Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #1  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Starting HIIT tomorrow; my record

I'm going to record my progress and thoughts in HIIT through March 31. Anyone want to join?

1/18/2012
Starting weight: 167
1/25: 164
2/2: 163.8

Last edited by Eliana; 02-02-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #2  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Me! I upped my workouts on Sunday, and I've been doing little hiit things every day. I downloaded some workout plans last night, and put them on the wall, all ready to go for today. I have one for every day of the week. I had a 3 month period at the end of last year where I couldnt get out of the 220's to save my life, lol and I've been at 202 for over 2 weeks now, which is great cause it's not you know, like, 252.. but.. I'm worried I'm at the start of another long haul. So I decided I'm going to mix things up! I'm happy I found this! Thanks Eliana!

Yikes! I'm excited with fear, lol...

1/18/12
SW: 202

Should we weigh in here weekly? I'm a daily weigher, so it doesn't matter to me what day is "check in"...
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Glad you're joining! I'm a daily weigher also, so I'll be checking in daily, probably, but at least on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I do HIIT.

I've been trying to get off the 20 pounds I've regained since June! I'm getting married March 31st, thus the deadline. I'm all for really kicking it hard these next few weeks. I think it will be 10 weeks if I counted right.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #4  
is super awesome.

You SO deserve the happiness you've found, Eliana. I truly believe that!!

Also: I'm at 202.4 today (yesterday was 202.2).. I did my HIIT last night, and it was pretty intense, however not as hard as I was putting it up to be in my mind, lol, so I was plesantly surprised. I'm sore today, but nothing like, oh, gee I can't walk, haha. I'm sure doing my "Thursday" workout tonight will make me feel those muscles even more.

Last night my fam went out for my cousins birthday to a hibachi place, so I'm salty too... I know that this 202 is temporary due to the sodium and the sore-y muscles, it's just SUPER ANNOYING...

Old 01-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Sodium/muscle water weight is beastly! I hate it! But it is what it is.

I...sort of...copped out. LOL! I had it in my head that today's workout would just be "extra" because it makes more sense to start next week with a full week. AND my son, who goes to the gym with me, did not want to go. So I slept in.

Actually, the whole truth is that I woke up at 5:00, stepped on the scale and had "gained" 1.5 pounds because I changed the batteries in my scale. Not exactly motivating! So I went back to bed!

All that said, my diet is spot on and I've worked so hard at the gym this week a day off is really not a bad thing. AND I can still get it in this evening at home. I'll let you know. ;o)

But my start weight is now 166.6
Old 01-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #6  
is super awesome.

Good job, none the less!! Hahaha. I have those days. And don't you hate getting up at 5? I have to for work and people are always like 'oh, 5... AM?' LOL. Like I get up at 5PM for work. Haha. Then they are jealous of me getting off work at 3, though. So, it works out.

And I so can't wait till I'm at 166. I'll be like, 1lb from goal! Or current goal before I re-evaulate.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #7  
Calorie counter

Yeah, and I wouldn't be stressing over the 166 if I hadn't seen 145 this Summer and if I wasn't getting married!! I am putting off dress shopping as long as I can and that's just sad! LOL!

You've done fabulously! I think 165 is a fantastic goal for you. I made my goal 135 and I wish I'd made it 145.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #8  
is super awesome.

Thanks! It's taking me longer than I thought, although I'm very comfortable with my eating, as it seems natural and I enjoy where I'm at.

And I agree with putting it off. I ordered my dress and it only took about 9 days to come in. I'm sure a local shop could tell you how long things usually take. A good seamstress can have that bad boy out in 48 hours, too!

And I did more hiit stuff every day over the weekend. I'm really enjoying the sore legs and arms all the time, and some random muscles on my sides, lol.. It makes me feel like I'm actually doing something. I'm STILL AT 202.2. I want to punch that number in the face, lol.. But alas, I'll keep going. (I was paranoid and weighed myself on another scale, because I was worried mine was on the fritz, and no... I was 202.4 on the other, so I'm just at a stall... its the workouts, I know.. ugh.)

I'll just keep going. Gonna clear the guest room out tonight and have the DH set up my christmas present elliptical! WOO! I'm gonna have a little workout room if it kills me!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #9  
Calorie counter

I put in a half marathon on my treadmill yesterday. . Only three of it was running but that was a lot of walking!

I'm supposed to start HIIT tomorrow. That is the plan. I figured I would have lost a little something after my half marathon, but no. You have to take water into account. It will whoosh off at its own time, I guess.

I got totally stuck at 200. It's very common. Keep doing what you are and it will move.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #10  
is super awesome.

I'm so impatient, lol. It's been so long... like, middle school or something, that I can really remember being in the 100's.. I DO remember being 120 something in 6th grade, and I was the "biggest" girl at 5 foot something, then.. Although, it was a private school, lol, and there were only 6 girls in ALL of our grade. Out of maybe 60 kids? Something. And no one cared, really. I never - even after being thrown into public school in 7th grade- was teased about being "big"... no one seemed to care, lol.. which didnt help, I guess.. Anyways! LOL. I know I was 190something at Jr prom in 11th grade, maybe.. guesses, really, as I stopped weighing myself.. hah. If I dont see it, it's clearly not true!

I keep telling myself to keep going. I upped my calories and my protein intake a little to change things up. I was at a solid 1550, and I upped them to 1650 and I try to make sure that extra 100 cals is all protein.. Usually egg whites or something of the like. It'll happen, I just have to let it.

AND! I bought some size 12 jeans on saturday, at american eagle no less, lol, as my pants are literally falling off. I'm also getting 'you are getting small!' comments too, so I think I'm losing inches.

And good luck on tomorrow! It's great!!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #11  
Calorie counter

Yay on the jeans! That's so exciting! I remember slipping into 12's and just being over the moon. I was so thrilled to leave behind that 14, 14W, 16, 16W, etc. nightmare! I remember a 14 W might be huge but a regular 18, no way. It was so confusing.

My weight fluctuated a lot in high school, though I never weighed either. I know I went between sizes 3 and 12 with the change of the season. During marching band season I was always a size 3 and then by the end of Winter I was a 12. How I didn't see that pattern, I have no idea. Then in college I walked absolutely everywhere and remained that tiny size 3. But I never attributed any of that to movement. So when I got married and sedentary and I was floored by how the fat packed on.

I did my first real session today and boy were my legs jello. I kept thinking about you as I finished up. I managed 20 minutes of 20 seconds on, 40 seconds recovery. Those first 10 were like yeah, I can do this, no biggie. Then I was counting them down. Oh man. And a really good cardio workout like that really hacks up some stuff from my lungs, always has. It feels good to be done! I got my HR up to 180, which is incredible for me these days!! My resting HR is as low as 45 and at the end of spin class it's generally around 90, so 180 is some serious pumping going on.

Last edited by Eliana; 01-24-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #12  
is super awesome.

Talking

The jeans are exciting!! I'm afraid to try them on again, though, its like my brain is having a harder time wrapping around this than my thighs are, LOL. I'm gonna do it later on today, though.. After work! (And I'm 5'7", I'm not sure how in the heck I'm a SHORT. I'm "taller" than most of the women I work with and the women I'm related to, HOW is that short? Just something that bothers me..)

My legs are also jello about 90% of the way through the workout and I have to push to keep going! And this topic is helping me do so, so thanks!

I've always had a low HR, and low BP, to the point that I've been a show-and-tell-object in my BFF's nursing class about 8 years ago, lol.. My resting HR is generally about 52 and if I make it up above 160 I'm pumped! I have noticed also that my HR is going down with the more cardio that I do.. and it only goes above 60 when my DH's family comes into play.. Ugh.

My muscles are less sore today, so I must be getting more used to the hiit stuff. I'm also at 202 even, which is the lowest I've been so far in this journey. I'm hoping with my work out today, keeping my water intake up, and having good calorie counts today I can bust through this 202 tomorrow! That'd be pretty sweet. And I would get past my paranoia that I'm stuck.

Have a good day today!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #13  
Calorie counter

Throwing HIIT into your routine really ought to break you out of any "stuck" pattern, given time. My efforts generally show up about two weeks later...or the day after I throw a really big fit. Sometimes I think I ought to just throw more fits.

Last edited by Eliana; 01-24-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #14  
is super awesome.

That's a good idea! I did complain vocally earlier about it, maybe that'll work! LOL.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #15  
is super awesome.

IT WORKED!

201 this morning!