Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-24-2012, 05:24 AM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Default Am i workin out enough for fatloss?

Am i working out enough?
Ive been doing my teabo dvds 5 times a week past two weeks however i have quite a collection so i choose what one i fancy each day they range between 30-45mins long .....then once a week ive been going for the ultimate bootcamp which is 60mins long, is this enough or should i be doing more-like 2 dvds?

I am going back to my gym soon so i will be able to have a gym workout aswell
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:26 AM   #2  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

No doubt you've read the tagline on here somewhere diet is for weight loss and exercise is for fitness. I totally believe that. Any exercise is beneficial, and I'm sure you're doing plenty. 20 lbs lost already--you're on your way to your goal!!! Exercise and don't be overly concerned about it being enough to burn fat....you're doing great.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 148.8/143/130

Height: 5'3

I've read quite a few things that say 30-45 mins 4-6 days a week plus strength training every other day is ideal and that anything over 60mins starts going for muscle as opposed to fat.
CandieBarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

But if you have more muscle it burns more fat, so it's kind of complex and different for everyone. I think the exercise plan you can sustain for a long time is the best one. I believe in a mixture of cardio and weights as "best." But like I said, it's really a personal thing about what works for you and what you like.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

There is no magic point at which fat loss "switches over" to muscle loss. It doesn't happen within an exercise (as some people believe due to the misguided "fat burning zone" on some cardio machines) and it doesn't happen over the course of a week (if you exercise over X minutes per week).

Like 124chick said, fat loss mostly comes from diet. You can help create a deficit through exercise, though it usually isn't much (especially because the body often compensates for the increased energy exerted by conserving energy in other, often unnoticeable ways.) If you have a high body fat percentage, most of the weight your body sheds when you are on reduced calories comes from fat.

Loss of some muscle and other lean tissue often happens in weight loss. The best way to minimize this is to ensure you are intaking adequate protein and including weight-bearing and strength training exercises in your diet.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiblue View Post
...misguided "fat burning zone" on some cardio machines)
Ugh, I hate those things!! That's a whole other post for me!

Exercise is great for so very many things, and I say the more the merrier. However, it has certainly been my experience that exercise doesn't speed things up a whole heck of a lot. It just makes you look fit, tones those muscles and gives you tons of energy. If I could exercise this weight off, I sure would. For me, there's no big difference between putting in an hour or three. What seems to matter is the intensity I give that first hour, and then just staying active the rest of the day.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #7  
Amazing will be me

Just gona keep doing what im doing then xx
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote