Stiff red knees after exercise?

• I recently bough a lateral stepper machine with resistance chords and I was delighted and I'm feeling good and motivated by it. I stretch properly before hand and during I'm ok and don't feel my knees but afterwards they feel pretty stiff and sore for 10-15 minutes and I noticed today that they're red and hot (that could have happened each time but I wear long pants to exercise). A quick Google didn't reassure me too much but I'm not sure if it's a problem if it goes away like it does.. or am I heading for an injury?

Thanks, much appreciated!
  • Quote: I recently bough a lateral stepper machine with resistance chords and I was delighted and I'm feeling good and motivated by it. I stretch properly before hand and during I'm ok and don't feel my knees but afterwards they feel pretty stiff and sore for 10-15 minutes and I noticed today that they're red and hot (that could have happened each time but I wear long pants to exercise). A quick Google didn't reassure me too much but I'm not sure if it's a problem if it goes away like it does.. or am I heading for an injury?

Thanks, much appreciated!
    My knees are sore for about half an hour, also after running, doesn't last long, lasts a little longer if I run longer... My legs are also red and hot, never thought much of it and I have been running for 8 years, exercising 20+ years... It goes away so I don't worry about it... I always thougth the reason they got red and hot was because there's a lot of blood flowing through my legs when I workout....

So, unless it lasts a very long time and doesn't go away, hurts badly, I wouldn't worry too much about it....
  • Quote: My knees are sore for about half an hour, also after running, doesn't last long, lasts a little longer if I run longer... My legs are also red and hot, never thought much of it and I have been running for 8 years, exercising 20+ years... It goes away so I don't worry about it... I always thougth the reason they got red and hot was because there's a lot of blood flowing through my legs when I workout....

So, unless it lasts a very long time and doesn't go away, hurts badly, I wouldn't worry too much about it....
    Thanks, that's reassuring! Is it your legs or your knees that get red? It's just my knees and they're red and hot. I guess it's ok if the pain goes away pretty fast... I suppose if it gets worse or is painful during I'll get it checked out.
  • It actually doesn't do that much anymore, it did it more when I first started running... and it was the whole leg calves, knees, thighs... they were also hot to the touch...