Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 02:38 PM   #31  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!

I just ordered these tapes a few days ago and got them in last night. Tried the one mile this morning - after taking a year off from working out AT ALL I figured I better start slow. I LOVE it! I'm sure I'll progress pretty quickly to the two mile but I can see how the one mile will be great to have around for those days when I don't REALLY feel up to anything - I can at least let myself off easy with the one mile and not feel like I've given up or slacked off (too much).

I got the set with the one, two, and three mile tapes with the weights. This is just such a great way to get back into working out. I find that most of my other tapes are just a bit beyond my skill level now (that's what I get for sitting on my rear for a year!) and it's so discouraging not to be able to finish. I LOVED getting to the end of the one mile and realizing...hey, I did it!

Anyway, hope I can join you guys. This is a LOT of fun!
Old 03-19-2003, 08:31 PM   #32  

Hi,

Hope everyone is doing good.

I just did the 3 mile. Glad I had the time today to get the 3 mile in.

I have lower back problems, but I would like to get the weighted balls, but not sure if it would hurt my back, the walking does not bother it , I guess I could get them and start very slow, glad to know that Wallmart carries them.

It could be your new shoes Sherry, I have been wearing Dr. Scholls running shoes for years, so I buy the same ones when I need new ones. I'm sure it takes a bit of breaking in at first with any new shoes. Hopefully you will be able to get back at it soon. I know I miss exercising when I don't do it everyday. It becomes a habit and you miss it when you don't exercise.

Suzanne
Old 03-20-2003, 02:54 PM   #33  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Did anyone else find that those stupid little weights are impossible to fill up? Mine are a total POS and I'm VERY angry that anyone would pass this off as a viable product. The tapes are great, but they should either come with real weights you can actually use or they should tell you to just buy some weights.

What junk!!!
Old 03-20-2003, 03:37 PM   #34  
Student of the Hoof

Hidey hey, got the DVDs in the mail last night, and couldn't wait till the weekend to use them, so I did the 1 mile right after I finished my pilates. I didn't use my weights yet, just wanted to introduce myself to the routine, first. I loved it! It was quick (which I need when I'm doing the pilates first and still have to get to work) and by elevating the kicks and knee lifts I could get a nice workout. I'll use weights tomorrow.

And no, I didn't buy the little water balls, I already have dumbells so I'll be using those.
Old 03-20-2003, 03:40 PM   #35  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Mine came with the little water balls. I have weights, but none as small as I would need for this pace. Guess I'll have to buy some.

Also, forgot to post earlier that I did the one mile earlier today (this would be after flinging the water balls across the room and saying some fairly ugly words).
Old 03-20-2003, 03:49 PM   #36  
Student of the Hoof

I have to admit, I ordered my set without the balls because I didn't like the look of them. I figured if my kids wanted to do the workout with me and use weights, either we can dig into the canned foods, or we can run out and buy a few new dumbells.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:15 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

I love my tape and I am going to buy dumbbells.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:25 PM   #38  

Hi,

I didn't have trouble filling up the weighted balls with water. I'm sorry others have had problems with them. I'm sure regular weights would be just fine. If you buy the set from Leslie Sansone's website, the weights are already filled with sand. But it was much cheaper for me to buy the set from amazon, cause I had a twenty dollar gifts certificate that almost paid for the whole thing.

I did the two mile WATP with weights today. It's only my second time being able to finish the two mile. I think it's going to take me a LONG time to get up to the three mile tape.

My foot is feeling better. It still feels a bit stiff at times.

Take care,
Sherry
Old 03-20-2003, 07:54 PM   #39  

Hello All!

I sounds like everyone is doing well!
I did 4 miles again yesterday. I have not done anything yet today and don't know if I will. I have not taken a day off in a looong time. So I am not going to let my self get stressed out about it. I am going to try but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen!

I think I said this already but I just use the dumbells and they work great! I am glad I did not get those weighted balls! Raven that is so funny you said that about your kids mine 2 and 4 work out with me sometimes. It is really funny! My 4 year old calls the one mile the blue tape and the 2 mile pink. He always wants to know why I am not wearing the right colors?LOL!

Good luck this weekend ladies. I will be away from a computer for a couple of days!

Beth
Old 03-22-2003, 03:24 PM   #40  

Hi - did the 2 mile for the 1st time yesterday & bought some weights & the the tape again today with the weights.

I really like it.

Sherry - sounds like we are in the same place with the exercise.

Bye for now.
Old 03-22-2003, 04:26 PM   #41  
Student of the Hoof

Well I only did the 1 mile again today. But I added weights, and I'm using three pound dumbells, so maybe that makes up for a little of it.

My son wanted to do it with me, but he'd strained his thigh muscle the other day, so I figured we'd just stick with the 1 mile for today. Tomorrow, I do the 2 mile. So there.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:54 AM   #42  

Did another 2 miles with weights last night. Total this week = 11
Total since starting tapes = 17

Hope everyone has a great OP week.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:16 PM   #43  

Hi everyone!!!

I have started off the week good, did the 2 mile tape today.

I am going to look into getting the weighted balls, to step up the work out.

Glad to see everyone is still doing lots of walking. Have a great week.

Suzanne
Old 03-25-2003, 09:28 AM   #44  

Suzanne - good job with your walking.

I got in 2 miles this a.m. with my weights. Trying to beat last weeks total of 11 miles.

Have a great week, too.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:37 AM   #45  

Hi,

I did the one mile on Sunday, and the two mile with weights on Monday and today.

I feel like doing the three mile tape would be impossible! But I just started the tapes on 3/1, and have managed to do the two mile, so it's a start. I can't always do all the moves, but I"m keeping up. Those knee lifts while walking forward kill me, it's going to be awhile til I can really do those.
I just ordered a bunch of other Leslie tapes-walk jog/walk kickboxing/walk yoga/ a "one mile muscle tape" a stress relief walking tape and a 30 minute walking tape. These are the variety packs one and two from collage video. Can't wait to get them! I get bored if I do the same things over and over.

take care,
sherry
Closed Thread