for many women. Fat deposits stored here tend to be concentrated in this area because your body wants to keep them as energy reserves. To lose stubborn fat in your upper arm area, consume the following every day for 1 week:
    6 cups of parsley tea daily
    3 sweet potatoes, 1 at every meal

Parsley contains powerful antioxidants, has diuretic effects, and may help balance hormones that otherwise allow you to store fat in certain body areas such as your arms.

Drinking parsley in tea form promotes satiety so you feel full. Parsley tea is available at natural food stores and online.

In addition, make sweet potatoes your only carb at every single meal – breakfast, lunch and dinner – for 1 week. Sweet potatoes are low-glycemic foods, as opposed to foods with a high glycemic index that spike hormone levels linked to arm fat. Enjoy sweet potatoes each day in different ways such as in pancakes for breakfast, baked “fake fries” for lunch, or baked for dinner. For recipe suggestions, click here.
  • Thanks for the tips everyone. I am willing to try anything. I'm desperate.

So what I have is called, "Bat Wings"? LOL I have enough wings to fly as well. LOL

I will put the Dr. Oz advice to the test. I will get the parsley tea and sweet potatoes. I have no idea what parsley tea is but will research it and look for it.

I make a delicious sweet potatoe soup. The sound of sweet potatoes in pancakes sounds delicious.

I'm off to clipping my bat wings through strength training, weight training, arm exercises and Dr. Oz.

Wish me luck.
  • Telling someone to try & not be depressed about something = not helpful.

I never seem to be able to get rid of my wings either, even doing weight lifting & getting down to my goal weight I still have loose skin. Getting older sucks & nothing but surgery can fix some things. I need to win the lottery so I can go get everything fixed.
  • Oops-sorry- I wasn't trying to be unhelpful.
    I just meant it in the tone of Bobby McFerrins' song "Don't worry be happy".
    I guess that's not helpful either
  • Hey, I'm with you! I hate my arms, too! My arms are unusually giant. Just to give an example. I tried on a cute dress and it looked lovely. But it was sleeveless - no way in the world I'm going out sleeveless - not just because of my enormous arms but also because of a really crap tattoo i have on my shoulder. And even though I have a small waist and am generally smaller on the top than on the bottom, I tried on a jacket THREE SIZES bigger than the dress and still couldn't get my arms through the sleeves.

As I get a bit smaller, my jacket problem gets a bit less, but it's really awful. I can't wear normal shirts (only stretchy or t-shirt fabric) because my arms literally won't squeeze into the sleeves.

I put on muscle mass quite easily so working out gives me great biceps, but only makes my sleeve fitting problem worse.

The only time I've even thought about going sleeveless was when I was wearing a size 10 - in my 20s. Even then they were a bit flabby, but not so bad I was mortified.
  • Hi guys! I once had flabby arms but I toned them up with series of exercies, cardio and a diet that wasn't strict either.

I am creating this program to help women lose their bingo wings. What do you think about it? Is this something any of you would be interested in? If yes, what results would you like to see from it? Any opinions and suggestions are welcome. I want to hear about your burning pains regarding your upper body part. Thank you so much. P.S. I'm not sure if I can write about that here. I'm not advertising myself, I just want to help you reach your goals. Thank you again.
  • I have flabby underarms too. HATE it. At one point I had them looking pretty good and then I stopped weights and did only cardio. So, yeah. They're back a little. :/
  • Arms are one of the easiest places to tone. Just get yourself some hand weights and do some curls, overhead presses, leaning over bent rows. You should see results quickly. Start with 3lbs.
  • Like this one? Yes this is my arm

• Focus on losing fat. When your body fat percentage is low enough, then focus on strength training and toning to sculpt the arms. You can do weight training exercises with the arms now, but it won't do much except build muscle underneath the flabby skin. There's no spot reducing; when your body fat gets low enough your body will eventually burn the fat off the arms. I'm not guaranteed it will come off completely because it might be an age thing, but it will certainly improve things to burn off fat and tone the muscles.