New walking challenge anyone?

• I'm new here so I don't know if one is already started or not,but does anyone want to start a walking challenge for March. I figured since it's the beginning of the month it would be a good time for me to start walking again. I'm also going to stick with it this time and if anyone wants to be email buddys please email me @ [email protected] I would really appreciate some encouragement. Well, yesterday I walked for 90 min. and I'm going to do the same today. Hope some of you are interested.
  • Count Me In!
    Hi! I have never been to this thread before, but it is just what I need! I just finished a university class, so I will have more time to devote to exercise.
    It is very cold here, so I will have to be flexible in order to get my exercise in! My goal is to do one of the following 5 out of every 7 days:
    - walk at least 30 minutes
    - do my 20 minute walking video + use my ab roller
    - take dd swimming

Today it is super cold and windy outside, BUT dh is home to watch dd. I will go for a 20 minute walk and supplement it with an ab roller workout. (I am just getting the roller today, and am very excited about it!!)
    Good luck with your goal, tkaye! You can do it!
  • I would love a walking challenge. I walked 45 minutes yesterday, 30 minutes the day before. I am trying to walk daily for the next 6 weeks. Just in time for my family visit in Vegas-nope I won't be "thin" but clothes shopping will be a lot funner!
  • Hi
    Ain't walking grand? I challenge myself to walk
    at least 60 miles in March. I'm getting kind of a late
    start, but I think I'm at about 16 miles so far.
    Walk On!
    Gina Belle
    245/195/128
  • Hi ~

Count me in! I like the idea Gina B. had: a challenge of miles instead of days. I'd like to set a goal of walking 10 miles for the remainder of March, starting tomorrow (the first day of spring), and will increase it for April.

I'll check in often and hope a few of you will too - I could use the encouragement and will pass on kind words as well.

Nona
  • Hi All ~

Where is everyone? Probably out walking, right??

I walked a few miles at the Phoenix Zoo with my boys and nephews on Saturday. Between the walking and watching the kids, I felt totaled!

Anyway, I my walking so far this past week is right at 3 miles.

Keep posting... the more the merrier, right? Hope to see more people checking in... hint, hint...

Nona

• Walk, Walk, Walk..... I'm going to have to invest in new shoes!

Hope to hear from some of you soon. Anyone "new" (like me) out there...??? Post your monthly walking goals here.

Lighter ~~ Keep posting ~~ Nona
  • This is the first time that I have visited this forum, but I think a walking challenge is a great idea!!

Count me in... I have walked 17.5 miles so far in March. I will shoot for 25 total for the month. Maybe next month I can do more, since the weather is FINALLY improving here in NC.

Arizona - you go, girl!!

Later...

Janice