Question about Running

• Hi everyone!

I have been losing weight, and am still overweight by quite a bit, however I've decided that I wanted to try running and use that to really get a jump on losing sizes. Today I decided to go out and try running at a local park. I was able to run for roughly four minutes and then I started getting some pretty severe chest pains followed by coughing up blood. I tried to push my way through and only made it for a total of 10 minutes.

I've been able to do the 30 day shred without problems like this and other exercises and never have had issues with that in the past. Should I be worried about this? Am I just overworking my body?
  • If you're coughing up blood you need to see a doctor ASAP. That is nowhere near normal.

I hope everything is ok!
  • I have no idea, but coughing up blood??? Please go see a doctor!
  • Babe, as an employee of a hospital, I strongly suggest going to your doctor. It might something minor like an irritation of your bronchules from breathing and constriction to something much more detrimental. Just have yourself checked out, but don't panic!

p.s. Don't over do it when it comes to running. Start with jogging or walking at first and build up to it. That's the best and safest way to working out like that especially if you're not use to it. Your body is confused by the strenuous and sudden work out. ALWAYS stretch, of course.