3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   30 day shred April (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/256165-30-day-shred-april.html)

bt2155 04-02-2012 03:41 PM

30 day shred April

Hi Guys!

I was in the 30 day shred March fourm and see that we don't have an April one yet. Since I started in the middle of March, I will be continuing into April and figured others will as well. Feel free to join in at any time!

Today I completed L2D4 and love it!! I'm seeing big results! I go and weigh in tomorrow so I will let you know what I've lost so far!

Hope everyone is doing great!:carrot:

novangel 04-02-2012 06:42 PM

I'm doing 30DS but I'm taking it slower. 5-6 days a week and I spent 30 days on level 1. Starting level 2 and will move on to 3 when I feel ready. I'll call it 90DS instead. :lol:

Since I only have 15 pounds to lose the scale movement is slow as a turtle but had significant fat/size loss. :)

ryverthorn 04-02-2012 10:22 PM

I decided to try and give my weight loss a little bit of a nudge and to try the 30 day shred again....:dizzy:

Today was L1D1 for me.... owwwwwwwwwwww I forgot how much the first couple of days hurt....

eyre13 04-03-2012 07:37 AM

I "started" 30DS yesterday, though I didn't make it through the whole thing. Today will be the official start date. What I did do of it yesterday is making my legs a bit wobbly!

novangel 04-03-2012 11:23 AM

Yes, I remember at first being very wobbly and SORE! I don't think I have ever been so sore in my entire life. I had to fall into my car with my legs straight because I couldn't handle using my thigh muscles in order to sit. :lol: I also needed help getting out.

Now I only feel a little sore the next day after a rest day.

sevencallmemom 04-03-2012 08:25 PM

I've started 30DS so many times and never made it past about Day 8 of Level 1 because I was so out of shape and scared to death of the stuff in Level 2. I started again on April 1 and actually tried a few of the scary things in Level 2 and was surprised that I could do them, and some of them I didn't have to do the easier versions.

Anyways, Day 3 is behind me and my body aches, but I love it! Was surprised at how much easier it is this time than the other times I've tried. All those hours on the treadmill have obviously been good for my endurance. :)

So is anyone doing anything beyond 30DS this month? I still hit the treadmill daily, but not as hard or as long.

novangel 04-03-2012 11:06 PM

I also walk/jog outside on occasion but mainly stick to 30DS. I still find it very difficult even after 30 days so I am going to keep on until it no longer makes me break a sweat. I do have a Yoga DVD too but never seem to use it but I will keep it around for when TOM visits.

Tonyia 04-03-2012 11:09 PM

Level 2 and 3 are really so much easier than level 1, at least in my opinion. Level 1 still kind of kills me but I can do level 2 and 3 with minimal discomfort. I think because it does not have as many "jumping" exercises.

bt2155 04-03-2012 11:18 PM

I just completed L2D5! Half way through Level two!

Tonyia, I completely agree with you, however when I working my way up to the unmodified versions, I can really feel it!

novangel 04-03-2012 11:36 PM

I love level 1 (and it still kills me) but I had to switch it up so I don't get stuck in a plateau. I know I will still go back to it once in a while because I find level 2 more difficult only because some of the moves are complicated and require balance which I find annoying more than tiring. Hopefully level 3 is better.

After this is Ripped in 30 I think.

hotHealthy4life 04-04-2012 03:52 AM

Hey people!
I would like to join you in this thread!
I've started doing 30DS in March but made a break....well I actually did just L1 five times but the differences in my endurance are very noticeable! I plan to continue in April and hopefully finish it in April!

Well, happy a** kickin to us!

eyre13 04-04-2012 08:19 AM

I did L1D1 last night and I thought I was doing really well! Only a little sore.... And then i tried to climb the stairs at work....

As for other things, I've been doing 3 days of weight machines at the gym and the elliptical or treadmill, but I may have to put that off for a week or two until I'm not so sore. Woah!

eyre13 04-04-2012 09:27 AM

One other thing for anyone who's donet his before - are you supposed to go straight through? Or is it so many days of workout and rest days?
I've looked around online, but I can't find any one answer....

novangel 04-04-2012 09:42 AM

A lot of people are doing it everyday, advancing on to the next level every 10days, finishing at 30.

I aim for 6 days a week (sometimes it's 5) but didn't advance to level 2 until after 30 days. I'm taking my time with it and getting great results. I really don't like to push myself to the point of pure agony, I want to enjoy working out and not kill myself in the process. Like many others I am very out of shape and I am not in a race. As long as I continue to see my size slimming down I am happy.

The program says 30 days but I don't think it HAS to be 30 days..She says start at level one and when you're ready go on to level 2, and so on. So that's what I am doing. So far, so good. :)

I also log EVERYTHING I eat on Myfitnesspal...that's crucial.

novangel 04-04-2012 09:45 AM

Also, I know my ticker doesn't say much because I don't have much to lose in the first place but but I have lost massive fat. My clothes feel awesome. :carrot: